Winner Takes it All....

4 way tie for me: Sin City, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Blade and Watchmen.

Punisher: War Zone. :o

J/K. It's The Dark Knight.

Anyone thinking JL might join this 'elite' bunch ? Doubt it severely given the 'compressed' cinematic version we'll be getting. Maybe the home release version will stand up better ?

Anyone thinking JL might join this 'elite' bunch ? Doubt it severely given the 'compressed' cinematic version we'll be getting. Maybe the home release version will stand up better ?

Personally the best it may do is be behind TDKT, WW, Superman 1, 2, Batman and Batman Returns on just in the DC rankings.

I think in most people's eyes, this ain't happening sadly. I loved it to bits, but enough to put it in a top 10 or even 5, possibly not.

Well of course it’s The Dark Knight.

It completely rewrites what a comic book movie is capable of being.

It legitimises the comic art form in a way no other movie ever has to the general audience.

It allows complex themes, mature ideas and studied philosophies to be successfully engaged with through the prism of a movie about a man dressed as a bat.

It looks amazing from start to finish.

It features a selection of fabulous performances.

It presents the relationship between Batman and Joker possibly better than any other story.

It has emotional intelligence and well as emotional resonance.

It’s the greatest comic book movie ever made, and it probably always will be.

It’s not wearing hockey pads.

Last edited:
I don't even think TDK is the best in the trilogy. When you can't even write the Joker to come off as smart without making the police stupid and incompetent, despite that the movie tries to take itself so seriously, it never worked that well for me, even though I still enjoy it overall. People consistently heralding that movie as smart makes it the prime candidate for most overrated movie of all time for me, especially since the script would never hold up if you took away the costumes and tried to make a serious crime movie. Imagine if Seven or SotL had such ridiculous plot armor for their bad guys.

Batman Begins deserves more praise than it's getting though.

It’s the superior Batman film, certainly. The best live action realisation of the character in history.

For someone (Nolan), who self claims he wasn't a comic book fan or reader in his youth, hence why he sought Goyer out, he got and understood an awful lot of the character, well, I know that's being a good story teller, but the mechanics of the themes & ideals, he nailed in Begins. I remember to this day, my feeling at the end sequence, 'I never said thank you' / '..and you'll never have too'. A relationship between two men and a city encapsulated in one sentence and tears fell as I watched it, knowing that at that point, the Batman film I'd waited my entire life had just been watched.

It legitimises the comic art form in a way no other movie ever has to the general audience.

It allows complex themes, mature ideas and studied philosophies to be successfully engaged with through the prism of a movie about a man dressed as a bat.

It presents the relationship between Batman and Joker possibly better than any other story.

This x 1000.

For someone (Nolan), who self claims he wasn't a comic book fan or reader in his youth, hence why he sought Goyer out, he got and understood an awful lot of the character, well, I know that's being a good story teller, but the mechanics of the themes & ideals, he nailed in Begins. I remember to this day, my feeling at the end sequence, 'I never said thank you' / '..and you'll never have too'. A relationship between two men and a city encapsulated in one sentence and tears fell as I watched it, knowing that at that point, the Batman film I'd waited my entire life had just been watched.

Nolan understands character. He understands story. When you have such a good grasp on those two fundamentals, it isn’t hard to understand the specifics of what makes Batman Batman. He’s particularly interested in characters with a fractured sense of self, so the dichotomy at the heart of who Bruce Wayne is was a massive draw for him.

He didn’t care about how cool the suit looked or what comic stories he could copy. He wasn’t interested in what was ‘cool’ or how edgy he could be. He cared about getting to the truth of what makes Batman tick. About portraying the core elements of the character properly. About Batman’s story.

:up:

Iron Man.

Kicked off the MCU. No Iron Man, no MCU. No MCU, we'd only have an era of mediocrity. Everyone now is trying to play catch up with disastrous results. Not a dig at anyone else, but the truth.

Iron Man.

Kicked off the MCU. No Iron Man, no MCU. No MCU, we'd only have an era of mediocrity. Everyone now is trying to play catch up with disastrous results. Not a dig at anyone else, but the truth.

Its a great origin film and a very accomplished film, but for me, it's not the best CBM of all time.

Spider-man 2 and Dark Knight are constantly fighting for the title for me and I honestly cannot decide. Two very different movies but both epic, emotionally gripping, technically spectacular and just all around riveting stories that place their lead characters against insurmountable odds. And both movies are backboned by incredibly memorable musical scores.

I guess....if I HAD to choose, TDK takes it, only because its story is so intricately woven and so impeccably executed. SM2 has a very very simple story but Raimi took that story and made an epic romantic love letter to Spider-man and superheroes in general.

Last edited:
Best/favorite comic book movie of all time? Oh, that's easy:

WY0srJf.gif

QRCVOrE.gif

lgQH9zJ.gif

WaJrH9F.gif

giphy.gif

MFGGzaP.gif

ryutCQR.gif

To this day, still yet to see it.

I guess I never saw it either because I don't even know what it is. Doesn't even look like anything I would be interested in. I guess because I'm not a teen-age girl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"