Sequels Design your own Story Concept(s) for the Sequel to Superman Returns

So kakarot069, our universe never had a Superman, until Superman fixed the anti-Monitor, and then our krypton exploded, baby Kal came to earth and so on. So, DC's Earth is not the same as ours? I thought it was.

Well, there was a point during Crisis On Infinite Earths where there was an Earth that had no Superman. He only existed in comic books like he does here... I just used that as a foundation and tweaked the story a little. At first, I had no idea what the creature was going to be. For a while, I thought it would be Doomsday, then Imperiex, but then I decided on the Anti-Monitor, because then you'd get to see all the different Supermen in all those different suits :-)D) come together and fight as a group

That would be cool. Are you gonna write it? And create art for the Supermen, and possible other heroes, and other Lois', Jimmy's, Perry's, Chloe maybe? I'd love to see all the suits. My fav, although not Superman's, is Superboy/Kon-El's black T-shirt with the red (\S/).

well... I could definitely try, but I'm a horrible drawer. The only thing I'm good for is color and light :(

Brainiac would be a good way to introduce superman to the new extra terrestrial dangers imo in a sequel to this film and then...

Basically.. there is the hugest event in superman history that should be done imo: The Death and Return of Superman..which could take 2 or 3 films... thats going out with a bang imo.

I'd prefer it to be like this:

Superman 2: Brainiac formed from the Kryptonian crystal technology in space as the planet as been reformed out there with him at the core. His creation is a result of Lex Luthor's actions in SR and thus it comes to earth to find Lex Luthor and Kal-El.

Superman 3: Lex Luthor's attempts to bring back Brainiac and channel his power and knowledge begin. Darkseid is planning an Apokolypian invasion of Earth but tries to draw Superman to him using the ransom of a 12 year old Kryptonian child survivor he has in his captivity (Kara Zor El). Superman puts it all on the line to find her and save her.

Superman 4: Brainiac is reconstituted as 'Lexiac'. Kryptonian villians emerge from the Phatom Zone with Lexiac on their side for the big epic battle for Kryptonian supremacy on Earth... General Zod appears with his dark master of pure hate and evil...who orhestrated the conflict between Earth and Apokalips in the previous film for his own enjoyment; Dominus. As this Kryptonian battle begins on Earth, Kara (the child from the previous film) whos now 15/16 years old after living with the Kents in Smallville for all these years....steps up to assist Superman as Supergirl.

World's Finest (with Bale): Joker and Lex, with the muscle of the dark shadows of the world finest duo: Man-Bat and Bizzaro.

That covers all the bases. Again, not using Metallo for him being a typical thug whos a Kryptonite freak (Smallvilles overplayed that).

Not using Doomsday since he was regarded as simply a plot device to kill Supes and thats really all he is famous for (and Superman already dies in Returns at Lex's hands) no need to do it again.

Kane said:
Not using Doomsday since he was regarded as simply a plot device to kill Supes and thats really all he is famous for (and Superman already dies in Returns at Lex's hands) no need to do it again.

Ur kidding me... :eek: Id think something with more notorious reputation for that saga as opposed to a guy in a suit wouldve been more fitting. This time around would be more likely for Superman to snap him like a pencil imo. Oh well.

And Chris bales Batman doesnt belong in a superman world imo... so different. I think I was one of the guys who thought that was a horrible horrible idea lol

It's called

SUPERMAN FOREVER

I'll be elaborating more and more as I have time, but basically this is it:

