Why no Resident Evil 5 at E3?

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
Capcom definitely dropped the ball at E3. No RE5, no Devil May Cry 4...they ignored their two biggest franchises. Bad move.

I guess they decided to only have 1 zombie game (Dead Rising), but yeah, having some info on RE5 would have been awesome.

Is E3 over already? Damn I was hoping that RE5 would sneak in since we have little to no info...but it's still a year or two off so maybe next year...but that's disappointing. I just want to know if real zombies will be back :up:

They must be "28 Days Later, DOTD remake"-style zombies....they must be fast as hell.

I love what they're doing with Dead Rising though....slow during the day, fast during the night :up:

Resident Evil Wii better be a modified version of Resident Evil 5 :mad:

Gammy v.2 said:
They must be "28 Days Later, DOTD remake"-style zombies....they must be fast as hell.

I love what they're doing with Dead Rising though....slow during the day, fast during the night :up:

I LOVE running zombies. In another thread there was some big ass argument about running zombies vs slow...I don't see why there even needs to be conflict. Like you say why not both?

I am a HUGE zombie fanatic, I was also a little sad about no word on Posession :( But I would sell my kidney and a bit of my soul to have dead rising now.

My personal theory is that Wesker wants to reboot Umbrella, and gets ahold of the las plagas and injects them into t virus subjects to make them more 'malleable' to his whims (I mean thats sort of like Nemesis, who was a g-virus parasite), so these will be las plagas zombies.

I dug the 28 days later style 'infected' of re4, but I missed my zombies :(

what the hell does that mean couldnt handle it? the developers are uust to damn lazy to make a great looking game for the wii. look at RE4.

I had the same feeling with Bioware's Dragon age..
what the hell I mean they announce it, and then hides it for years...
I hate it when developers do that.

GoldenAgeHero said:
what the hell does that mean couldnt handle it? the developers are uust to damn lazy to make a great looking game for the wii. look at RE4.
Wii lacks the hardware to port RE5 with. Wii will have a lot of great games, and had a really strong showing at E3, maybe even the strongest, but the console itself doesn't have the same graphic/processing/etc. capabilities as the PS3 or the 360, nintendo practically said it themselves.

I hope REWii is a completely different story than RE5. Maybe one of them could follow Leon after RE4 and the other could be something different.

Capt Throbberson said:
Wii probably couldn't handle RE5

Like Spidey-Bat said, the Wii can handle ITS OWN VERSION of Resident Evil 5. Tone down the graphics and set up the controls to suit the Wii, but keep the same story, level design etc. Just like they did for the Playstation 2 version of Resident Evil 4. That or they can just tone down the graphics and make us use the Gamecube controller.

I hope Resident Wiivil is it's own game and not a port....it wouldn't be anywhere near as good graphically, and wouldn't be capable of stuff the other consoles could do. But if it played to it's strengths, and made it's own exclusive RE (which would probably be more of a reason for the other owners to buy a wii) then that could work out well.

The graphics will be good. They won't be as impressive as 360 or PS3. Besides, how many of you buy a game because of great graphics?

i buy a game on rather its cool or not, the graphics needs to be good tho.

Spidey-Bat said:
The graphics will be good. They won't be as impressive as 360 or PS3. Besides, how many of you buy a game because of great graphics?

I just think Wii should play to it's strengths and create a whole new experience. It's so different to the other consoles, so why create basically a port?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"