Would a WildC.A.T.S movie work?

I think Wildcats, and Wildstorm in general, would have worked better when Wildstorm was its own thing. Optimally, something that could have been used to create a franchise of movies for some studio that does not already have one of its own, like Universal.

Sadly, never to be. And with Wildstorm fully owned by WB, I don't see any particular *use* for the WildCATS. Nothing they can do that WB can't otherwise do with a different, higher profile, franchise.

You're probably right, but who knows? There's supposedly going to be a Valiant cinematic universe, so maybe if DC Films straightens out and makes a ton of cash, WB will launch a Wildstorm universe as well. After all, most people didn't care about the Guardians of the Galaxy until the movie came out. Perhaps WB could find similar success with more obscure properties like WildCATs and Stormwatch.

The Authority would be a really interesting property to adapt. I remember there being rumors about an Authority movie a while back; not sure if any of them were true though.

Last edited:
Thing is, WB already has a super hero universe. I can't see them launching a second, competing, franchise of super hero movies. You never go out of your way to compete with yourself.

Yea as it stands now, WB owns those characters and there already knee deep in Justice League and the core DC characters. At best maybe one of the animated movies could be WildCats focused story. If they get the space properties off the ground like Lobo, Green lanterns, New Gods etc, we might see the Kherubim homeworld cameo, and maybe a few daemonites. Wouldn't be anytime soon anyway.

I squealed like a little girl when I saw Grifter in the Flashpoint animated movie though. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"