Would anyone here ever run for office?

I'll fly down to help you campaign.

"Ladies and gentleman, internet sensation Darthphere!!!"

*standing ovation*

"Thank you, thank you. I really appreciate it. Today isn't about me, it's about my good friend Norm. He has watched as the public education system has been destroyed from within. He stood up to the school board when everyone else did nothing. Forget about age, forget about experience, Norman has heart and character no other candidate can ever claim. He genuinely cares about our educational system, he cares about the future of our children. On election day, make the right choice for our children's lives, make the right choice for the future, Vote for Norm for a better tomorrow. Thank you!"

*band plays*

*Norm and I shake hands, man-hug*

*Get drunk*

I spent 8 years in the Bay County School Board. I witnessed as the quality of education collapsed over that term.
So you want to spend another 8 years watching the quality of education collapse?
Why not just do it from home so someone less passive can get involved?

So you want to spend another 8 years watching the quality of education collapse?
Why not just do it from home so someone less passive can get involved?

I want to get involved so I can do my best to improve the quality of education in my county. While I believe there are many, far more qualified people to do this than I, a most obvious statement if there ever was, so far the current school board members have been left unopposed. I will not let the same people be reelected with out being held responsible for their ineffectiveness. If they are going to be reelected, they will have to convince the people they deserve it.

I do not understand your comment about passiveness. If there was any adjective I would use to label myself, or this endeavor in particular, the last word I would use is "passive".

I'll fly down to help you campaign.

"Ladies and gentleman, internet sensation Darthphere!!!"

*standing ovation*

"Thank you, thank you. I really appreciate it. Today isn't about me, it's about my good friend Norm. He has watched as the public education system has been destroyed from within. He stood up to the school board when everyone else did nothing. Forget about age, forget about experience, Norman has heart and character no other candidate can ever claim. He genuinely cares about our educational system, he cares about the future of our children. On election day, make the right choice for our children's lives, make the right choice for the future, Vote for Norm for a better tomorrow. Thank you!"

*band plays*

*Norm and I shake hands, man-hug*

*Get drunk*

You are hired :up:

After a lot of discussion, I am investigating the possibility of running for a seat in the County School Board.

I spent 8 years in the Bay County School Board. I witnessed as the quality of education collapsed over that term. I witnessed a School Board and Superintedent that fought on trivial matters, agreed on horrendous ideas and were ripe with stupidity and incompetence. I am tired of it.

If nothing else, it will be a hell of a ride.

If you think you can make things better,than do it. I can say this,you won't make anything worse than it already is.

Norman, I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of you right now. Your concern and your desire to participate and do something to make a difference is inspirational. Especially coming from someone as young as you. Go for it, Norm. I absolutely believe that one person CAN make a difference. The result may not be immediate and you may face many barriers along the way but I hope that when that happens, you'll not admit defeat and you'll perservere. Change happens with action and you're going in the right direction. My best wishes to you in your effort to bring about change in an area that is very close to my heart. Thank you and good luck!

Norman, if you do this I'm telling you that as of right now you have $50 from me for campaign finances. It's not a lot, it's all I can afford right now.

Norman, I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of you right now. Your concern and your desire to participate and do something to make a difference is inspirational. Especially coming from someone as young as you. Go for it, Norm. I absolutely believe that one person CAN make a difference. The result may not be immediate and you may face many barriers along the way but I hope that when that happens, you'll not admit defeat and you'll perservere. Change happens with action and you're going in the right direction. My best wishes to you in your effort to bring about change in an area that is very close to my heart. Thank you and good luck!

Thank you for your incredibly kind words, Bella. At first I saw this idea as more a publicity stunt than a serious campaign. I mean - who would elect me? But the more and more research I do, the more people I talk to - I have the feeling that I could pull this out, or at least that I should take a serious run at going for it.

I know that if people met me, they would see how serious and dedicated I am on this issue - so I am going to try to go simple door to door as much as possible in Bay County.

Norman, if you do this I'm telling you that as of right now you have $50 from me for campaign finances. It's not a lot, it's all I can afford right now.

I am truly honored. I know you are about my age - so I think I fully understand just how large that donation is. I am incredibly humbled.

I am working on getting the petitions out now. There probably won't be much in way of real news until I get the 1020 signatures to get on the ballet.

Thanks again to everyone for your support.

After speaking to Spider-Bite and knowing Jman's experience (as well as my own ambitions and plans) I was curious to see how many here actually plan on having a career in politics.

Of course this is not exclusive to candidates, but lobbyists, advisers, consultants, etc.

What are your career goals, and how do you expect to get there?

I voted "unsure" even though I know that I will continue to campaign for candidates that I believe in. It's more of a hobby at this point, but I could happy if it turned into something more. It isn't what I went to school for, but it is a strong interest nonetheless.

I wouldn't want a job where I'd have to shower after a day's work so I could keep my humanity intact

I'd like to run for school board in a couple of years and possibly county-wide positions after that. In my wildest dreams, I'd retire into being a state rep.

I have to figure out where I want to live before I decide what it is I want to do in politics. I would like to be involved in campaigning, maybe even run for office some day. I've got a lot of experience on all fronts, though, so that should help me get my foot in the door somewhere.

I have to figure out where I want to live before I decide what it is I want to do in politics. I would like to be involved in campaigning, maybe even run for office some day. I've got a lot of experience on all fronts, though, so that should help me get my foot in the door somewhere.

:up: I love Washington D.C. - so I would love to work in the capital.

Of course I am anticipating a political career, too much talent to waste :p

Already have. It was thus far my best experience :up:

I should be up in Washington as an intern for Spencer Bachus in the near future - if we end up in the city at the same time, we should grab lunch sometime :up:

I should be up in Washington as an intern for Spencer Bachus in the near future - if we end up in the city at the same time, we should grab lunch sometime :up:

That would be fantastic. When do you think you'll be in the area?

I've always thought about running for public office in the county I cover. But unfortunately, I'm not a resident of said county and can't run.

Stormin, what ever happened to you running for the School board?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"