Will Sony Pictures Be Around After 2020?

NHawk19

insert witty comment
Reaction score
So Sony has had a declining market share since 2012, and to say their franchise ideas have been well received by fans at this point would be an overstatement.

Based on their current slate of films and propositions what do you think the chances are they will still be releasing films in 3 years?

This studio is being run by Tom Rothman and has plans for an expanded Spider-Man universe that doesn't involve Spider-Man.

I have my doubts about their viability.

This studio is being run by Tom Rothman and has plans for an expanded Spider-Man universe that doesn't involve Spider-Man.

I have my doubts about their viability.

The movies Sony expects to save them will be the cause of their destruction. Sony simply does not understand that no one wants a MARVEL movie from Sony anymore. So I hope Sony moves forward with the simple fact that these movies will be the end of Sony Pictures

Ironic in a way but thats Sony for you

Well the Billion Dollar write-down from last year will surely impact future endeavors.

http://variety.com/2017/biz/asia/sony-warns-of-huge-goodwill-loss-1201973089/

But what impact will Homecoming have in the coming year. Based on the deadline article these films on the high end make 200 million at the end of the day. That means they'd need 5 of them just to cover what they lost last year.

Their moves throughout this decade have all been pretty much horrible, but I think it will take longer for them to completely ruin themselves.

I voted for the last option. They had their time. Now just focus on videogames, record labels and the tech department.

Hopefully not.

giphy.gif

I hope they do. I don't want everything to be Disney.

It's not only about CBMs. Sony make other movies too.

There are other studios then Disney and WB. Studios die, others rise. It is the way of the business.

'The major 6' as they're called have been around since the 10s and 20s. I don't see Sony going anywhere like it or not

'The major 6' as they're called have been around since the 10s and 20s. I don't see Sony going anywhere like it or not

They are actually called as the big six. They used to the big eight with MGM, RKO and United Artists.

Anyway, a major film studio dying is nothing new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"