Well...it seems there isn't really gonna be a TIH2.

A Necessary Evil

One. Bad. Day.
Reaction score
Least for a while, I suppose.

In an interview with TotalFilm, Mark Ruffalo revealed that while there are plans for more "The Avengers" installments, there have not been any talks of another "The Incredible Hulk" film.

"There will probably be a couple more 'Avengers' movies, which would be fun to do," he said. "I don't know if they will ever do another 'Hulk.' How old is The Hulk meant to be? Six years from now I will be in my 50s."

About a year ago, "The Incredible Hulk" director Louis Leterrier said that if the Hulk appears in "The Avengers," that would ruin the future of the "Hulk" franchise. "In the world where Avengers exist, the 'Hulk' sequel wouldn't make sense," he said. "Because if Hulk wreaks havoc, the Avengers would come and stop Hulk."

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=21042
:dry::dry::dry: Marvel.

This isn't exactly news. Hulk basically failed twice in his solo efforts despite what Marvel said. Both movies were too far on either end of the spectrum.

TIH was good but still flawed. They could've done better.

Point taken. But punisher has also failed twice. Yet I guarantee there will be a new one. Yes, I am aware that the punisher wasn't made by marvel.

This was inevitable, and kind of obvious, when Marvel announced that they were bringing Hulk back to TV.

Wasn't sure if you wanted to count the dolph version, so I didn't.

What a bummer. Hopefully the show will introduce the leader like the movie set up for.

After seeing the Wonder Woman costume I wonder if maybe superheroes aren't really a great thing for television especially something like Hulk. I know it's been done before but that was a long time ago and people would kind of expect a Hollywood blockbuster every episode these days.

Then again, if GDT thinks he can do it, more power to him. I do really want to see She Hulk and The Leader after all.

Leterrier does have a good point about a Hulk film after The Avengers not making sense, but I would LOVE to see a sequel for TIH in the near future.

The Leader would make a great main villain for the sequel, especially since he's a whole different type of villain than Abomination (although I wouldn't mind him return either).

Leterrier has limited imagination. Hulk and the Avengers and 100's of other superheroes have existed in the same universe for, what? Over 40 years now?

Will the Avengers have nothing better to do than shadow the Hulk? They've got other things to deal with.

TIH2 is much better than TIH the TV series. To make one movie, you only need one good story and one large budget to compensate the CG. To make series, you need week after week of good stories and pray the CG won't broke the pinched budget.

Leterrier is wrong (and his Clash of the Titans is so wrong). The Avengers could be busy somewhere else when Hulk is minding his own business. Not like Hulk is a regular, mainstay member of the Avengers

I hope Marvel could convince Guillermo to make one big movie instead. But for that to happen Ruffalo has to win the audiences in the Avengers.

Leterrier is wrong. You could make that same argument for ANY Avengers solo film post Avengers, but clearly they'll happen. I would agree the Avengers not being there would need a blip explanation, but that's it.

I'll admit, there have been times I've been reading an FF and there has been some world-threatening event going on and I've thought: "Well where are the Avengers as all this is going on?"

. . . but when you're talking about an audience that is willing to accept the idea of Norse Gods come to earth and super-strong gamma irradiated beasts, I think that small suspension of disbelief isn't too much to ask.

Just say they were off fighting Hydra or something elsewhere and were busy. Hence their absence. Easy enough.

I suppose, by this logic, there can only be one Thor / Cap movie too.

Leterrier is wrong. You could make that same argument for ANY Avengers solo film post Avengers, but clearly they'll happen. I would agree the Avengers not being there would need a blip explanation, but that's it.

True, but he still has a good point even though you can make the argument with any other solo Avengers film. I agree with you though, all it would need is a decent explanation as to where the Avengers aren't there and it would be fine.

I suppose, by this logic, there can only be one Thor / Cap movie too.

No, the same logic cannot be applied to Thor and Cap because he clearly said "Hulk wreaks havok" which makes his statement apply to Hulk specifically.

Last edited:
No more movies does kind of suck but I am hoping for the best with the TV Series. Maybe the Hulk's true calling is for prime time TV.

Unfortunatelly the hulk tv series won't be set in the cinematic universe wich is bulls**********, and if the other members will have their oun sequels then they're only the avenger when the ocasion specifies thei're needed, after the avengers movie they can go their oun way and fight their oun fights to later return in an avengers 2. Simple.

Hulk basically failed twice to get a movie franchise off the ground. Doing yet another movie would be another big financial investment no less than $150 million. So its better to just incorporate him into AVENGERS for now instead of continuing solo-Hulk movies. Hulk has not performed well enough to justify a continuing movie franchise yet.

Hulk basically failed twice to get a movie franchise off the ground. Doing yet another movie would be another big financial investment no less than $150 million. So its better to just incorporate him into AVENGERS for now instead of continuing solo-Hulk movies. Hulk has not performed well enough to justify a continuing movie franchise yet.

True, true

You don't really need any big or obvious explanation within the movie as long as the solo hero's foe isn't a global threat, since these things can take place simultaneously. Maybe a small background reference to keep a timeframe like the Hulk news footage in IM2 to keep a hold on these things.

That's a pretty good idea Happy, I'd certainly be comfortable with that.

That's a pretty good idea Happy, I'd certainly be comfortable with that.

Perhaps if he is a fan-favorite in The Avengers he'll get a second chance. Whens the Tv series suppose to air anyways? I'm assuming they won't have it ready until after The Avengers film is released.

Perhaps if he is a fan-favorite in The Avengers he'll get a second chance. Whens the Tv series suppose to air anyways? I'm assuming they won't have it ready until after The Avengers film is released.

Fall 2012

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"