Transformers Word from Bay and crew about leaked pics (and other news)

November Rain said:
ah man, there were tons of documentaries about the film before it even came out that showed the making of the film and the cgi dinosaurs...

it's pretty much the same for me.

it's a brave move and only if you have 100% confidence in your work should one even consider it.

If I remember correctly (and JP holds the record for how many times I saw a movie in the theater... 5 times) they showed a lot of the Bronto's (Brachiasourus?), and herds, and stuff like that beforehand. They didn't show a lot of the Raptors... which were arguably the stars of that movie.

But my recollection might be fuzzy. It was High School after all.

I'd like to see at least one TF head and partial body. I don't need to see them transform or fight it out or whatever. But at least *something*.

Or else I will just assume this is another Godzilla 98.

besides, the Transformers are actual talking characters whereas the dinos from JP are...animals. They need to show someone from the team, in the first trailer. Someone.

It's like not showing Superman in any of the trailers. How can you sale the title characters when you can't even see them?

In one of the trailers. The T-Rex was shown in full glory during another one. ;)

Spark said:
In one of the trailers. The T-Rex was shown in full glory during another one. ;)

Yeah, I don't remember particularly surprised by the dinos in JP... and I went first night (and 5 times over the next few weeks). They were no big secret.

I was however astounded by some of the animation (particularly the Raptors)... and.. and... the SOUND effects in that movie. I was floored.
It was the first movie with 5 or 6.1 DTS instead of just plain Surround wasn't it?

But, the dinos? They were no secret. Spielberg was confident enough to show them off.... unlike Bay with these robots.

CFlash said:
But, the dinos? They were no secret. Spielberg was confident enough to show them off.... unlike Bay with these robots.
as if its his decision to make:rolleyes: ......

Yeah, I was nauseas five minutes into my first showing and had to leave but I saw it 3 times overall. It's the most excited I've ever been for a movie and I think my little tummy couldn't handle it. :o

But like you say, the dinos were the selling point and the guys in charge knew they wouldn't hinder the movie in any way (quite the opposite infact). I'm sure Prime and Bumblebee will look like cool robots but I think it's clear some of the guys in charge of this movie are confident they'll look like cool Transformers of the same name.

Time will tell but they're one nil down on the alt-modes.

PS: Oh and they showed images of the dinosaurs on TV and in newspapers prior to the movie so the trailer is besides the point.

xwolverine2 said:
as if its his decision to make:rolleyes: ......
Oh yeah, Bay is so powerless.

Sorry but he's ruling the roost right now. ;)

xwolverine2 said:
prove it.
Flame Prime. There's about three and a half people at Paramount who think this is a good idea and one of them is Michael Bay. The others are merely dust in the wind.

Don't believe me?
Prove me wrong.

;)

Spark said:
Flame Prime. There's about three and a half people at Paramount who think this is a good idea and one of them is Michael Bay. The others are merely dust in the wind.

Don't believe me?
Prove me wrong.

;)
thats not proof

Spark said:
And neither's that. ^

But it doesn't make my post any less correct.
it doesnt make your post make any sense:confused:

thats not proof that hes in charge of marketing.

xwolverine2 said:
it doesnt make your post make any sense:confused:

thats not proof that hes in charge of marketing.
I was merely kidding around with my post (even though it's most likely true ;)), but yes, he's not in charge of marketing or whatever. That doesn't mean he won't have a big say, especially after he slammed Dreamworks for poor marketing of The Island.

Although it wasn't an overly attractive film anyway as far as summer blockbusters go. I didn't bother with it myself even though he was directing Transformers.

Spark said:
I was merely kidding around with my post (even though it's most likely true ;)), but yes, he's not in charge of marketing or whatever. That doesn't mean he won't have a big say, especially after he slammed Dreamworks for poor marketing of The Island.

Although it wasn't an overly attractive film anyway as far as summer blockbusters go. I didn't bother with it myself even though he was directing Transformers.
you havent seen The island?

you should....... just to get an idea of how he makes a blockbuster.and it was pretty good....except for some scenes which were bland

xwolverine2 said:
you havent seen The island?

you should....... just to get an idea of how he makes a blockbuster.and it was pretty good....except for some scenes which were bland
I bought the DVD (just didn't see it in cinemas). It's enjoyable but not very inspiring when it comes to rewatchability. There's no real exceptional scenes of drama or action, bar the trucks flipping over which makes up ten seconds of the movie.

Shakespeare compared to Armegeddon but lacking in those scenes you can skip to after a few beers. ;)

I'm sure Transformers will have those 'exceptional' scenes though, so I'm not concerned on that score at all

Spark said:
I bought the DVD (just didn't see it in cinemas). It's enjoyable but not very inspiring when it comes to rewatchability. There's no real exceptional scenes of drama or action, bar the trucks flipping over which makes up ten seconds of the movie.

Shakespeare compared to Armegeddon but lacking in those scenes you can skip to after a few beers. ;)

I'm sure Transformers will have those 'exceptional' scenes though, so I'm not concerned on that score at all
i agree 100%:up:

I hope he looks nothing like that at all. His waist, arms and legs are way too skinny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"