Superman Returns Will the stadium cheer when Supe lands the plane?

ervann

Super Deformin'
Reaction score
I mean, it is in a sense a mirror sequence for the helicopter rescue in STM i.e. his first appearance and feat.

But if I was at a game and someone (even superman) lands a half-blown plane on the field i'll be pretty petrified.

The helicopter rescue setup was much more compact and intimate, thus I could empathize with the crowd. Makes you wanna cheer.

Not sure how it'll come across in a stadium though.

ervann said:
I mean, it is in a sense a mirror sequence for the helicopter rescue in STM i.e. his first appearance and feat.

But if I was at a game and someone (even superman) lands a half-blown plane on the field i'll be pretty petrified.

The helicopter rescue setup was much more compact and intimate, thus I could empathize with the crowd. Makes you wanna cheer.

Not sure how it'll come across in a stadium though.

Depends on what inning he lands it in.
Late in game + beer sales = loud cheering.

no, i think they'll boo a superhero for saving numerous lives.

Heheheh. I was just now gonna say that. Beat me to it:up:

I think they'll be pissed if it's a World Championship game with bases loaded, a tied score and the home team's 4th turn batter was about to swing at the first pitch.

Lol - some good responses. In all seriousness, though, I think it'll be one of panic, then stunned silence. I mean, Superman's been gone for years. This is the first that people know he's back, and they'll be too much in a state of shock to applaud.

Depends on whether or not Rosie O'Donnell's on the plane.

I wonder how much of the plane will actually be left. Hell, both wings gone and the tail section, its just a tube. he lands the plane . . . and leaves it there? Seriously, its been bugging me. I would hope he would get everyone off, then fly the wreckage someplace. Otherwise it'd be a real pain to clean that up and get it out of the stadium. Just a detail thing . . . it really doesn't matter that much.

Oh, and I expect a standing ovation from thousands of people. Should be great!

That would be great if there was just stunned silence for several seconds, which seems like an eternity. Superman looks around and then the stadium erupts.

it will be something like that. all peopel with WTF faces.
normal_16trailer24.jpg

Wow, people sure do come up with questions about anything and everything regarding this movie. Not necessarily a bad thing but........wow

I know. Isn't it great? have to keep the boards up and running, you know.

(Supes Lands Plan)

Announcer #1- "You stupid bastard Superman you ruined the Game"

Crowd - bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

Announcer #2 - "Good to see you again by the way you ***** welcome back"

Crowd - "cheers"

I'll have a geekasm when He lands the plane.
But I doubt the people will cheer.

I like silence in the theater.

Warhammer said:
I'll have a geekasm when He lands the plane.
But I doubt the people will cheer.

I like silence in the theater.

He does not mean the Theater Audience. He meant the Stadium Audience in the Movie dude

Well i wonder if they even have people in the stadium at that point. It could be just training session with only the team there. In the set pictures they didn't even have extras for crowd. I dont know if they will add that in by CGI or if it simply will be during the training with a few reporters there covering the team and they manage to get superman too. If they do go CGI it better be some good material, specialy for close-up's. Then again, they could use stock footage of actual game crowds.

Im sure that people will applaud him when he reveals himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"