Why is there so much abuse on these boards?

The Amazing Lee

Don't call me chicken!
Reaction score
I mean the community isn't TOO bad but I was just hanging around in t he Spider-man 3 forum and the people in there are like barbarians. I admit I've been like it too at times but there is SO much fighting and I'm guessing all other comic book related movie forum is just as bad/worse.

Why oh why is it like this....and I doubt there is a way to stop it :(

The Amazing Lee said:
I mean the community isn't TOO bad but I was just hanging around in t he Spider-man 3 forum and the people in there are like barbarians. I admit I've been like it too at times but there is SO much fighting and I'm guessing all other comic book related movie forum is just as bad/worse.

The Spider-man forum has always been like that for as long as I've been here. I haven't been in that forum for months. They think if you are a Superman fan then you shouldn't be in "Their" forum giving your opinion. :rolleyes: If you go in there and say anything other than "Spiderman is the greatest movie of all time " then they jump all over you, so I just as soon as stay away than fight with them.

i only lurk there, hardly post
those spidey fans are like rabid wolverines :o

Everyone likes to think that their **** don't stink, but they're blinded by the stench to see otherwise.

Drakon said:
Everyone likes to think that their **** don't stink, but they're blinded by the stench to see otherwise.

Everyone knows that your own smell isn't as bad as everyone elses because you're used to it ;)

But I know what you are saying. I mean everyone is so protective.

Someone will say a reasonable question like: "I think Spidey should obtain the symbiote suit in some kind of accident maybe different from his original origin " and then someone will answer with like "OMG shut up you *****. Spidey will not have the symbiote suit...that is sooo lame and changing the origin...What are you talking about you ****"

stuff like that :rolleyes:

Superman said:
The Spider-man forum has always been like that for as long as I've been here. I haven't been in that forum for months. They think if you are a Superman fan then you shouldn't be in "Their" forum giving your opinion. :rolleyes: If you go in there and say anything other than "Spiderman is the greatest movie of all time " then they jump all over you, so I just as soon as stay away than fight with them.

Supes forum is the same and lets face it when you've got guys like JCDC stirring the pot what do you expect?

Guyverjay said:
Supes forum is the same and lets face it when you've got guys like JCDC stirring the pot what do you expect?
Yeah but I don't think they are AS bad as the Spiderman forum, But You are right, they do like to fight over dumb stuff. :(

The Amazing Lee said:

Barbarians rule. Vikings, especially, but Cimmerians are the best, BY CROM!!!

The Amazing Lee said:
Everyone knows that your own smell isn't as bad as everyone elses because you're used to it ;)

But I know what you are saying. I mean everyone is so protective.

Someone will say a reasonable question like: "I think Spidey should obtain the symbiote suit in some kind of accident maybe different from his original origin " and then someone will answer with like "OMG shut up you *****. Spidey will not have the symbiote suit...that is sooo lame and changing the origin...What are you talking about you ****"

stuff like that :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's funny. We often make claims to how outrageous things were back in the day, like with Organics/Mechanics and Phoenix St. and all that fuss, but nowadays, almost everything is like that. It's a shame, really.

Drakon said:
Yeah, it's funny. We often make claims to how outrageous things were back in the day, like with Organics/Mechanics and Phoenix St. and all that fuss, but nowadays, almost everything is like that. It's a shame, really.

To be honest...it can only get worse :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Mr.Parker is still around in any shape or form??

The Spider-Man forums frighten me. I'd rather shake hands with Osama Bin Laden than go into the Spider-Man forums.

Dwarf lord said:
The Spider-Man forums frighten me. I'd rather shake hands with Osama Bin Laden than go into the Spider-Man forums.

Be brave. It's not too bad. You've got some temperamental bastards in there though.

The Amazing Lee said:
Be brave. It's not too bad. You've got some temperamental bastards in there though.

I would put it on par with a never ending bar fight.

Dwarf lord said:
I would put it on par with a never ending bar fight.

It can get like that but I'm not bothered. it's only Spidey fans :rolleyes:

The Amazing Lee said:
It can get like that but I'm not bothered. it's only Spidey fans :rolleyes:

True. But Hulk fans, that's a different story. They're a different story because they branch out and start trolling other boards.

Dwarf lord said:
True. But Hulk fans, that's a different story. They're a different story because they branch out and start trolling other boards.

I've never really been on any other forums to be honest.

The Amazing Lee said:

the spidey boards have always been bad, avoid them like the plague, or grow some thick skin...

there isn't anything to talk about there, and that's one of the main problems with it.

I would say the same happens on the hulk boards but its kinda peaceful over there for the majority of things...

The Amazing Lee said:
To be honest...it can only get worse :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Mr.Parker is still around in any shape or form??

Heard a rumor from the lounge thread he is but forgot what's the name he was using

Well Lee the short answer is Fanboys get a little nuts.
But believe me this one of the more tamer boards compared to others I've been on

The F4 board had the most abuse ever,the brutality exacted by angry longterm Doom fans on newbie actor fans was intense:(

Ive never found a problem with the Spidey or Super boards except the usual Source material vs movie arguments

the batboard is heaven compared to the rest :up: :D

(waits for insults)

The Spidey forums were fine back when it was www.spidermanhype.com

But to be honest, I think all of the individual forums are kinda poor now.
They are so protective of their views on each superhero.
Its kinda sad IMO.

I only post on X-Men boards (lurk on others) and at times it can be harsh there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"