Wondering if this has any clout....?

Majmun

Civilian
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I just read it in Greg's Yahoo movie preview and was wondering if it has any clout....

Greg's Movie Preview said:
10/06/06 - In an interesting twist (if you know the history of Galactus in the comic books), model-turned-actress Beau Garrett has been cast as Frankie Raye, who is described as a scientist and romantic interest for Johnny Storm. If you don't want to see spoilers about what this possibly means for the premise of the movie, stop reading here; skip the next paragraph. Instead, go over to Beau's Yahoo! Model of the Month entry from a few years ago. Enjoy.
If Frankie Raye didn't exist in the comics, this little bit of news would hardly be worth mentioning. But, that's not the case, because Frankie Raye was a character who discovered that she had the ability to turn into flames like the Human Torch (because of exposure to experiments by her scientist father), and when Galactus made a return trip to Earth to once again try to munch away all our natural resources, Frankie sacrificed herself to become his new herald, called Nova. In return for amazing amplification of her abilities (including being able to travel through space and immortality), Raye gave up all her ties to humanity, and basically, broke Johnny's heart. So, by including Frankie Raye in the cast, we're given a huge hint about where the story might go, if the Silver Surfer eventually revolts against Galactus (as he does in the comics). Of course, me knowing all this, and saying all this, is sort of a huge spoiler if you don't know the comics. For that, my apologies... but I just wanted to show that with this second movie, it appears the production is really drawing a lot from the comics, which is a very good thing.

That's how it happened in the comics... but this isn't 616...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"