• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Will The new Hulk movie be a failure???

They just hired the wrong guy, period. The minute he said the words "boring, dull, plodding, tedious psychological drama with surreal overtones of the Oedipus complex", somebody should have just shot him.

completely disagree

Comic book movies have to be exciting on some level, and on some level they also have to appeal to kids. Who the hell thought it was a great idea to make a turgid adult drama and label it as a comic book movie?

Yes, but many fans like myself went to see it again to see if we enjoyed it more 2nd time, and we didnt.

Plus, i bought the DVD myself, despite hating, because i wanted to complete the trilogy, i'm betting many others did the same.

Plus, even if you didnt like TF, the majority of fans did.
No way on TF....many fans just went to see it again to see if they would enjoy it more the 2nd time. ;) That always happens with bad movies.

Comic book movies have to be exciting on some level, and on some level they also have to appeal to kids. Who the hell thought it was a great idea to make a turgid adult drama and label it as a comic book movie?

yeah, i agree but i still liked what Ang did. Ang's idea was spot on perfect for Hulk IMO, its just the way he did it that screwed it all up. Hulk is not Spidey, his motives and his backstory are way more mature than Spidey's. A Hulk movie has to be an adult drama IMO, its just a matter of how you pace that drama with the action.

yeah, i agree but i still liked what Ang did. Ang's idea was spot on perfect for Hulk IMO, its just the way he did it that screwed it all up. Hulk is not Spidey, his motives and his backstory are way more mature than Spidey's. A Hulk movie has to be an adult drama IMO, its just a matter of how you pace that drama with the action.

I didn't say the Hulk shouldn't be an adult drama, it just shouldn't be a turgid adult drama. Certainly it should be handled a lot differently than Spidey, but it also should appeal to the kids, and the way you do that is by firing the guy who said "let's do 3 of the 4 Hulk scenes in this movie in pitch black darkness, and when we are showing him in daylight, let's just have him battle boring tanks in the boring desert instead of bringing him into a populated area and have him fight a supervillain, cos after all, who wants excitement in a comic book movie?" Like you said, balance the drama with action.

I didn't say the Hulk shouldn't be an adult drama, it just shouldn't be a turgid adult drama. Certainly it should be handled a lot differently than Spidey, but it also should appeal to the kids, and the way you do that is by firing the guy who said "let's do 3 of the 4 Hulk scenes in this movie in pitch black darkness, and when we are showing him in daylight, let's just have him battle boring tanks in the boring desert instead of bringing him into a populated area and have him fight a supervillain, cos after all, who wants excitement in a comic book movie?" Like you said, balance the drama with action.
umm... the desert sequence was awesome and why the hell would Hulk go to the city when all he wants is to be away from people?...Its also budget related too, the cgi was alot of money and having him fighting in the city would cost crazy amounts of money, also, Hulk fighting Tanks in the deserts is a must in ANY hulk movie, no desert action with tanks will be like no Webslinging in a spidey movie IMO. The action wasnt boring, hell, its one of marvel's best action sequences. I really dont get people b**ching about the darkness, i saw the movie twice in cinemas and i got everything that happened, the dog fight is amazing, to this day. The last fight, as a final fight, wasnt that good but its not like you couldnt see anything, you could see it very well. :huh:

umm... the desert sequence was awesome and why the hell would Hulk go to the city when all he wants is to be away from people?...Its also budget related too, the cgi was alot of money and having him fighting in the city would cost crazy amounts of money, also, Hulk fighting Tanks in the deserts is a must in ANY hulk movie, no desert action with tanks will be like no Webslinging in a spidey movie IMO. The action wasnt boring, hell, its one of marvel's best action sequences. I really dont get people b**ching about the darkness, i saw the movie twice in cinemas and i got everything that happened, the dog fight is amazing, to this day. The last fight, as a final fight, wasnt that good but its not like you couldnt see anything, you could see it very well. :huh:

I never said he'd deliberately go to the city. OK, have Hulk fighting just tanks in the desert if you must, but more people around means more danger, especially if the Hulk's fighting a supervillain who wouldn't think twice about innocent people. And as for seeing what the **** was going on in the darkness, I guess you must have 20/10 vision.

I never said he'd deliberately go to the city. OK, have Hulk fighting just tanks in the desert if you must, but more people around means more danger, especially if the Hulk's fighting a supervillain who wouldn't think twice about innocent people.
its an origin movie, Hulk doesnt really have great villians, i guess they wanted to save them for later movies, you still got your supervillain, in the end. Hulk wasnt fighting a supervillain and the army made it very clear that they wanted him away from the public, i dont really see why he or they would fight in the middle of a city, yeah it would look good but there was no reason for them to in the movie.

And as for seeing what the **** was going on in the darkness, I guess you must have 20/10 vision.
nah, it just means you need glasses :up: :cwink:

And as for seeing what the **** was going on in the darkness, I guess you must have 20/10 vision.

