WikiLeaks: Discussion Thread

Assange came off like a lying fool on Meet the Press today.

Report: Wikileaks' Syria Docs Exclude Email On $2B Transfer To Russian Bank

Wikileaks in 2012 published emails from Syrian government officials obtained by hackers, but the website did not include an email noting that the Syrian regime transferred more than $2 billion to a state-owned Russian bank, according to a Daily Dot report published on Friday.

Wikileaks denied that it purposefully excluded the record from the trove of emails it published, and the transparency group threatened retribution against reporters at the Daily Dot if they continued to report on the document.

The Daily Dot obtained U.S. court records from an unnamed source about hackers' success in breaking into the Syrian government's networks and obtaining emails about bank transactions. And "most of the emails found their way into a WikiLeaks database," according to The Daily Dot. But the outlet reported that some documents about bank transfers never made it to Wikileaks' website:
But one set of emails in particular didn’t make it into the cache of documents published by WikiLeaks in July 2012 as “The Syria Files,” despite the fact that the hackers themselves were ecstatic at their discovery. The correspondence, which WikiLeaks has denied withholding, describes “more than” €2 billion ($2.4 billion, at current exchange rates) moving from the Central Bank of Syria to Russia’s VTB Bank.​
When asked for a comment on the email about the bank transfer, Wikileaks denied that it excluded the email:
In response to a request for comment, WikiLeaks said the preceding account “is speculation and it is false.” The spokesperson continued: “The release includes many emails referencing Syrian-Russian relations. As a matter of long standing policy we do not comment on claimed sources. It is disappointing to see Daily Dot pushing the Hillary Clinton campaign’s neo-McCarthyist conspiracy theories about critical media.” (WikiLeaks threatened to retaliate against the reporters if they pursued the story: “Go right ahead,” they said, “but you can be sure we will return the favour one day.”)​

Dear Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin, I Am Not Sidney Blumenthal

About how the recent wikileaks dump has e-mails that are supposed to be from Blumenthal... except that the content is from a year old newsweek story. How as soon as the dump happened a government controlled Russian news site immediately zeroed in on the e-mail (they were the only ones to report on it) it was quickly deleted, yet Trump was within the day waving it around at a rally.

Last edited:
I don't know how you can say that. Where is the list of Trumps wrong doings in the name of public service? It's easy to pick out things a business man has done but comparing Donald Trump to a lifelong politician/lawyer/human rights activist simply doesn't compute. There should be no comparison at all. Yet here we are, with proof that she wants to keep her supporters in the dark about her dealings. The Clinton's have essentially stolen the "gate" term from Nixon.

1. Turning the IRS into their personal lynch mob.
2. Cover ups concerning Bill Clinton's affairs
3. Looting the White House when they left
4. Filegate
5. Travelgate
6. White Water
7. Muslim Brotherhood ties to Deputy Chief of Staff
8. Vince Foster
9. Emailgate
10. Chinagate
11. Pardongate
12. Deleting of her Rose Law Firm billing records
13. Cattlegate
14. Saul Alinsky
15. KKK pale Byrd
16. Iranian Fundrasing
17. Clinton Foundation in general
18. Peter Franklin Paul
19. Watergate
20. Norman Yung Yuen Hsu
21. Sydney Blumenthal
22. DNCgate

I mean that's just off the top of my head. The list is seemingly endless. Trump's words have offended many. Why haven't Hillary's actions offended more? Don't actions speak louder than words? Trump is a strong man politician that's benefiting from the country's dissatisfaction of establishment politics. Hillary Clinton is the epitome of establishment politics. Look how her party was all in for her. She is the train.

The GOP really shat the bed with Trump but they are just as messed up and Trump is their atonement. What is the Democrats atonement for their very public and serious mistakes? Why do they get a free pass when the GOP does not?

Why continue to believe in the politicians that have been proven to lie to you and have been shown to want you in the dark and ignorant? The wheel is broken and we are letting the establishment use media to steer us into the cattle pins. This is why the Bernie supporters are so outraged.

The candidate that was outspoken about our nation's biggest issue, campaign finance reform, was beaten by crooked and possibly illegal campaign finance. And most of the population eats it up because they've been told that the crap this side does isn't as bad as what the other side WILL do. Again, actions speak louder than words.

