Wind River (by Sicario writer)

I'm late on this train guys but this movie was exceptional. This Taylor Sheriden guy is on a roll. His scripts are very simple, basic stories but the dialogue and sharp execution of it all makes it work so well. I loved the slow drama build and when the film climaxes, holy CRAP.

The only reason I may not rewatch this as much is because of a certain sequence that was really hard to watch and made me angry and uncomfortable but overall this was an exceptional film.

9/10.

I'm late on this train guys but this movie was exceptional. This Taylor Sheriden guy is on a roll. His scripts are very simple, basic stories but the dialogue and sharp execution of it all makes it work so well. I loved the slow drama build and when the film climaxes, holy CRAP.

The only reason I may not rewatch this as much is because of a certain sequence that was really hard to watch and made me angry and uncomfortable but overall this was an exceptional film.

9/10.

When people say "wow, I totally forgot about that scene!" when I write about this scene frequently in my end of the year posts I wonder what the hell is wrong with them. How do you forget THAT?

9/10.

The climax came out of nowhere, which made it even more intense.

For those who missed it, it's now on Netflix.

For those interested, Taylor Sheridan has written/directed Western TV series called Yellowstone, and it's coming out in June on the Paramount Network, starring Kevin Costner:

Yellowstone follows the violent world of the Duttons, a ranching family in Montana. Kevin Costner plays John Dutton, a violent rancher that must fend off land developers, an Indian reservation, and America’s first National Park.

[YT]suobrMPBLlo[/YT]

Also stars is Wes Bentley, Kelly Reilly, Luke Grimes, and Cole Hauser

EDIT: HR made a thread for it in the TV subsection
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=539823&highlight=yellowstone

For those who missed it, it's now on Netflix.

Not in Ireland :(. Really want to see it again, guess I'll have to get the Blu Ray.

Last edited:
Finally saw this...good flick. Saw Hell or High Water a couple months back. Might as well finally check out Sicario to keep the "belated Sheridan scripted movie viewing" train rolling, heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"