• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Beau Garrett is Frankie Raye!

Malus said:
Actually, I'd say I was admonishing you for lack of tact and manners.
I wouldn't put grammar at the top of your "needs work" list, but yeah, it's a concern and could affect your final grade.
But you're welcome.
Well, next time I'll call you 'Sir' or 'Madame' in this forum of fiction, that should bring my mannerism up a notch, how's that? Being that everything I say must be to your liking.;)
Tim Story (as the director) filmed what he was told. Don't be naive.
Great, he does what he's told, like a good boy. I think it's you who's being naive, naive to think that the director had little to no power, over whether a classic character will or will not be featured on the toilet reaching for toilet tissue. This my friend is ******ed filmmaking at its worst. His decisions and vision lapse, the proof is in his work. And yet, he's being handed Marvel's most epic characters (Silver Surfer/Galactus), you damn right I'm worried, I've seen his work. He has nothing to prove to me or to you, however, he should prove to himself that he's at least worthy of turning out a decent film, or choose another career.

There's something I think that you should note here, Silver Surfer and Galactus combined, the scope and the power that these characters hold, should be bigger than anything in Lord of the Rings or Star Wars.

They're that epic...and you wonder why I worry about Tim Story at the helm.
And given the trainwreck of a script he was saddled with (and being hired at the 11th hour) I'm sure he found himself overseeing plenty of crap scenes he was praying would be left out in the end.
A lot of those CRAP SCENES made its way into the final product (I guess no blame should be put on the director for that in your eyes, eh?), not to mention, that it was directed with the skill, vision and determination of a wounded sloth.
The idea that Story had any veto-power over which scenes would be shot is really funny.
Still, it's worth pointing out (once again) that were it not for Story, Doom would have had no mask, no hood and no cape.
Ah-ha, so Tim Story did have some power after all (he wasn't just a tool), which means, if you can give him credit for the good, you also have to give him credit for the bad. And the BAD out weighed the GOOD. I'm not one who believes that Story was innocent in the making of the first film. And I'll cut him no slack at all for the sequel--as he now is given more power.
A good director can make a bad script into a bearable movie.
That's what I think happened with FF1.
A good director, a bearable movie...are we still talking about Tim Story?

If there is a good or even great director in this man, it has to show with this film, no excuses.:o

I SEE SPIDEY said:
Then the movie would be boring:oldrazz: ...seriously F4 isn't gold, but Ridley's movies bore the hell out of me
Boring for you, satisfying for me, and those who want to watch something more than a cute romp with empty characters in the theaters.:o
and his brother's hurt my head.
His brother doesn't exist in my world. ;)

Visionary said:
Actually, I'd say I was admonishing you for lack of tact and manners.
I wouldn't put grammar at the top of your "needs work" list, but yeah, it's a concern and could affect your final grade.
But you're welcome.
Well, next time I'll call you 'Sir' or 'Madame' in this forum of fiction, that should bring my mannerism up a notch, how's that? Being that everything I say must be to your liking.;)

Great, he does what he's told, like a good boy. I think it's you who's being naive, naive to think that the director had little to no power, over whether a classic character was featured on the toilet reaching for toilet tissue. This my friend is ******ed filmmaking at its worst. His decisions and vision lapse, the proof is in his work. And yet, he's being handed Marvel's most epic characters (Silver Surfer/Galactus), you damn right I'm worried, I've seen his work. He has nothing to prove to me or to you, however, he should prove to himself that he's at least worthy of turning out a decent film, or choose another career.

There's something I think that you should note here, Silver Surfer and Galactus combined, the scope and the power that these characters hold, should be bigger than anything in Lord of the Rings or Star Wars.

They're that epic...and you wonder why I worry about Tim Story at the helm.

A lot of those CRAP SCENES made its way into the final product (I guess no blame should be put on the director for that in your eyes, eh?), not to mention, that it was directed with the skill, vision and determination of a wounded sloth.

Ah-ha, so Tim Story did have some power after all (he wasn't just a tool), which means, if you can give him credit for the good, you also have to give him credit for the bad. And the BAD out weighed the GOOD. I'm not one who believes that Story was innocent in the making of the first film. And I'll cut him no slack at all for the sequel--as he now is given more power.

A good director, a bearable movie...are we still talking about Tim Story?