This is why people are so desensitized to political witchhunts. You guys cry wolf every time you have a different opinion. My god if Hillary sneezed you guys woukd be trying to dig up some ordinance to say it was illegal for her to sneeze at that moment. And then 90 percent of republicans would believe she had committed a crime, and only Bernie or Bust would agree with you.

This makes it really difficult for the American people to differentiate between actual wrong doing and political witchhunts.

That's a great point. They've literally become the "Party That Cried Wolf."

Of the 22 items listed above, the Clintons were either wrongly accused, never charged, or found to have no wrong doing in at least 14 of them.

They lost me at Saul Alinksy. lol

It's almost comical how the Republican party has turned a guy who has been dead for like 45 years into a left wing boogieman. I once looked up what was so bad about the guy then I figured it out, he tried to help organize poor black people to demand more rights. That makes perfect sense why Republicans can't stand him and view him as a menace to society

Cutting off his internet connection is proper garbage, whoever's side you are on.

I wonder if wikileaks is holding back any really big news for the last week or so. So far all the emails I seen are basically telling me Clinton's campaign acts how I would expect any campaign team to act and expect for the Republican base nothing really to get upset about

Anonymous says that they are. They said that they're releasing the nicer stuff first and will progressively release more damaging things closer to election.

Today they released 7 of Obama's emails in a 1st group of emails. I didn't see anything of worth in them but get the feeling that they're pointing him out for something else to come soon.

I'm loving this stuff.

I find it disappointing that "Wikileaks" seems to have taken sides in this U S election. I had thought that they were neutral in the past, maybe i was just naive.

Everyone takes a side. Unbiased doesn't exist anymore in the media and press. Everyone has an agenda and it usually involves money and power.

Wikileaks seems to simply want to root out corruption in governments wherever it can find it. There's plenty to be found in the DNC thus far, so that's been revealed. And they made their name in America by going after the Bushes regarding the Iraq wars.

They've mentioned that they've tried to find things on Trump but couldn't find anything worse than what comes out of his mouth on a regular basis. They've also stated that the RNC protects their computers better than the DNC (for what that's worth).

I'm not saying they are or aren't biased, but they've uncovered things from both Republican camps and Democratic camps. Just not at the same time.

I wonder if wikileaks is holding back any really big news for the last week or so. So far all the emails I seen are basically telling me Clinton's campaign acts how I would expect any campaign team to act and expect for the Republican base nothing really to get upset about

The bigger story to me is the Clinton Foundation stuff (which has been authenticated by NBC of all outlets) with that clown Brand who basically ran it as a hedge fund for Bill. This e-mail crap seems to be more of a cover story.

I used to align with Assange and fell for it when he denounced Daniel Berg. Years later, seeing I was really wrong. Daniel Berg was telling the truth about Assange.

Can we not send Seal Team Six after that *****enozzle? He has the boundaries of a clingy three year old.

Funny how much the Democrats loved Assange when he leaked stuff that was negative for G.W. Bush...

Funny how much the Democrats loved Assange when he leaked stuff that was negative for G.W. Bush...

I believed Assange in the past (immediately prior to the Russian hack), but his recent antics are all too similar to what Daniel Berg was saying about him for comfort. Assange's employees have spoken out about him for years, then when caught Assange unleases a smear campaign against those who leak information about him. The fact is anyone could have given information to him, he cares more about being at the center of conversations than the information itself.

Last edited:
It's not Wikileaks fault that the DNC deliberately tried to undermine Bernie Sanders to help Hilary Clinton get elected. It's not Wikileaks fault that Donna Brazile leaked debate questions to Hilary's camp.

People who are ticked off about Trump getting elected want a scapegoat. They want someone to blame.

Not long ago, Benedict Cumberbatch, definitely not a conservative, labeled Julian Assange as a hero.

"Is he a hero? In many ways," Cumberbatch said, parroting Rolling Stone's question. "I think that's part of what I admire. He turned an idea into a reality – one that's still affecting our lives and the way we view mainstream media. What he's shaken up is fascinating. It's an ongoing debate – we'll see how it pans out – but I'm full of admiration of him."

I wouldn't say he's a hero or a villain just fallible. That's with stating like he knows for a fact the information didn't come from someone with Putin motives. Most likely he has no idea who it came from and if he does what their motives were. I see it as they used him. I originally saw the film 'The Fourth Estate' as slander, as Assange presented it as being, now I see it as the gray area truth give or take.

That it's not Assange or Berg, but somewhere inbetween.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"