Worst Movies of the Year for 2006!

Shuley

Sidekick
Reaction score
Ok What's the worst Movies of the year that you've seen.

Mine are Superman Returns and Miami Vice.

Shuley said:
Ok What's the worst Movies of the year that you've seen.

Mine are Superman Returns and Miami Vice.

Great year for you then, if those are the worst films you saw!

I watched The Wicker Man and An American Haunting. Extremely mediocre films.

Glad I missed Aragorn or whatever it's called. ;)

Date Movie.

Worst. Movie. Of. 2006.
Contest over.

Kevin Roegele said:
Glad I missed Aragorn or whatever it's called. ;)
Yes, be very thankful. That had the least developed characters in a movie I've ever seen in my life. :huh:

Never saw Date Movie! I was wise to avoid it! :)

The Promise (Chinese film) - 1/10
Ultraviolet - 3/10
Tristan & Isolde - 4/10
Poseidon - 5/10
X-Men 3 - 5/10

Catman said:
Never saw Date Movie! I was wise to avoid it! :)

same here. I'm usually pretty good with my movie picks,But I usually like to go see what all the critics are raving about.

I don't watch bad movies.

It's awesome.

In reverse order, with Date Movie been the worst, these were all failures or near it.

Failure to Launch
Inside
School for Scoundrels
Friends With Money
Taladega Nights: the Ballad of Ricky Bobby
Click
Firewall
World Trade Center
The Sasquatch Dumpling Gang
How to Eat Fried Worms
Scary Movie 4
Date Movie

THE DA VINCI CODE

Who knew that controversy could be so boring? Well, considering all the talent and buzz behind this film, the movie couldn't have been duller. We get a script with awful dialogue and characters so thin that nobody is able to do much of anything with them. The story has no real drive, no suspense, no pulse. Furthermore, the story (which is absolutely laughable and based on incorrect history) is treated so seriously, when this movie was in serious need of a great deal of humor. It's like watching NATIONAL TREASURE without the entertainment value.

Agentsands77 said:
THE DA VINCI CODE

Who knew that controversy could be so boring? Well, considering all the talent and buzz behind this film, the movie couldn't have been duller. We get a script with awful dialogue and characters so thin that nobody is able to do much of anything with them. The story has no real drive, no suspense, no pulse. Furthermore, the story (which is absolutely laughable and based on incorrect history) is treated so seriously, when this movie was in serious need of a great deal of humor. It's like watching NATIONAL TREASURE without the entertainment value.
Historical controversy aside, I thought the movie was brilliantly done.

But hey, I may be alone in this.

Danger Mouse said:
Historical controversy aside, I thought the movie was brilliantly done.
Historical controversy has nothing to do with why I dislike THE DA VINCI CODE. It does hurt it that it tries to play it straight - I'm supposed to buy Mary lying beneath the Louve pyramid with a straight face? A little wink and a little nod would have gone a long way.

And then there's also the long list of complaints I have against the craftsmanship of this film (mostly related to the awful script, which makes the big mistake of being fairly faithful to Brown's terrible, terrible novel).

But hey, I may be alone in this.
I don't think so, but I don't think you're standing with the majority, either. But hey, who am I to talk? I think HANNIBAL is better than SILENCE OF THE LAMBS.

Some of you love hyperbole, or at least just want to seem 'extreme' by mentioning big movies instead of the truly worst movies of the year.

Of what I have seen here is my worst 5:

Date Movie
Bloodrayne
White Noise
Stay Alive
Annapolis

There was alot fo crappy films but the worst have to be John Tucker must die and Superman Returns.

jaydawg said:
Not till I say Hostel.
Ooh. HOSTEL. If I had seen it, I bet it would be my #1 worst film of the year.

And can I just say I can't believe the hate for SUPERMAN RETURNS? Okay, so the movie was flawed - but was it really that painful to sit through? (Personally, I dug it.)

^ I will agree that for as much of a letdown SR was, It isn't the worst movie of the year

Art School confidential was brutle, Lady in the Water was rough, Hostel was bad (althought the 70's exploitation style poster kicks ass), When a Stranger Calls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"