Woman chops off boyfriend's penis due to Valentine's day gaffe

You're twisting your own words here...

You're preaching against **** you've already said.

I'm not. I've been saying the same sh1t over and over and over in this thread.

Machx72 said:
And another note: It's not about "people like me" thinking it's tarnished. Marriage is tarnished in my eyesbecause of the way people treat it. Not because I personally think it's a toy, but because I see that other people treat it as a toy, and wouldn't want to marry someone like that- which is hard to avoid these days.

You're supporting my observation, though. Marriage is whatever people perceive it to be. You perceive it to be tarnished because of how some people regard it. I view those people as tarnished rather than a mere concept. The whole of marriage as a concept is not tainted to me just because other people don't take it seriously. It only matters what it is to me and my wife, to be honest with you. As a concept, it's just that...a concept. How people choose to use, value and view it is what it ultimately becomes for them. For you, other people have tainted the concept. For me, the concept has shined the light on other people's personal tarnish.

jag

It was, the church was a tiny town church with awesome acoustics, the only drawback was the ceremony lasted over an hour, and our Camera ran out of battery power before it was over. But between the overlapping chanting (there were two priests) the fact that it was in a foreign language (I speak a little, make that very little romanian) and the actual symbolism of the ceremony itself, it was pretty magical.

We too did it on the cheap since her dad insisted on paying and her parents only make like 350 (dollars) a month combined. Then to make me feel even worse, they gave us several grand as a wedding gift. They had apparently been saving the money since she was born. I wanted to refuse because I knew how much that was compared to what they make, but I couldn't even suggest it without insuting them. It was pretty humbling actually.

That definitely sounds amazing. See, thats the kind of thing I'd have loved to have, but I guess that not being part of the church I kinda forefit that. Chanting especially would have been amazing- I listen to gregorian chanting a lot when I'm meditating, but civil ceremonies don't allow any religious element.

Did you get any pictures? That would be so amazing.

Yeah, I'd just be more impressed when someone said "I do." if society would hold them to their vows, if you couldn't legally be divorced and actually had to be together till death once you'd promised you would, though enforcing it by making a couple prove that they still live together, or not allowing one of them to take up a new life with a third party would be pretty petty/psycho.

Haha! I guess there are ways of ensuring people take certain concepts more seriously, even if they're extreme as hell. I agree with Machx that THAT would make for a hell of a reality TV series. :D

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"