Women in Combat

With the exception of Special Forces, to say the women should meet the exact same physical standards as men isn't realistic (with relatively few exceptions). There are already separate physical standards for men and women for career fields and for physical fitness testing, just as their are different standards within each sex based on age.

I served with countless women at deployed locations and they did the same job I did. They went on patrols "outside the wire", did convoy duty, and performed detainee operations in Iraq. To say they're not already conducting "combat" operations is naive.

I think its easier to agree with if you're never gonna be in combat, but a guy will definitely feel it moreso if a girl gets fragged by a grenade than a guy. That protective instinct kicks in, basically where the whole don't hit girls mindset comes into play.

This paves way to for Selective Service registration for women. Women no longer oppressed from being eligible for a Draft. Glorious news.

To me, as far as those crying for full equality, we are going to see the problems that the "equal pay" brings forth.

I have a feeling we will start to see the flexible schedules go away, the "in house" child care...

It's like these people go screaming into the street "I want equality in all things" and then realize....it ain't so great in an equal world...where "Fair is not always equal, and equal is not always fair...." : /

I am in a career where their is a fair amount of equality between men and women....except in the area of coaching. IMO, if the hours are equal, the pay should be equal. Ex: right now in my district, women's sports are the big winners right now, they are the ones with the winning seasons.....YET, the women coaches barely make 1/2 of what the men make. AND, (this happens a lot) women coaches are more likely to have to teach an almost full schedule of classes, whereas male head coaches in larger districts, usually do not.

So, even in occupations where there is a great amount of equality, you will still find areas that are far from equal.

Military......wow, this is a whole other animal.
High School I can see that being unfair, and not to say it is fair but in college and pro sports there is just a way higher level of fans for the male versions of the sports than the females. So I guess you could compare it to both of us having tv shows and I want the same amount of money you make even though your show has a lot more viewers. I'm pretty sure male coaches for female teams make the wages of other coaches for the womans leagues, and if a woman coached a male team she should recieve the pay the other male coaches make.

High School I can see that being unfair, and not to say it is fair but in college and pro sports there is just a way higher level of fans for the male versions of the sports than the females. So I guess you could compare it to both of us having tv shows and I want the same amount of money you make even though your show has a lot more viewers. I'm pretty sure male coaches for female teams make the wages of other coaches for the womans leagues, and if a woman coached a male team she should recieve the pay the other male coaches make.

Tell that to the Women's Basketball Coaches at Stanford, UConn and Tennessee...they sell out their home games, EVERYTIME, they have winning records that go far beyond many of their male counterparts that get paid far more.

I definitely see where you are coming from, but male coaches at the University level, (of course, pro is FAAAAAAAAAAAR DIFFERENT) if they win, they get paid far more than the other coaches. For women, that is not necessarily the case. The ratio is just far different.

But I do see your point...:yay:

I come from a football coaching family, so I definitely understand the point of...."if you win, you get the big bucks...." My uncle was a 9x Texas State Champion football coach, named Coach of the Century by Sportscasters, and was asked by people like Parcells, Landry, and others to come coach for them in the Pros. He loved Texas HS football, he loved to teach, so he turned them down....but he gave them a lot of advice. So, with all of that said, I definitely understand the reasons for the difference in pay to some regard.

What I bolded above is something that I think would be interesting to research, if I get some time I'll check it out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"