Windows xp problem

Strange

Superhero
Reaction score
My laptop downloaded some updates from the windows site and for some reason they won't load, everytime I shut down my laptop it says its trying to load the updates but they never load. It sits there for like 15 mins and it says not to shut down it will shut down automagically, but it never does it just hangs up. Anyway to clear out the updates do they don't try to install each time I shut down?

Go to Start -> Control Panel (I'm in classic view) -> Automatic Updates. A window will pop up and there should be an option you can select that says "Download updates, but let me choose when to install them". Hopefully that will help.

Thanks for the help, any idea on how to get rid of the updates. No matter what I do when they go to install they fail.

Sorry, I don't have a clue...Automatic updates aren't like programs like Word or a game where you can just click "Uninstall" or just delete the files...updates are more delicate, to me anyway. I wouldn't go and start on deleting spree for fear that I would remove an important patch/update. Only thing I can recommend to do is just shut off updates (which isn't a good thing, either) and ignore it. Kinda between a rock and a hard place :\

Windows XP is the problem. Apple all the way.

jag

Go to the Control Panel and then "Add or Remove Programs".

Click the check box for "Updates" up at the top. That should list all the recent updates. You can try removing the most recently downloaded. Then try downloading and installing them again from Automatic Updates. Might solve your problem, its worth a shot. ;)

:huh:
Did you just say you're Jag? You have two accounts?

We've all pitched in to buy you this t-shirt:

slow01.gif

Wear it proudly.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95