Opening scene features Superman saving the day by stoping a huge kidnapping. The mayor is kidnapped, and taken away via helictoper, and superman saves her in a midair rescue. back to seen, lois an jimmy are all over it(clarks a bit late).
they get back to the planet, where we see clark. later that night, superman pays Lois a visit. they have a secret relationship, its obvious they are still in love. superman flys off, and lois leaves.
meanwhile, across the world at night in arizona,m a space laboratorysees this massive objext hurtling towards earth-they think its a asteroid! alerts are sent out, clark finds out at the planet, and quickly flys up to see whats up, only to find it has "vanished". its also dissapeared from all radar.
meanwhile, pan over the sahara desert to find lex, kitty, and company on camels en route to cairo. they were saved by a chinese fishing boat and now lex is trying to come in contact with his ex partner. hes been plotting revenge on the man of steel for a while now.
meanwhile, clark and Lois are sent out to cover Richards innauguration as an air force commander thingie. his brave acts in superman returns have garnered much respect. its in new york. clark and lois go on a sight seeing trip, clark flirting hard, lois semi taking the bait. clark really wants to tell her who he is.their in new york taxi when a stragegically planed bank robbery happens. 2 huge 18 wheels block off part of a street, and the first floors on both side building explode. out of the 18 wheelers, thugs jump out-turns out on side is jewelry shop, on the other side a bank. lois screams, and looks over-clarks gone. she fraks-cut to an alley-clark becomes superman. he flys down, and blows out the fires, while the hugs load loot into the trucks. one takes off. it cuts down the street, smashing int ocars. lois is trapped-doors pinned shut. superman quickly swoops down and rips open the roof and grabs her out before she can get hit. he drops up on a roodtop, and she ushers thanks as he dives down back to the scene. he quickly freezes the frozen truck in place, and then knocks a billboard to keep from getting anywhere. meanwhile the last truck enters the freeway-superman follows. he cant juststop it here, itl l cause a huge accident. he tells the driver to pull over, but he wont. supes flys around back, and tries to grab it from behind, but a man opens the door and throws a grenade. superman falls back is lown back into a car by the explosion. he swoops in again, this time for the front. the driver swurves, and knocks superman in midair(causing a huge gash to the truck), and the truck turns and crahses through a wall, and slams down 15 feet onto a bridge-now superman flies in for the last time, having had enough. he grabs the front of the 18 wheels, and picks it up, and quickly sets it down UPSIDE DOWN infront of the cop station.

he quickly flies back to lois, who is now freaked out by clarks absense, telling superman they have to find him! he grabs her. he reaches into his pocket and takes out his glasses. lois GASPS-she doesnt know why, but knowing clark and superman are the same person...is just better.she likes supes a lot, and likes clark a little, and combined, that forces her to ... fall back in love. at the inuaguration ceromony, richard looks over to his wife, to see her just staring at clark, whose staring back. hes a good guy, but he isnt stupid.
meanwhile, BRAINIAC comes to Earth in his skull ship searching for superman, and crashs into the sahara as its the emptiest place on earth. he has found new krypton in space and wants the rest of supermans technology to make his own planet which hed rule. he's got no idea what to do, so n his human look, he goes to cairo. we meet luthor in a bar, reasing a paper about the "6/30 hero getting recognized" -richard being innuagurated, with lois next to him, then a pic of superman above. lex instantly notices something is wrong with brainiac, who askes to see the paper. he asks about superman, who lex says he hates, ect. lex figures out who is(he saw the ship crash) anbd says he wants superman dead, and brainiac wants his tech. if superman dies, theyll be able to get the tech. brainiac agrees to help kill superman if luthor helps him get the technology as lex knows where the fortress is. brainiac says they need to find a person who already dislikes superman, and hell make him" a match". lex looks down, and sees richard, and it hits him.
meanwhile, in upstate new york compound, richards alone, in a lab. explosion abound, the troops to fight off brainiac who quickly wipes them out. he finds richard, who now dislikes superman, and tell him their tryign to pass a law to make superman illegal. he agrees to help them, when they kidnap him. holding themselves up in an abandoned warehouse in washington.

ill finish the update later.

. hes unwittingly kidnapped and turned into Metallo-he puts 2 redkryptonion crystals into his mechanic upperbody. he wears a sleek black costume.
-clark n lois return back. they spend the night on the eifil tower, where superman tells lois he wants to quit being superman and be with her. lois objects.the next day richard doesnt land at metropolis airport. superman fights metallo in a small battle in metropolis, before supeman throws him itno the middle of the pacific.
mad at the failure, lex sends metallo to break into the national archives and get kryptonite. meanwhile,superman and lois dine in the fortress ala superman 2. jasons at his grandmas. superman shows her around the fortress. they hook up. richard is seemingly out of her mind.
the next day, clark and lois both kind of float around. suddenly a mega boom-metallo has crash landed in a brainiac mades pace pod in the middle of metropolis. a worldwide super ifght continues, with superman and him ending up in metropolis again,lois feet away-superman is dying from thekryptonite now inbeded in metellos fist.they kill eachother as superman rips out metallo life crystal-and they both fall 100 stories down to the street and crash hard.lois rushs over to a dying superman, when metallo pulls off his mask.