If there is a good or even great director in this man, it has to show with this film, no excuses.:o

It may be that your posts come off as kind of "high-minded" (I know more than you, my opinion is more valid, more educated, more fact) and some people may not take that well. I'm not saying that is your intention, but if it is, well be ready for some admonishment I guess. There are many around here that have an extensive knowledge of these guys, more knowledge than I would ever have I'm sure, and yet they post without sounding the way I described. The enjoyment, the quality, of movies is in the eye of the beholder. Some enjoyed this movie, some didn't, some thought Tim did a good job, some didn't. Its still an opinion. Which is cool with me. I actually agree with some of what you have said, but I agree with it as an opinion. I certainly don't think its fact because its the same as mine.

I think tact could go along way here. I'm having to learn alittle of that myself. AND a sense of humor. I'm waiting for my english lesson from Malus, but I won't take it personally, just fun. To me its more in the "way" you post, rather than the words in your post. I would rather people see the words in my post and simply agree or disagree, rather than the (look how great I am) wording of my post.

If I'm wrong in how I'm perceiving your posts, I apologize.

I'd like to know more about this storyline with Frankie Raye, but as I've stated before, I'm not "all for" anything that takes away from the 4 themselves. I really hope that the 4 stay the main focus, and it doesn't get too crowded.

You know, I think I'd go see just about anything Beau Garrett is in :)

My opinions come off as just that, "MY OPINIONS," nothing more and nothing less.:)

Visionary said:
Every production is a different story in terms of a director's pull. I know what Tim was given to work with, I know he's capable of making a solid film (Barbershop) I know he's a lifelong FF fan, and we all know this is FOX we're talking about. It didn't surprise me at all that we got a very underwhelming FF film as a result.
There's plenty of blame to go around, and I've never said Story shouldn't bear a sizable portion of that blame. No argument there.

But to call the man "a f---ing ******" as you did (in the relative comfort zone of the Spidey 3 board) is just plain low class and inflammatory. That one childish remark tells us more about you than all the poorly-worded retorts you can put together.
And you've indicated no regret for making the statement; you've only blathered on in weak defense of it.

Visionary said:
Ah-ha, so Tim Story did have some power after all (he wasn't just a tool), which means, if you can give him credit for the good, you also have to give him credit for the bad. And the BAD out weighed the GOOD.

Again :rolleyes: I never said Story had no influence or power whatsoever. He can't be let off the hook, and I haven't seen anyone suggest that. But to tar and feather the guy like he was Joel Shoemacher is just ridiculous, nevermind stooping to calling him offensive names.
My point was that Dr. Doom's look was at least one good thing that Tim put up a fight for. If Rothman had had his way, Doom would have never donned an iron mask.

By the way, who made the bad call to put a frozen-faced "Power Rangers" Goblin mask on one of our most expressive actors in Spidey 1? Was that Raimi or Sony?

Visionary said:
I'll cut him no slack at all for the sequel--as he now is given more power. If there is a good or even great director in this man, it has to show with this film, no excuses.:o

Complete agreement there.

Malus said:
But to call the man "a f---ing ******" as you did (in the relative comfort zone of the Spidey 3 board) is just plain low class and inflammatory. That one childish remark tells us more about you than all the poorly-worded retorts you can put together. And you've indicated no regret for making the statement; you've only blathered on in weak defense of it.

Again :rolleyes: I never said Story had no influence or power whatsoever. He can't be let off the hook, and I haven't seen anyone suggest that. But to tar and feather the guy like he was Joel Shoemacher is just ridiculous, nevermind stooping to calling him offensive names.
My point was that Dr. Doom's look was at least one good thing that Tim put up a fight for. If Rothman had had his way, Doom would have never donned an iron mask.

He put Reed Richards on the TOILET man, what the hell do you want me say about him, call him a genius? I've heard worst things said about Joel Schumacker for his Batman flick, and as crappy as that movie was, at least none of the characters were featured on the toilet. That's ******ed filmmaking, that's why I called him a ******. Maybe that will change when I see something of FF2, or the entire film itself...fingers crossed.

