Will Hulk 2 be a Gamma Bomb?

N

Never 2 Graphic

I just read that the Abomination is going to be in the second Hulk movie. I thought the first movie absolutely sucked! However, the Abomination is my favorite Hulk villain so I am hoping that the sequel is leaps and bounds beyond the first movie. Is it going to be the same director and/or writer?

I don't think Ang Lee will be attached to it. I remain hopeful although I'm one of the few who enjoyed the first one.

Chris Wallace said:
I don't think Ang Lee will be attached to it. I remain hopeful although I'm one of the few who enjoyed the first one.

I loved it....

cookiva said:
I loved it....

"Ang Lee's The Hulk is unique. And because it is unique the world cannot tolerate it's existance..."

Great fun. Actually Deep in parts... oh, and the Hulk beat people's tail...

I'm one of the few here that seems to love this film :(

I'm not saying everyone should share my opinion. If you liked the first movie, Good for you! You spent the money to see it and was entertained. My money on the other hand would have been better spent elsewhere. The only thing I am going to say about the first film that I didn't like was:

1. It took forever to build up any story.
2. And then they had the Hulk fighting mutant dogs.

The Hulk has a long rich history of villains, and for the type of CG that the budget obviously allowed, mutant dogs wouldn't have even been on the list.

As far as Ang Lee's vision being unique and the world not being able to accept it, I agree with that to a point. True his vision was unique and true the world seems to fall for a lot of cookie cutter movie scripts. I myself enjoy the offbeat cult classics mostly and even a few obscure films that even cultists would be afraid to follow.

Isn't this one going direct to dvd? I've heard rumors about that happening because of the first ones income.

Sava said:
And it shows.
I thought it was great. I can see how those craving action might find this one a little boring but I was very pleased. It's funny how you get all these complaints about run-of-the-mill comic movies & when somebody tries to do soemthing different, we suddenly seem to want more of the same.

I'm a little nervous about Hulk 2. Not because I don't like the Abomination or because I don't like movies with a lot of action in them, but because they don't currently have any money to pay for it. The first one was very expensive, and this one's probably going to have to be made for much less money. Which means that the CGI will probably be worse than it was in the first film and which also means that they're probably going to use a guy in a suit at some parts, and that could end up looking really goofy. And if the Hulk looks cheesy then that could end up tanking the whole movie.

I didnt care for the first hulk but I'll give the sequel a chance.

KevanG said:
Isn't this one going direct to dvd? I've heard rumors about that happening because of the first ones income.

No, it is being released but instead of Universal Studios producing it, they are simply distributing it. The film will be made by Marvel.

slipknotrocks said:
I didnt care for the first hulk but I'll give the sequel a chance.

Ditto. If it doesn't come out directly to DVD, I will wait for the DVD and have a look at it.

Sava said:

No you aren't. I think if a poll was taken, a majority would say that overall...they liked it. Many people can tick off what they think were the flaws but they will tell you that bottom line, they enjoyed the film...or at least that it was worth seeing.

Now as far as the general public goes it may be a different story. These boards are filled with comic book film fans, which makes it a skewed sample.

If it's direct to dvd, it'll most probably be an abomination
Hyuck Hyuck.

But if it's released theatrically it has a chance.

Honestly, I liked the movie. I found the first part where they did the char. development was a tad boring but it's still not that bad. Once they got to the "Hulk Smash" portion of the movie, all was well. I'm just sad he never said HULK SMASH!!! :( Oh well, but I still have a question. I know a bit about the comics and his dad was just a wacko not absorbing man powered wacko. Did they mess with this or did I miss something?

The only part of the first one I enjoyed was all the destruction. The story was lame. Hopefully with Marvel having all the rights to the Hulk now the 2nd one will be much much better.

I heard that Arad doesn't want CGI. It wasn't so much that Hulk looked fake in the first movie, it was more on how he moved and how he looked. I think his face could be a lot more threatning looking. It was too human looking.

I really don't want a make-up Hulk because it would be a weird change,from the first to the second, in dealing with the effects on the same character. Keep it consistent.

Octoberist said:
I really don't want a make-up Hulk because it would be a weird change,from the first to the second, in dealing with the effects on the same character. Keep it consistent.

Exactly. Not only do I think the CGI looks better but changing it now would just be weird.

I`m so tired about these threads with opinions like: "The Hulk was a bad movie", or " Hulk movie sucked" , I don`t understand why this movie is attacked for people, and their reasons for the bashing are:

"The Hulk movie sucked, because this movie was about drama and no action sequences, this movie was supposed to be a summer blockbuster with an army chasing a big, giant green monster, with a total destruction in a big city, with great explosions and realistic CGI".

So if the people who hates the Hulk movie and loves blockbusters movies with great explosions, with no drama and with no story, about a green monster, destroying a big city with no reason, and facing a big army of soldiers, then the perfect Hulk movie could be similar to:

Godzilla 98 movie!!!!!

"No, the Hulk movie sucked, because Hulk has realistic emotions like a human, Hulk has a big love interest called Betty, that`s his big love, and Hulk should be fighting against big monsters, and no stupid dogs, and protecting his big love from danger, with a realistic story, with romance and passion, with a great FX also very realistic, with an adaptation to his real origin, like the monster that he is, with a great director, with knowledge about an epic movie, The Hulk sucked because he don`t have nothing about this".

Oh yeah, Hulk created with a great and realistic CGI with a story about romance and passion, with a big love interest, fighting against big monsters and no stupid dogs, with a real adaptation to his origin, and with a director with knowledge in epic movies, yeah then the perfect Hulk movie could be similar to:

King Kong movie!!!!!

The only "problem" with Hulk Movie is because Hulk is not a hero, he`s a monster, he`s not a hero like Spidey, Blade, Daredevil, and that`s the reason why this movie is not so popular like Spidey`s, Blade`s or DD`s, but anyway The Hulk movie is a great movie because Director Ang Lee had a big interest in the real problems of Doctor Banner, and his struggle to take down the monster inside in him, and I think that`s why this movie was a great film.

HighVoltage said:
"The Hulk movie sucked, because this movie was about drama and no action sequences, this movie was supposed to be a summer blockbuster with an army chasing a big, giant green monster, with a total destruction in a big city, with great explosions and realistic CGI".

So if the people who hates the Hulk movie and loves blockbusters movies with great explosions, with no drama and with no story, about a green monster, destroying a big city with no reason, and facing a big army of soldiers, then the perfect Hulk movie could be similar to:

Godzilla 98 movie!!!!!

haha, good point. You don't hear many people say "that movie needs to be more like Godzilla!"

only thing i disliked about first one was absorbing dad......nuff sed oooo and the poodles...

I thought the first film was pretty good - the problem with this second film is overcoming the disappointment the general audience had about this film, and it will take positive word of mouth to help this second film along..........

Godzilla 98 movie!!!!!

haha! I also agree!!:up:

I really hate these "hulk sucks" threads! Hulk was one of, if not the best Marvel movie in terms of drama. While it could've had a little more action, I left the theatre very satisfied.

besides how the hell could people not enjoy the Hulk vs the tanks/chopper sequence:up: :)

oh and to answer the original question Will Hulk 2 be a Gamma Bomb?

well Zak Penn is writing it, plus from what Avi Arad said the other day the other day NO, its not going to Gamma Bomb, infact it'll give the Batman sequal a run for its money or possibly beat it come 2008:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"