winter soldier the movie

3dman27

super-hero wannabe
Reaction score
if a winter soldier movie was made would it work?discuss

i dunno if it d draw in much of an audience as hes really new. but who knows, people dont have to know about something to wanna see it.

i personally would love to see one with my usual disclaimer of "if its done right" :woot:

It would make more sense to put the Winter Solider in a Cap sequel instead of giving it a standalone film.

yeah, Captain America 3 would be a better place for it, with maybe a spin off if it did well.

I think Captain America 2 would be a better chance for the Winter Soldier, if only because a third Cap movie seems unlikely.

yeah, Captain America 3 would be a better place for it, with maybe a spin off if it did well.

Exactly. The third movie would work best. Especially if going for shock value. Bucky's believed to be dead for two movies only to turn out alive and well (and responsible for the death of Cap's arch-nemesis, The Red Skull). Yeah, that entire arc/run would make for a great movie and send off for the trilogy. Just no Cap dying this time.

Exactly. The third movie would work best. Especially if going for shock value. Bucky's believed to be dead for two movies only to turn out alive and well (and responsible for the death of Cap's arch-nemesis, The Red Skull). Yeah, that entire arc/run would make for a great movie and send off for the trilogy. Just no Cap dying this time.

Yup. And it works even better if they do end the Cap movies at a trilogy, with Cap saving Bucky's soul and all. Take them out on a high note.

we already have a winter soldier movie, its called the bourne trilogy.

...Wow. Come to think of it, the characters are pretty similar. Brubaker had a little inspiration. :woot:

I could see them doing a really serious comic movie, where you don't really know its a comic movie.
Just imagin it if it wasn't superhero or in a comic, it would still work as a movie plot.
Based on what I know without reading it:
"Bucky" Barnes is an all American soldier in WWII, or some war, he is pretty innocent but heroic. Maybe even works with a different legendary heroic soldier.
On one mission he is lost and presumed dead. Years later the US find him alive and well working for Russia, or a different foreign government, as a highly trained assassin. He is now angry, hardened, vicious, and has no memory of who he was.
His old partner, Captain Steve Rogers, in the war must try to bring him out of it. He tries to reason with him and there is some violence between the two, and more reasoning.
But even if Barnes remembers, will he be able to live with what he has become and what he has done?

Take out that Captain America was a super soldier, make him a regular soldier, make Barnes a regular soldier as well (all be it they are highly trained), and give them regular clothes and gear and no costumes. It would still be a big blockbuster summer movie.
Not saying I want that elemant taken out, just that it could still work.

we already have a winter soldier movie, its called the bourne trilogy.

I could see them doing a really serious comic movie, where you don't really know its a comic movie.
Just imagin it if it wasn't superhero or in a comic, it would still work as a movie plot.
Based on what I know without reading it:
"Bucky" Barnes is an all American soldier in WWII, or some war, he is pretty innocent but heroic. Maybe even works with a different legendary heroic soldier.
On one mission he is lost and presumed dead. Years later the US find him alive and well working for Russia, or a different foreign government, as a highly trained assassin. He is now angry, hardened, vicious, and has no memory of who he was.
His old partner, Captain Steve Rogers, in the war must try to bring him out of it. He tries to reason with him and there is some violence between the two, and more reasoning.
But even if Barnes remembers, will he be able to live with what he has become and what he has done?

Take out that Captain America was a super soldier, make him a regular soldier, make Barnes a regular soldier as well (all be it they are highly trained), and give them regular clothes and gear and no costumes. It would still be a big blockbuster summer movie.
Not saying I want that elemant taken out, just that it could still work.

:huh:

not sure how this could work out

I was thinking that the film's main character is introduced in Captain America. So first there would need to be a Captain America film. Then I got to thinking, they could do the film without Captain America. But I eventually got to the idea that Steve Rogers would still be needed (just not in costume or with powers).

I haven't read the book, is what I was trying to say, but from what I think I know about the plot
It sounds like even without the superhero stuff, without Captain America,
it could still work as an action movie. So that is what I was trying to show.

The Bourne movies are similar, I think I actually see the same sort of plot in a few other movies too, but in this film the main character (in this case Barnes) would have a parnter who is trying to get him back on the good side.
(again, I haven't read it yet, so I may be off about the plot)

I hope I have cleared up what I was trying to say, not sure if I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"