"In the relative comfort zone of the Spidey 3 board"

I'm completely comfortable on every board I visit. Of course, some people (knowing I'm a Spidey fan) think that I shouldn't have an opinion on anything that isn't Spider-Man related for some asinine reason. And they keep bringing up Spider-Man in trying turn my words against me. Like you're doing below.:o

By the way, who made the bad call to put a frozen-faced "Power Rangers" Goblin mask on one of our most expressive actors in Spidey 1? Was that Raimi or Sony?
Raimi, without a doubt, he's the director and he even admitted that Sony gave him damn-near full control over the film. If I don't like something about Spider-Man's films, Raimi gets the blame, period. You put your name on the movie as the director, you get paid as the director, so you get the blame or praise as the director.

Complete agreement there.
Barney Says: I like agreeing, although it makes me grind my teeth.

Visionary said:
My opinions come off as just that, "MY OPINIONS," nothing more and nothing less.:)

In your opinion of course.:yay:

Visionary said:
He put Reed Richards on the TOILET man, what the hell do you want me say about him, call him a genius? I've heard worst things said about Joel Schumacker for his Batman flick, and as crappy as that movie was, at least none of the characters were featured on the toilet. That's ******ed filmmaking, that's why I called him a ******. Maybe that will change when I see something of FF2, or the entire film itself...fingers crossed.

I'm completely comfortable on every board I visit. Of course, some people (knowing I'm a Spidey fan) think that I shouldn't have an opinion on anything that isn't Spider-Man related for some asinine reason. And they keep bringing up Spider-Man in trying turn my words against me. Like you're doing below.

Scientists don't sit on the toilet? and we didn't "see" him on the toilet. I'm not a big fan of that little song scenario either. But, IMO it certainly didn't merit a "f****** ******". Very classy.

Visionary said:

I'm completely comfortable on every board I visit. Of course, some people (knowing I'm a Spidey fan) think that I shouldn't have an opinion on anything that isn't Spider-Man related for some asinine reason. And they keep bringing up Spider-Man in trying turn my words against me. Like you're doing below.

You seem comfortable in reading your own type, so to speak. As in "hearing yourself talk". I don't know you from any board but here, I don't go to any other board. So my thoughts above have nothing to do with more than what I've seen you post here. Sorry your latest post only strengthens mine. IMO of course.:yay: And to say that Malus doesn't like your opinion because you are a Spidey fan is ridiculously childish. How about we all move on, back to the topic at hand. Give your opinion as opinion as in maybe use an "in my opinion" every once in awhile, and its all good.

My only problem with Frankie is good golly, it is getting crowded. :woot: You have SS, Sue, Reed. You have Ben, and Alecia. Now you have Frankie and Johnny. Then you have Galctus and Dr. Doom on top of that. Great problem to have. Just hope Tim can juggle it all. Wow. :wow: This movie will have more twists and turns then a soap opera.

Carp Man said:
My only problem with Frankie is good golly, it is getting crowded. :woot: You have SS, Sue, Reed. You have Ben, and Alecia. Now you have Frankie and Johnny. Then you have Galctus and Dr. Doom on top of that. Great problem to have. Just hope Tim can juggle it all. Wow. :wow: This movie will have more twists and turns then a soap opera.

Depends on the running time. If its hacked down to the magic 90 minute mark Fox seem to love so much it's hard to see how they can handle so much and do it well in a limited TV movie length run-time. Hopefully Fox will allow Story to shoot and cut this film in a manner that will do this story justice...can't say I'm confident of that though.

wobbly said:
Depends on the running time. If its hacked down to the magic 90 minute mark Fox seem to love so much it's hard to see how they can handle so much and do it well in a limited TV movie length run-time. Hopefully Fox will allow Story to shoot and cut this film in a manner that will do this story justice...can't say I'm confident of that though.

I'm always wary of the Fox editing idiots, but I don't think they would pay for so many actors, then cut them. POTC has shown, you make a good fun movie that the public likes, they will sit thru 2 and a half hours, and return for more. SR, and POTC both we're 2 and a half hours, and the #'s speak for themselfs.

ummm.... hating on Raimi, hating on Story, hating on Singer....... well, I can see people hating on Singer, but anyway, FF was good.... not Spiderman/Batman good, but good, and I expect FF2 to be even better. Everyone is entitle to their opinion..... here's mine.

Don't be a hater, be a congradulator.

BTW I hate her being cast as a possible NOVA at some point in the franchise.

TripleF said:
Scientists don't sit on the toilet? and we didn't "see" him on the toilet. I'm not a big fan of that little song scenario either. But, IMO it certainly didn't merit a "f****** ******". Very classy.
Yeah, it did.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"