its richard. she cant believe it. he tells luthor brain washed him, and that he needs help. lois feels aweful, and has no idea what to do. she has to either save SUPERMAN or save richard.
meanwhile, brainiacs warship crash lands in d.c.-its about noon time. they take over the white house and seemingly the worldin a matter of minute via intimidation by using footage of a dead superman. the world gets pissed.

manwhile, lois has decided to take richard(he can actually be saved meanwhile they can do nothing for superman). the bridge their on is collapsing(suspension bridge) and they rishoff the bridge. the bridge breaks and superman collapses into the ocean. when he sees the ice crystalfrom metallo-he grabs it-its ENERGZING-He holds onto it, and bullets from the bottom of the ocean, tearing towards the sun for energy. meanwhile, lois is overtaken my metallo, whose still enraged that she left him for lois. in her car, metallo takes it and throws it as far as he can-only to be caught by superman, who sets it down on a rooftop. they tlak breifly,exchange i love yous, and she tells him brainiacs got d.c. and that he could die, that he and metallo hae kryptonite. superman flies off the screen-hes got life saving crystal and a plan. he draws metallo to the artic, a place superman knows,theres a spectacular ice fight until superman melts a lake and throws metallo into it, and refreezes it all up-hes trapped.

superman then converges on d.c. where thousands of troops are. superman crashes the white house, and afraid of his new power, brainiac leaves and lex and retreates to his skull ship. superman and he have a fight on board the crashing ship and superman wins. Thematically, superman is having loads of doubt over his Lois situation. no moping, this is private stuff. he contemplates a perminant leave AGAIN to smallville. but in the end he realizes its his destiny to be hear, that he will be superman FOREVER. Him and lois get together at the end.

it would be very light and action packed movie

XCharlieX said:
And Chris bales Batman doesnt belong in a superman world imo... so different. I think I was one of the guys who thought that was a horrible horrible idea lol

I dont think its too different, both films are handled in a way to try and be as 'real' as possible with unrealistic characters.....and are character driven. Gotham's ghetto look reflects their economic problems while Metropolis' classic, regal look reflects the elegance and affluence of the city. In begins, Bruce's parents in the flashbacks...and at Bruce's parties...the affluent crowd dressed similarly in style to the people of Metropolis.

Theres potential.

Well all Im saying is, they 'could' match if it was necessary.

The project just needs a good director (not Ratner) to kick it off.

Theres also the fact that Batman made his first appearance several years after Superman disappeared from Earth....hope was lost...a world in darkness, it would have been the perfect time for Batman to Begin.

Kane said:
Well all Im saying is, they 'could' match if it was necessary.

The project just needs a good director (not Ratner) to kick it off.

Theres also the fact that Batman made his first appearance several years after Superman disappeared from Earth....hope was lost...a world in darkness, it would have been the perfect time for Batman to Begin.

Sorry, but no. I don't think it's going to happen. I like Batman where he is and I like Superman where he is. I don't see the need to band them together.

"No team-ups" is my motto for now.

Rynan said:
Sorry, but no. I don't think it's going to happen.

Dude, SR isnt even out yet and already Singer and Routh are being fielded with questions about a possible Supes/Bat teamup by interviewers.

Routh said he'd be for it as long as it isnt the 'Batman VS Superman' script because he doesnt think Bats and Supes should be fighting with each other....but teaming up (World Finest style).

I was just watching Firewall, which I rather enjoyed, and I do not know why it did not do better, and I realised that if there was a DKR movie done around now, Ford is probably the only guy who could do it.

And Bettney kicks ass as usual.

Any who, the point is, it got me thinking, IF they ever did a B&S film (hehe just noticed that, BS) I think it should be something like DKR mixed with the script that was done for Peterson's film.

Basically taking the two and merging them so that the peterson script elements that were NOt like the books are removed, and there could be ore focus on BOTH characters then there is in DKR (not that DKR should be any different as it is a bat's story, but for a BvsS film, wellm you know.

I think that this is one of the best ways for it to play out.

It would like DKR in how Begins had a lot of Year One in it. But I like how both of those works managed to pit Bats and Supes against eachother. Neither was so much the bad guy as it was their differences and the extenuating circumstances.

i bet you liked Superman Blue and his electrical and magnetic based powers then...

