Would a live-action Danny Phantom movie work?

ultimatefan

The Batman must come back
Reaction score
I think it´d be a good opportunity for a lighthearted and fun, but not self-satirical, superhero movie. Fine, Danny is a bit of a Peter Parker knock-off, but the whole idea of being a geeky impopular kid who´s also a ghost makes sense, and the show has funny colorful characters like Sam and Tucker and Danny´s ghost powers would be cool to see on the screen. The cartoon series actually a couple of pretty intense episodes, especially the ones where Danny found out he became evil in the future (was that based on the Peter David Hulk story where Hulk becomes a dictator or something like that in the future?)

Ive seen the cartoon but I dont like cuz they make it too funny n the jokes arent even funny.It would make a good movie but only if they made it a bit mature,then maybe it could work.

It could work if they do a decent mix of comedy and danger. Make a couple of the ghosts goofy and harmless, while others are pretty much on the spectrum of The Grudge or Poltergeist type scary. If his enemies are as goofy as he is like on the show, it doesn't really work.

I think it would need a pretty liberal addaptation. The show works as a cartoon because the format allows for pretty straight foward and somewhat two dimensional plots and characters. It would be hard to stay true to that essence and keep the film from being corny.

Sandman138 said:
I think it would need a pretty liberal addaptation. The show works as a cartoon because the format allows for pretty straight foward and somewhat two dimensional plots and characters. It would be hard to stay true to that essence and keep the film from being corny.
I see what you mean. I think the idea of the kid being half ghost would be put to good use in a more serious manner than it is in the cartoon. I wouldn´t want just an elongated episode of the show, cartoon movies like Flintstones and Scooby Doo are proof that it doesn´t work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"