• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Doctor Strange lead into a Nightstalkers Film?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
I for one think it would be really, really cool if Phase 4 brought together a team of the Supernatural that would not only be a blend of Doctor Strange, Thor, Ghost Rider and Blade but would also borrow Scarlet Witch from The Avengers and introduce Union Jack, Hannibal King, Hercules and Spitfire.

As far as villains go, Doctor Sun and Mephisto would be enough of a threat for these heroes to come together as one team. That and Union Jack as a human but also vampire hunter on a team where he's the only member without superpowers but still manages to come across as awesome might resonate with the audience.

I'd love to see a Nightstalkers or Midnight Sons film. Probably a long, long way away, if ever, but it'd still be great to see some Marvel horror onscreen.

I think its possible, though I wouldn't bet on any specific followup in particular. Dr Strange will open the way for more "supernatural world" stories, but there are a lot of angles they could go.

A successful Doctor Strange will first and foremost, result in a Doctor Strange 2.

Would love to see a Midnight Sons film with Doctor Strange, Blade, Ghost Rider, Werewolf By Night, Morbius, Elsa Bloodstone, Jennifer Kale and Damien Hellstorm

Would love to see a Midnight Sons film with Doctor Strange, Blade, Ghost Rider, Werewolf By Night, Morbius, Elsa Bloodstone, Jennifer Kale and Damien Hellstorm
isn't morbius a spiderman character? wont his rights be tied up at sony

isn't morbius a spiderman character? wont his rights be tied up at sony

Possibly. Back in the day there were plans to use him as a villain in Blade 2. Most recently Dr Morbius name was listed on a computer in Amazing Spider-Man 2.

The great thing about Dr.Strange is that it can open up a number of avenues.
Magical, Mystical, Horror or Supernatural.

Be kinda cool if a Dr.S trilogy explored all the angles.

I'm hoping Man-Thing gets in the mix at some point....obviously.

I hope that more magic/horror characters can be explored eventually. Even if it's not billed as a Nightstalkers film, but just have strategic guest stars like Scarlett Johannsen in Captain America 2.

I just hope for a Defenders movie someday

Extremely unlikely:

1. Marvel doesn't have the rights for half the core members

2. Hulk is already tied strongly to a different team, which would make his presence in Defenders bizarre and redundant

3. The name has been yanked for a completely unrelated team concept

Extremely unlikely:

1. Marvel doesn't have the rights for half the core members

2. Hulk is already tied strongly to a different team, which would make his presence in Defenders bizarre and redundant

3. The name has been yanked for a completely unrelated team concept

4. Marvel took some of the Defenders anti-team dynamic and Applied it to the film version of the Avengers. The Defenders would literally just be less popular Avengers.

Well the Defenders will now be Daredevil, Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones... Go figure.
As for the topic at hand, I'd love to see an adaptation of Nightstalkers and the Midnight Sons, obviously they'd have to twist a few things but it would make for a really unique movie, and Feige seems intent on branching out.

Doctor Strange is a perfect platform to reintroduce Ghost Rider which obviously was hurt by the horrible movies he was in, properly executed it might display him as something actual cool and open the door for a stand-alone movie.

Morbius might be off limits but they could just pull from the creepy underbelly of Marvel, even can pull obscure heroes like Moon Knight to the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"