Supergirl Why "Supergirl" Is The Show We Need In 2016 MTV Article

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
I love this article, it says everything that I have felt about this particular series since it started. Good to see that others get it as well. :)

23vjj1d.jpg

http://www.mtv.com/news/2688831/supergirl-is-the-show-we-need-2016/?xrs=_s.tw_news

Oftentimes we find ourselves paralyzed by fear: fear of the unknown; fear of what’s to come; fear of toxic masculinity; fear that one day someone we love will be taken away from us because of a senseless act.
But I don’t want to live in fear anymore. I’d rather live my life in the sunshine. I’d rather have hope.
We can’t protect people from unforeseeable tragedies — and we may not have the superpowers of Supergirl — but we can help spread our hope and compassion to our neighbors when they need it most. Like Kara, and Cat, and the rest of the show proves: let’s become our own superheroes.

If only Supergirl could take on Al-Qaeda or ISIS or any of this nation's corrupt politicians. I wonder if the entire Justice League could do that. I hope Supergirl can be used to tell the women who join these terror groups what they are doing is NOT empowerment. Empowerment is telling these 7th century savages and their Sharia law their kind is NOT WELCOME in the US. Besides it's UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

I think I saw that in the pilot w/the Vartox battle.

V: On my planet, women are subservient to men.
SG: This is NOT your planet.

That could also be taken to having a Sharia-law following Muslim say "In my country women are second class citizens" to which Supergirl could reply "This sure as hell IS NOT your country!" making Supergirl not only a true feminist but also a super patriot. But given that progressives run Hollywood with their PC mindset, they'll just tell me "dream on."

Look during WWII Superman and Wonder Woman were among the heroes in the battle in the minds of the comic writers against the Axis Powers. Some rightfully called it propaganda, but needed given the time that faced this nation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"