Will you beard up for Thor?

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
As some of you may remember, I have long been a vocal proponent of Thor having a beard, and frankly it's been a disappointment of mine that Marvel doesn't depict him that way in the comics more often. Being of Norwegian descent, for me a beardless Thor is like a beardless Santa Claus, so I was immensely pleased when I first found out that Thor will indeed have a beard in the movie. Whatever happens with the movie, I'll at least be content knowing that they did not shave Thor. :up:

chrishemsworththorh.jpg

So, when May 6 rolls around, will you be rockin' the jaw fuzz when you show up at the theater? I've been doing the whole beard thing for about 2 years now so it's nothing new for me, but if you haven't already started growing yours you've still got plenty of time before the premiere this May.

If you're not feeling shy, feel free to post a picture of your beard in all of its awesomeness. To break the ice, I'll go first.

41054469820977328652102.jpg

Already working on it!
84206246.jpg

Sorry for bad quality.

Hahaha, I love the idea of Thor fans all coming to the movie with beards. The Beard Brigade? The Band of Beards? The Beard League?

I would, but alas, I seem to get my hair genes from the Chinese part of my family. I can't grow a beard. :csad:

I've had fur on my face for 14 years. :D

....heh Good thing this isn't a Ghost Rider thread.....lol

I shall be. I finally have an excuse for my shaving laziness.

Edit: a pic... It's gonna be close to zztopthor by the time the film comes out :woot:

Edit again - I am now jowlingly bald again, but for a small goatee. Had an interview, best foot forward and all that...

Last edited:
beebeard.jpg

I already have a beard so that's not a problem. I'll be sure to count the bearded males people when I go see Thor just for you Timstuff.

Pic not related by the way.

*sigh*...I've been trying for years :(

Last edited:
330en81.jpg

To feel worthy of watching the Thor movie, I'm trying to grow a beard. Can't convince my girl to do the same, though. :oldrazz:

I've had a full beard for about 3 or so years and I'm never going back. They made the right choice with Thor.

330en81.jpg

To feel worthy of watching the Thor movie, I'm trying to grow a beard. Can't convince my girl to do the same, though. :oldrazz:
hahaha MAN you better hope she doesn't see that Canis! lol

I've had a full beard for about 3 or so years and I'm never going back. They made the right choice with Thor.
It is a constant source of minor annoyance to me that Thor and Aquaman no longer have beards in the comics. :argh:

It is a constant source of minor annoyance to me that Thor and Aquaman no longer have beards in the comics. :argh:

Thor and Aqaman do look badass with beards, especially King Thor:thor:

I would, but alas, I seem to get my hair genes from the Chinese part of my family. I can't grow a beard. :csad:

heh, 3 to 4 days of not shaving and I'm fuzzy faced :o I don't like beards, they itches

would if I could....:O
even if I started now, or atleast not anything I'd wanna go out in public with anyway lol

Already have a pretty thick one going. Probably gonna trim it for valentine's day though and start from scratch. It only takes like a month to get a good one going. Had this one for about 2 months and it's already starting to cover my lip so for the sake of eating neatly it's gotta go.

would if I could....:O
even if I started now, or atleast not anything I'd wanna go out in public with anyway lol
Yeah, I do grow facial hair, but it's like a barely-pubescent 13-year-old's facial hair. It never gets thick enough to warrant the "beard" label. That's why I make sure to shave regularly. Letting it grow would just be embarrassing.

Been growing mine for about a month now. It'll be nice and grizzly by the time Thor comes out.

I know, right? When Aquaman had the beard and hook hand, I could take him seriously. He looked like he was freaking half pirate! This is an Aquaman I would not mess with! :wow:

justiceleagueaquaman.jpg

It's like he's saying "Yeah, I've heard the jokes. 'Hey, I never realized so much crime happened under water! Derptyderpderp! 'Oh no, Aquaman's ability to talk to fish is useless, tehehehe!' So you wanna make something of it buddy? :argh:"

Current Aquaman though... Eh... :dry:

201pxaquaman003.jpg

I mean come on, it's bad enough they had to take away his beard, and that they went back to that unflattering mis-matched green and orange costume (is he supposed to look like a sea-carrot?), but a magical water hand instead of a hook? Really? Is he supposed to defeat his foes using relaxing hydrotherapy? :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"