Sequels Will there be a Superboy spinoff???

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
What do you think do we get to watch the orign thing all over again in a spin-off of sorts or will it play alongside the sequels???

If they wanted a Son of Superman franchaise alone, they prolly would have made Brandon Routh play the son of Christopher Reeve and Margo Kidder from the first film.

I dont think theyre gonna play Son of Superman out.

I am sure WB is keeping it as an option if/should there's a spinoff. If SR turns out to be part of a 3 picture deal who knows what'll happen next?

There is already a Superboy type deal going on as we speak, without the suit and all......

It's called Smallville!!!

depends on audience reactions, they can develop Superkid if the general public accepts Jason warmly, if there is massive resistance WB might insist to scale the kid back.

frankly i wont be surprised to see Superkid in either the 2nd or the 3rd movie. Singer is moving the franchise forward and if WB likes the direction its going to-- and that its making money, then you can expect Jason to be firmly on his way to be Superkid sidekick.

i dont like it myself. :( but that's the reality of life.

I think they'll develop him to BE Superboy but not give him a Superboy spinoff. He'll just be...there...He could even be the movie version of Kon-El. No Lex stuff to complicate matters...IIII don't see him being in that full mode till a 3rd movie though.

I think there will be a Superboy spin-off in the future, but not in the coming sequel set for an '09 release. I mean, there could be a Superboy sub-plot if Singer hires an older actor to play Jason, but that would mess everything up.

if there is. I will definently try out. But isnt superboy superman in his teen years?

I try to be optimistic about spin-offs, but I think "Superboy: The Movie" is stretching it a little. Not likely to ever happen.

if there is. I will definently try out. But isnt superboy superman in his teen years?

Yes.

i sincerely hope there is no way "Super-boy" will ever appear in a film, with or without his dad...

i also sincerely fear that my hopes will be crushed in the not-too-distant future...

Steelsheen said:
depends on audience reactions, they can develop Superkid if the general public accepts Jason warmly, if there is massive resistance WB might insist to scale the kid back.

frankly i wont be surprised to see Superkid in either the 2nd or the 3rd movie. Singer is moving the franchise forward and if WB likes the direction its going to-- and that its making money, then you can expect Jason to be firmly on his way to be Superkid sidekick.

i dont like it myself. :( but that's the reality of life.

At that point I will never see another live action Superman movie ever again until it got redone properly :(

You guys are firmly out of your minds. There is no way in heck Singer is trying to make Jason into a Superhero... no way in the world. I don't know what kind of twisted logic brings so many people to think that Jason is going to be some kind of sidekick, but the movie contradicts that notion every chance it gets. Jason is constantly scared, constantly sickly, perhaps psychosomatically so, constantly quiet, bashful and introverted... he is not on his way to becoming any kind of car crushing superhero....

It's just rediculous... why would anyone think that Jason could become Superboy... just because he has powers?

GL1 said:
You guys are firmly out of your minds. There is no way in heck Singer is trying to make Jason into a Superhero... no way in the world. I don't know what kind of twisted logic brings so many people to think that Jason is going to be some kind of sidekick, but the movie contradicts that notion every chance it gets. Jason is constantly scared, constantly sickly, perhaps psychosomatically so, constantly quiet, bashful and introverted... he is not on his way to becoming any kind of car crushing superhero....

It's just rediculous... why would anyone think that Jason could become Superboy... just because he has powers?

Singer may not make him into SUperboy...and he'd better m=not make him Superman...

But who knows what the next jackass to inherit the franchise is gonna do?? Joel Schumacher anyone???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"