WiiU - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario Kart, New Super Mario U and Zelda:Wind Waker all have a bundle.

Itagaki's the Devil's Third will now be a Wii U exclusive.

That, to me, was really the big megaton. I thought that game was dead, and now its back. Awesome! A lot of salt for Nintendo stealing this one, but I'm guessing it's probably in the same situation as Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo probably saved this one more than anything. I just can't wait. I'm not going to expect Ninja Gaiden level quality, but holy ****, this guy has really proven he's a master amongst pupils with his previous games. Hoping he's still got that touch.

So WiiU is good? My Wii broke a few years ago and I haven't bought another Nintendo system since. And I miss playing Nintendo games so wondering if I should invest in a WiiU and what are some good games for it if I decide to.

It's superb in my opinion. I like my ps4 for the triple a titles but I love my wii u because it makes me happy (plus it has more games coming soon that I think I'll love)

Mk8, Xenoblade and that new Zelda they just showed off makes a WiiU purchase justified.

Can't wait to get my hands on Zelda n Xenoblade

so I'm now interested in the Wii U cuz of Zelda.

but I had a question. I see that the storage for a Wii U is only 32gb. that seems very small compared to the 500gbs of the PS4 and X1, or even the 250gbs of the PS3/360.

why is that?

does that mean the Wii U game data isn't very large?

should I wait for them to release a console with more storage?

can you add more storage with memory cards or something?

They have an SD slot if you need more memory.

thanks. so I shouldn't worry too much about the 32gbs being too small?

you don't actually have to install the games like you do with the PS4/X1, right?

Oh, no, if you have the physical disc, you can just play off of that. You don't install it like the X1 and PS3/4.

With Bayonetta, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, and Smash Bros., it is going to be a good holiday season for the Wii U.

thanks. so I shouldn't worry too much about the 32gbs being too small?

Our Wii U has trouble running Netflix, Amazon Prime and Youtube.Those apps seem to run much better when you don't have alot of saves on the hard drive.

I'm hearing that Hyrule Warriors is very boring. :/

Its a Dynasty Warriors game.......

(btw, thats not to say I'm not gonna buy it and enjoy the hell out of it, but it is Dynasty Warriors which has a reputation for boredom)

I'm not a fan of Dynasty Warriors, so I'm not getting Hyrule Warriors. But if you like it, I'm sure it'll be fun. I know my friend is very excited about it.

I like the mindlessness of Dynasty Warriors and I love Zelda. Win-Win for me.

For a lot of people, it's boring, but I have friend who loves the franchise, and it's anything but boring to him. He buys all of those things and plays the **** out of them. I don't get it, but there's a very dedicated audience out there for it.

People like what they like. I know a ton of people who hate COD, and think that's boring, but I love playing those games. They're pretty much mindless fun, too.

Looks like Metroid Zero Mission is coming to the JP VC, so it'll probably be in NA/EU fairly soon. They've done a good job of keeping the GBA titles pretty in line with all regions thus far.

Metroid: Zero Mission Headed To Wii U Virtual Console In Japan. June 11, 2014 . 8:30am

Metroid: Zero Mission is headed to the Wii U Virtual Console in Japan next week, Nintendo have announced.

Metroid: Zero Mission is headed to the Wii U Virtual Console in Japan next week, Nintendo have announced. Here’s the full list of games Virtual Console releases for Wii U next week:

Ike Ike! Nekketsu Hockey Bu: Subette Koronde Dairantō (Famicom) – 514 yen
Antarctic Adventure (Famicom) – 514 yen
Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA) – 702 yen
Air Zonk (PC Engine) – 617 yen
Road Fighter (MSX) – 823 yen

All five games will be released on June 19th for the Wii U eShop in Japan.
source:siliconera

so, for a Wii U newbie, what would be some of the better games to start with?

also, has there been any talk of releasing a 64gb or higher version in the future?

and, can I play Wii games ( like Skyward Sword, Metroid, and that Capcom fighting game ) on the Wii U?

Last edited:
so, for a Wii U newbie, what would be some of the better games to start with?

also, has there been any talk of releasing a 64gb or higher version in the future?

and, can I play Wii games ( like Skyward Sword, Metroid, and that Capcom fighting game ) on the Wii U?

If you're just buying a Wii U, BUY MARIO KART 8!!! It's an amazing game and if you register it on the Club Nintendo website, you get one of 4 Wii U games free. That's an amazing deal.

There's no news of a bigger hard drive Wii U, but they let you plug any external drive into it to store things, so the hard drive really isn't a big deal.

You can play all Wii games on the Wii U, including any Virtual Console stuff you may have purchased. There's a Wii menu within the Wii U that basically emulates the Wii. You can't do any Gamecube stuff, but it's completely backwards compatible with the Wii.

^^ thanks!!

and all the games you purchase/download from the Virtual Console, you get to keep them, right? It's just like downloading stuff from the PSN store, right?

Last edited:
Yeah, you own them. You get points for every dollar you spend on the Wii U eShop. Once you get 500 points, you get a $5 voucher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"