For my sequel I would have Lex becoming more of the buisness guy from the comics and cartoon. After failing to kill Supes in Returns Lex is getting very frustrated. So Lex tries to think of way to get a Supes; Lex figures that he should become a public person and it would frustrate Supes to know end.

Lex starts giving charity and all sorts of functions, apologizes and slowy gains public trust/ support. He makes many deals with all sorts buisnesses and steals alot of money so he can start up his Lex Corp empire. Lex puts together a team of bad guys called Intergang to alot of his dirty work.

On one of Intergang missions, Superman intervens to put a stop to them. IG was looking forward to Superman intervention so they could try out the new weapons and try to get some of Superman DNA for Lex. IG completes there mission in getting Supes DNA but not without one getting hurt and put in prison; his name is John Corben.

Lex tells Corben he could get him out prison if and only if Corben goes through with some kind mechanical enhancment procedure. Besides wanting to get out of prison, Corben wants revenge on Superman, so he accepts. Naturally this is the becoming of Metallo

Menwhile Lex and his scientist are playing with Superman's dna trying to make there own Superman. Obviously they end up making Bizarro and from there I havn't really thought about it.

Please forgive my bad writing skills.

What if they make 2 clones, one Bizarro and the other what seems to be a normal human. Lex adds his own DNA, and so the Boy of Steel is created.

Batman the 6th said:
What if they make 2 clones, one Bizarro and the other what seems to be a normal human. Lex adds his own DNA, and so the Boy of Steel is created.

That would be interesting, though I'm not sure if I'd want Superboy in the next sequel. But again a very interesting thought.

once sr comes out im planning on writting a follow up involving Bizaro as the "villian", then the sequel, introducing doomsday and brainiac partnership, ive already outlined the basic plot and story, i just need to see what is in sr so i can make it all connect, just like i did for my x4,x5,x6 follow-up

It won't be Superboy necessarily, just a younger version of Routh doing Lex's bad deeds. Then, the clone helps Supes out, and dies while doing so. Kind of like in L*C, but the clone is more evil at first.

Based on what I know SR my sequel would go something like this

An ancient villain from the Planet Colu named Vril Dox visited Krypton long ago and tried to destroy it, he was defeated by Kryptons Science Council (this would be long before Jor-El was even born) and the essence of his mind was trapped with in the crystals of Krypton. When Luthor created New Krypton he tainted the pure crystals with Kryptonite which cuased Vril Dox consciousness to re-awaken, and thats why it continues to grow, I'd have a space shuttle piloted by Hank Henshaw crash onto the NK planetoid (it would crash because Brainiacs control of Machinery) He'd use the wrecked ship to create a body for himself thought not the one were used to just yet, Once he had a body he'd use his powers to start collecting debris of all sorts of alien metals floating around space and eventually take the form he had in TAS which is my favorite Brainiac design. Superman would go investigate the Space Shuttle crash, and find the crew dead, while on NK Brainiac would instantly recognize Superman as Kryptonian due to the symbol on his chest, he is able to hide himself from Kal-El for the time being. Superman brings the shuttle back to Earth so that it's passengers can get the burial they deserve. As Superman flies back to Earth with the doomed shuttle Brainiac realizes that under a yellow sun the kryptonians powers are great, with Superman now back on Earth, Brainiac with his powers and technological know how begins to transform New krypton into his Skull Ship

Back on Earth Richard and Lois are no longer engaged, Richard having called off the engagement knowing that Lois is still in love with Superman. He leaves The Daily Planet to wrok for Newstime magazine. Lois and Richard stay friends for Jason's sake. Jason will be at school for most of the film, but they will talk about how he's becoming a star athlete especially in track. Might cut to a shot of him winning a race by a good but not unbeleivable distance

Lex Luthor who now has BILLIONS will have started LexCorp, and it will be rivaling Wayne Industries for providng the most advanced tech possible, thanks in large part to lex's top scientist Prof Emil Hamilton

Brainiac now has his ship ready and heads towards Earth ready to destroy it. Hamilton is the first to discover that NK is shifting course and now headed straight for Earth. As this haaapens their are reports from all over Star labs, Wayne Industries, Kord Tech etc

Brainiac gets to Earth, a massive smackdown between him and Supes occurs with Superman only beating Brainiac thanks to some help from Luthor.

Also throughout all this I'll have a good dose of Perry Jimmy and Lois

there's more detail but I dont think I can fit anymore in one post :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"