Working From Home And Remote Learning Thread

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Detective Conan, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Detective Conan Registered

This thread is primarily for those who are employed or going to school(or both) but have been forced to do either of those things remotely due to the circumstances relating to the pandemic. What’s the experience like for you? Please detail your experiences in this thread.

#1 Detective Conan, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  2. MissMarvelous87 Registered

I hate it! I do both online and sometimes it feels like drowning.

Work is manageable, however... My teaching training classes not so much! I need my hard copy books! I'm not a paperless person in this regard.

For work, though, I still need some app to keep track of many tasks and whether if I need to schedule a second action, i.e. send a reminder to the client or something else, check that something has been done, etc. Any good and free recommendation?

3. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

Lets see, I've got an arms length reach to my computer, the remote and the fridge? Things are getting done and I'm in the comfort of my own home. Not complaining. Yet.

4. Silvermoth Avenger

I’m loving working with zoom. Anyone got any virtual background tips? I’ve already used egypt, the coral reef from finding nemo and the avengers endgame one the marvel account tweeted out. Sfw obviously

5. ComicChick I Work Too Much

i admit i never even heard of zoom before this all started happening. is it like a skype call?

6. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Yeah pretty much

7. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

It’s videoconferencing with the benefit that you can have a very large of number of people in the call at the same time, which makes it useful for virtual team meetings.

8. MissMarvelous87 Registered

I've warned about Zoom, though! It seems that it's way too easy for others to get into your computer and have access to your information. Sensitive info, as bank account, credit cards, etc etc.

No matter which device you use it with: computer, tablet or cellphone.