Or you have vision problems. I didn't even like the film and everything was crystal clear to me. There wasn't one point where I ever thought "Boy this is horrendously dark, I can't see what's going on.." But hey, I have glasses correcting my vision.

its an origin movie, Hulk doesnt really have great villians, i guess they wanted to save them for later movies, you still got your supervillain, in the end. Hulk wasnt fighting a supervillain and the army made it very clear that they wanted him away from the public, i dont really see why he or they would fight in the middle of a city, yeah it would look good but there was no reason for them to in the movie.

Well he wouldn't have fought with tanks in the city. Tanks in the desert, villain in the city. And the demented father as the supervillain crossed with Absorbing Man crossed with Zzaxx never appealed to me.

Well he wouldn't have fought with tanks in the city. Tanks in the desert, villain in the city. And the demented father as the supervillain crossed with Absorbing Man crossed with Zzaxx never appealed to me.
me neither but they couldnt use Leader or Abomb and give them enough time to develop their stories, not Ang's way anyway.

No way on TF....many fans just went to see it again to see if they would enjoy it more the 2nd time. ;) That always happens with bad movies.

Do me a favour then, go to the TF boards and see how many fans were happy with the movie.

Plus, for TF to make the profit it did, fans would have to be going to see it at least 3 times :cwink: .

I haven't seen the movie yet and thus have no clue whether it'll be a failure or not. With Zak Penn writing my hopes are somewhat dashed, but with Norton pitching in (even though he seems to have some morbid fascination with Bruce Jones) it might be great. It's way too early to judge how this film is going to turn out when all we have are a couple of scraps about a homage to Ultimate Destruction and the TV show.

I still can't see how the Ang movie was considered boring when the Tv Show had much less going on? The Hulk showed up twice, threw something (or someone), flexed, and jogged off camera. Outside of a handful of episodes, that was the formula. The rest of the 45 min., Bill Bixby carried the show with great acting, so I think its safe to assume the kids of today are just more prone to short attention spans. When I hear all this talk about making it more like the show, I always wondered outside of having him on the run, what exactly would the difference be? In terms of action, the show had none, and Bruce Jones run on the comic book (while interesting) would go for plenty of issues without one sight of the Hulk. If these are the influences, how are they going to help ratchet up the action?

Which is another reason why he was always gonna be the wrong guy for the job.
not really, they should have kept him on a tight leash, they gave him too much freedom. A watered down Ang lee is still better than most comicbook directors IMO.

I still can't see how the Ang movie was considered boring when the Tv Show had much less going on? The Hulk showed up twice, threw something (or someone), flexed, and jogged off camera. Outside of a handful of episodes, that was the formula. The rest of the 45 min., Bill Bixby carried the show with great acting, so I think its safe to assume the kids of today are just more prone to short attention spans. When I hear all this talk about making it more like the show, I always wondered outside of having him on the run, what exactly would the difference be? In terms of action, the show had none, and Bruce Jones run on the comic book (while interesting) would go for plenty of issues without one sight of the Hulk. If these are the influences, how are they going to help ratchet up the action?

Agreed with all of this. What makes me laugh is the first movie had over an hour of action in a 2hr 12 min movie, so i dont see how they are going to have more action in this one without making it an action fest.

Do me a favour then, go to the TF boards and see how many fans were happy with the movie.

Plus, for TF to make the profit it did, fans would have to be going to see it at least 3 times :cwink: .
So they REALLY weren't sure they liked it! (I'm just using your X3 logic here. :) )

^But X3 was the third in a previously great franchise, so of course people wanted to watch the 3rd and like it, me included.

But the difference between X3 and TF is, TF satisfied 85-90% of fans seemingly. X3 was more 50-50.

Agreed with all of this. What makes me laugh is the first movie had over an hour of action in a 2hr 12 min movie, so i dont see how they are going to have more action in this one without making it an action fest.
The movie was a vast improvment over the TV show. The action wasn't the problem at all. I agree there was plenty of action and it was done very well.

The problem was that every time the Hulk wasn't doing something, it got incredibly tedious and boring. The poor guy couldn't even open his mouth and say something. So his only use was to smash stuff. And good lord was it bad when Banner was onscreen.

Iam pretty sure the movie will be fine.

The movie was a vast improvment over the TV show. The action wasn't the problem at all. I agree there was plenty of action and it was done very well.

The problem was that every time the Hulk wasn't doing something, it got incredibly tedious and boring. The poor guy couldn't even open his mouth and say something. So his only use was to smash stuff. And good lord was it bad when Banner was onscreen.

IMO the Hulks facial expression were enough to tell what he was feeling, through i knew what he was feeling throughout the movie.

And i enjoyed Bana's performance, and still do, different strokes for different folks i guess.

Bana did a great job...but I think Norton will do even better and is better fit for the role.

^There we agree AD.

BUT, i hope they dont give Norton total power over the character like Nic Cage had for GR, i loved Cage's performance, but some of the things he added just didnt fit and effected the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"