Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is dedicated to all the Bug Catchers I've loved.

Welcome Pokemaniacs, to the single greatest thread of all goddamn time. This is a place for people who walk around in video game weeds for thirty goddamn minutes just to find a Pikachu amongst Caterpie. A place where people know how many steps a Super Repel will keep wild Pokemon away. A place where we all whine about how we wish Magmar's evolution wouldn't suck so much gay ass. A place to wax poetic about Wobuffet, to make tampon jokes about Chimecho, to know the pain of finding Feebas, and to share suicide attempt stories after being in a cave for 5 minutes DAMN YOU ZUBATS. Here, my little master trainers, we will discuss with vigor which Eeveelution is the best, and perhaps post essays about how much we hate whichever Pokemon pokerubs us the pokewrong pokeway.

Also, you can't see it in this pic, but Snorlax is getting reamed by Mew. Snorlax usually doesn't play catcher, but when Mew eyes your fat ass you best RESPEKT.

snorlax.gif

Anyone try the Nuzlocke Challenge? I've been trying it in Fire Red with Charmander as my starter (the first time I've ever picked him)...has not gone well. I've failed like three times :o

Anyone try the Nuzlocke Challenge? I've been trying it in Fire Red with Charmander as my starter (the first time I've ever picked him)...has not gone well. I've failed like three times :o

I've never tried it, it's not my type of thing. I like thinking of a team to use before I play and use them as much as possible in my game.

Charmander is the "hard" difficulty starter since the first 2 gyms are Ground and Water.

When any of your Pokémon faint, you DO NOT heal them, you release them.

When you enter a cave, route, or area with wild Pokémon for the 1st time, you catch the very 1st wild Pokémon you encounter. If you fail to capture it (KO it, run out of balls, run away), you CANNOT attempt another capture in that area (ever).

If you lose a battle (black out/white out), you reset your game and start all over from a NEW GAME.

Soooo basically have NO fun playing the game....hmmm super

You're also required to nickname all your pokemon. And if you black/white out, I believe you only reset if you have no other pokemon in your PC.

I think it's pretty fun. It's a lot more challenging and makes you use pokemon you wouldn't normally use.

Nicknaming is only optional. Other optional rules include:

Never evolve your Pokémon
You can only use Pokéballs (no Ultras, Masters, Quicks)
One Pokéball per wild Pokémon battle
No held items

sounds kinda stupid to me, maybe if they let you have more than one game save on one of the games for once.... but meh.

also, lol i so remember when i first got pokemon blue back in the day, i named the character after myself and started nicknaming pokemon, well..... that didn't last long because not only did i get annoyed seeing my name in the game, but it took forever to find the pokemon i wanted to use in the box because i had no idea what i nicknamed them

I hated how you had to save whenever you switched PC box. That was so damn annoying.

I have never nicknamed. First off I thought it was lame, second off I didn't want to trade with somebody and stick them with a ****** name

How was it lame? It's like saying "Hey, your dog's name isn't 'Dog'? Lame."

eh, it'd make since if the show didn't go around having ash, misty, brock and crew, as well as all the gym leaders in the game all naming their pokemon after their species. But since they all do... and the fact there's like 600 pokemon now... nicknaming all your pokemon just seems unpractical

however, thank goodness they now have the images of the pokemon in the boxes so you don't have to worry about not being able to remember which pokemon is what name

For sure. I love the new box system compared to the first games

I just thought of a good nickname for the Dark/Dragon Pseudo-legendary: Hydread :cool:

I'm also going to name the eagle to the Japanese name, Wargle. Braviary is stupid.

wargle sounds like a noise somebody makes when riding a roller coaster

Braviary actually makes sense ... sounds like "BRAVE" and "AVIARY" ...

So does Wargle: War and Eagle.

I don't really have a preferance though. I'll probably just name it 'Merica.

Braviary makes sense, but Wargle is so much better and simpler.

so I watched the 1st episode to the Black and White series..... Why the Hell is Ash 10?

I thought in season 1 he was 12? And regardlesss of that in all the seasons there has been Ash hasn't aged at all :huh:

Been down that road, Lou. At least Giovanni is going to be doing something. I wonder if we'll see Mewtwo vs Genesect at any point in the anime.

Just watched an episode of BW. Is it me or does Ash seem dumber? Like season one dumb? I thought he outgrew throwing balls at Pokemon without fighting them first.

The series refuses to advance, the anime, anyway. Every 1st episode is the same now. He leaves his team behind, he encounters a Legendary, Pikachu has some problem (disobidient, gets lost, gets stolen, can't use its electricity), some new girl comes along.

The series has lacked originality since after the Orange series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"