Woody Allen's "Irrational Man" (Joaquin Phoenix, Emma Stone)

kvz5

HBIC
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/joaquin-phoenix-in-next-woody-allen-movie/?

Joaquin Phoenix has finalized a deal to star in the next film directed by Woody Allen, which I’m hearing is going to begin shooting in July. As per usual there’s not much known Allen’s projects before they really get going, but his past two have been gangbusters Midnight In Paris and Blue Jasmine, the latter landing its star Cate Blanchett the Best Actress Oscar this year. The writer-director’s next pic in his seemingly endless pipeline is romantic comedy Magic In The Moonlight, about an Englishman brought in to help unmask a possible swindle in the south of France in the 1920s against a backdrop of wealthy mansions, the Côte d’Azur, jazz joints and fashionable spots for the wealthy of the Jazz Age.

Phoenix is coming off Spike Jonze’s Oscar-nommed Her, which earned the actor a Golden Globe nom, and he just finished Inherent Vice for Paul Thomas Anderson. He his repped by WME and attorney David Weber.

Allen directing Phoenix?

Ticket bought.

Sign me up. Can't wait for Magic in the Moonlight (hope it plays in Phoenix on the 25th). I also really like Emma Stone, so if she's his new muse, bring it on!

I would pay good money to be Joaquin's "stunt double" for this scene.:cwink:

Hey Doctor Strange is stealing away Spider-Mans girlfriend

Joaquin you lucky bastard! :argh: Look's like Woody Allen has a new muse in Emma Stone. Any director would be damn lucky to have her, as his leading lady. :)

Just saw Magic in the Moonlight. If Emma is his new muse, then I saw bring it on!

So this is a thing that happened on a set. You go Joaquin.

They are although I think the age difference is a part of the story.

Also, I unintentionally got the ending of this film spoiled for me. :funny:

Looks pretty good. Any word on the US release date?

CF4pf04W8AED-gC.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"