Comics Worst ever Plot Twists?

It was much better thirteen years ago. Now it's too cluttered. Too difficult to tell what's going on from panel to panel. He's lost sight of storytelling technique in favor of weird and eclectic style.

I don't like the style....I actually don't mind the wa yhe draes women, they come out nice looking, but all the guys come out looking like crazy old women.

His art work is too convoluted, there is always all kinds of **** flying all over in the background, for some reason his stories always have some weird ass monsters in them, and he just tries to overcomplicate his drawings, like randomly giving Storm beaded dreadlocks and giving Sabertooth wierd little studs all over his costume.

He changes costumes completely for no reason, he cannot raw Rogue in anything but what she wore in the AOA.

I am not arguing his talent, I just hate hsi style, him and Mafhood both, though Bachalo used to be good back on Gen X. Just now he sucks and I can't even stand to read the story and that upsets me cause I am sure I am missing something good.

I just can't look at that crapand see no reason for him to be on a mainstream book.

Well, again, we must agree to disagree. I love his stuff and dig his style. But hey, I guess its not for everyone. I look forward to his stuff on X-men though.

Cyclops said:
It was much better thirteen years ago. Now it's too cluttered. Too difficult to tell what's going on from panel to panel. He's lost sight of storytelling technique in favor of weird and eclectic style.

That is precicely what I was trying to say only less rant.

Example:

Good
art_bachgenx.jpg

Bad
uxm421.gif

Look at Nightcrawler and Angel's Faces

During his craptastic AOA Mini there were people on the boards who weren't sure who characters were....there was an argument over wether a guy was Nightcrawler or Gambit....it was Dazzler.....Okay it wasn't Dazzler but folks didn't know who the hell it was.

And I think it is an absolute insult that Diamond's AOA Mini Bust line is based of of Bachalo's art.....He is making me hate the AOA.

No I mean I see where you are coming from, Kudos to the guy from Breaking the Norm, just shame on Quesada for keeping him around after it.

Is Bachalo the same guy who draws the segment where Wolverine, Cyclops, and Fantomex tackle Ultimaton? I really dislike his style. I'm not fond of Igor Kordey's either.

However, I am a fan of Phill Jimenez's work. Is anyone else?

Roughneck said:
If it wasnt for Nightcrawlers big nose, I kinda like this picture. Whos that girl? Is it Lifeguard?

Xorn. Always and forever.

X-23. I have a personal vendetta against her character.

Wolverine is liek D-E-A-D! OMG!1!2!! Except not. That was actually a skrull posing as Wolverine. The real, real, real Wolverine is :dramatic pause: A HORSEMAN! Of course! It all makes sense now! :huh: :csad:

Search For Cyclops. I liked the merging of Cyclops and Apocalypse. It was a cool twist. I even cried a little, but the aftermath sucked. A lot. Mostly I blame Anais. I loathed her with a fiery, fiery passion.

Psylocke's death. And her inevitable resurrection. Stoopid.

And Joseph. Wait. I actually liked Joseph. Move along, nothing to see here. :yay:

And how could I forget.... I think it was in Uncanny X-Men (?!) where Gambit, Cable, Jean etc. ended up on slave market. Sigh. :csad: At least Storm got to kick ass.

bengan said:
If it wasnt for Nightcrawlers big nose, I kinda like this picture. Whos that girl? Is it Lifeguard?
Husk.

Roughneck said:
And I think it is an absolute insult that Diamond's AOA Mini Bust line is based of of Bachalo's art.....He is making me hate the AOA.
WOWZER

i was just looking for pics of the busts to see what they look like and stumbles across this lil baby...

rogue1.jpg

rogue4.jpg

Classic X-Men moment. Want that statue soooooooo bad :)

Roughneck said:
I thought it was a little Hackneyed to make three X-men become Horsemen.

Oh and Villains always wanting Storm as thier Queen

Just waiting for that day when Black Panther turns to the darkside. Only villians and those with evil in their hearts want Storm as their Queen.

^Ha, now that would be a cool plot twist. Storm...she can't get a break.

X-Men 45... that was my first X-Men issue y'know... good old days...

Snikt 6 said:
Exodus is suppose to be back in X-Men, so that will be interesting.

Word? I love Exodus. So much potential. They built him up big during Bloodties, then made him Magneto's lackey and a jobber. All Exodus needs is a good storyline and he could be a great foil to the X-Men.

usagicassidy said:
What moment?

You know, when Rogue threw all common sense out the window and bared alot of skin because Jim Lee gave her plastic surgery to make her incredibly sexy.

Now that you mention it ... it did start in Uncanny 267, in that SAvage LAnd issue, where she was almost naked and powerless... Jim Lee was the culprit of Rogue's bastardization!

Hey, if I had the power of draining people's energy and absorbing their memories just by touching them, and then it was suddenly gone, I'd run around naked!

I just got Uncanny 235-238... since we're talking about Rogue... in 237, the Chief Magistrate Anderson says that the guards took some "liberties" with Rogue while they put her in her jail, she was powerless and naked... it did sound awful the way she talked about it... do you think she was raped? She certainly made it sound that way, and it wasn't quite cleared afterwards (I do remember some mention to it during X-Tinction Agenda)

tamron said:
Word? I love Exodus. So much potential. They built him up big during Bloodties, then made him Magneto's lackey and a jobber. All Exodus needs is a good storyline and he could be a great foil to the X-Men.

Exodus would be a great villian....or could be one.....and I think Carey is the one to bring some fight in him. I look forward to X-Men 200....should be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"