Comics Worst ever Plot Twists?

I loved the Twelve too, I wrote the marvel.com/universe entry on them :D

I was there for the Twelve too. It was pretty cool, but could've been so much better.

Yeah I felt all this buildup and then a sort of predictable outcome. But it was still good. I feel the whole Destiny's Diaries still has interesting elements to it, but that's been thrown to the wayside too.

What ever happened to the buildup? It seems like some things just kept lingering and slowly growing, and you had this long chain of elaborate connected events? Oh well.

And I can't believe that worthless Onyxx creation of Milligan's survived the post-M-Day crap...and other good characters had to lose their powers!

Cassandra is the best new villain in ten years.

triplefive said:
No, I liked the "search for Cyclops" aftermath of it.

Wow the team actually cared enough to search for Cyclops??? I thought they finally gained closure when they asked Wolverine to sh** on his grave!!:cmad: :cmad:

Just kidding guys. I freaking love Cyke!!! The poor dude gets no respect though!:woot: :woot:

Worst plot twists? I dunno I erase anything I don't like from continuity so I can't really remember any. Best way to read comics imo, especially in X-Men!

So why do some of you have a problem with Cassandra Nova? I've only read some of that story, but it seems an interesting concept to me.

(By the way, a lot of these posts are gold. Keep it up ;))

Jubei. said:
One that springs to my mind actually is one that retcons an already good plot twist. Xorn turned out to be Magneto all along (the good twist), yet the new writers revealed that it was really Xorn under the influence of Sublime, pretending to be Magneto. This way they could introduce Xorn's twin brother and therefore reinstate the character.
Completely agree. Having Magneto turn out to be Xorn was one of the single best plot twists ever.

Everything following that, however, was pure editorial clusterfck. We thought that Bendis somehow fixed it in House of M with the convo between Wanda and Strange, but then he went back and fcked it all up again in New Avengers with Xorn being some kind of collective conscience nonsense that took over Magneto again and what what what in the hell?????

Nepenthes said:
Cassandra is the best new villain in ten years.

Though to play devil's advocate, that's not saying very much.

I don't like her all that much, and I just don't think she's all that great.....

I too hated her at the beginning but I've grown to appreciate her.

Another confusing plot that kinda went unsaid was when Sinister started making clones of the Mauraders. Even Psylocke was like....wha?

I think it was pretty stupid of the X-MEn to allow known Marauders like Scalphunter and Arclight into the 198 camp... don't they know Sinister owns them completely? Can they really be so stupid to allow Sinister to gain a foothold within their own mansion?

Harlekin said:
I too hated her at the beginning but I've grown to appreciate her.

Her origins were kinda lame, but as a villain herself, I really like her as the X-Men just really don't have villains on her scale anymore. Apocalypse is a joke, Magneto's powerless (and a quasi-hero to boot), Juggernaut's depowered and a member of Excalibur...

And along comes Cassandra, who not only breaks the rules for every superpowered comicbook woman, but she does so while oozing evil from every pore.

There are no more villains, Emma is an X-Man, Raven is an X-Man, Sabretooth is an X-Man... who's left from the old guard? Sinister? Since he has 2 ex-X-Men with himself they're probably going to start X-Horsemen or something and he'll be "good" too... Wanda should've said "No More Villains", it would've be more accurate.

sebita said:
I think it was pretty stupid of the X-MEn to allow known Marauders like Scalphunter and Arclight into the 198 camp... don't they know Sinister owns them completely? Can they really be so stupid to allow Sinister to gain a foothold within their own mansion?

This made no sense to me either. I mean it was bad enough that they were allowed to "camp out" with the 198 but then Apocalypse shows up, they side with him, he gets beat, and they just stay there. Huh? What are Scott and Emma thinking?

sebita said:

Sinister doesn't own them....before 198 the last time I saw Scalphunter was near the end of Weapon X and he was hiring Sabertooth to kill Sinister...though I think it might have been a big set up.....I don't recall now.

Cassandra just seemed silly to me...her Debut was to kill 16 million mutants, it just seemed forced that they wanted her to be really evil.

But I agree that the X-men need some more villains......

I say Tha Humans should once again turn on mutants, The Sentinels need to come back in force....Not these manned Sentinel Squad Crap..That reminds me you guys never mentioed that in all the list of villains that are now good.....the Sentinels.

Anywa We need the Sentinels back and for Magneto to wage war on humanity in full force with the New Acolytes and the Brotherhood....The brotherhood for the big Terrorist like spectacles and the Acolytes for more covert type deals and personal protection.

Sinister needs a huge ass plot.......

Back to Magneto, he puts his **** back together and abviously comes to Mystique, and there is a big issue of wether or not she will betray the x-men from within......she doesn't but some x-man does....i dunno who, maybe Iceman or something, someone who's family got killed by humans becaise they produced a mtant or something, something huge for a hardcore hero x-man to hate humantiy despite all they've done.

The X-men need some big fight with the brood again or something, or a battle ith the imperial guard..........something huge and some big big villains.

Sauron shouldcome back and kick some ass.

He was kind of a joke in New Avengers, wasn't he? And since when does he breathe fire?

Cyclops said:
He was kind of a joke in New Avengers, wasn't he? And since when does he breathe fire?
He could always breath fire

....he just chose never to use it before then so hed have the element of suprise.

(LOL@your sig Cyc... classic episode :woot: )

Roughneck said:
The X-men need some big fight with the brood again or something, or a battle ith the imperial guard..........something huge and some big big villains.

Be nice if the X-Men had some new villains...but no more space stuff, please! Both the Uncanny and Astonishing teams are out there now, so for the next 6 months we will have to deal with that.

Exodus is suppose to be back in X-Men, so that will be interesting.

Now why are you hating on Bachalo? Do you just not like his style? I think its different and smooth looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"