BvS Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acedrake

Civilian
Reaction score
I would love it if they make even an allusion to him. Love Nightwing

given that Batman's older and already with an established career, it's perfectly feasible that Robin/Nightwing could be in or at least referenced in passing.

would certainly help to build up the larger DC universe.

No. I mean, I wouldn't mind a namedrop since it's not so bad but I don't see him showing up or even mentioned.

The solo film is a different story. I think for that, they need to have it so Dick recently left Gotham as Nightwing (he can make a cameo in the movie which could hype up a Nightwing spin-off). And Jason Todd has come and gone within the year leading into Batman vs Superman.

Why? That way they can say Dick is gone and evolved, Jason has died...so WB doesn't have to physically show a young Robin fighting alongside Batman in these movies yet they exist. Bruce would have a mentality of "never again, im doing this on my own from now on". Pre-Tim Drake.

The last thing I want is A) to crowd Batman vs Superman with Gotham City characters and B) have Bats teaming up with heroes in these crossovers then he goes back to Gotham for the solo movies and guess what? They're not really solo movies because he's once again teaming up with costumed heroes/sidekicks.

No Bat-Family in this movie.

Have some Robin suits on display in the Cave. Allude to Dick, Jason and Tim in one fell swoop.

oh, they don't have to show him, just namedrop him.

like Bruce is talking to Alfred about a case and mentions that "Dick is investigating the situation in Bludhaven."

and that's all we need.

^^ I doubt that will happen.

given that Batman's older and already with an established career, it's perfectly feasible that Robin/Nightwing could be in or at least referenced in passing.

would certainly help to build up the larger DC universe.

I think this would be a good opportunity to introduce Robin by having him already exist, wouldn't mind them having Richard Greyson and Jason Todd (The Jason Todd memorial would be an amazing addition to the batcave, and flashbacks to his death could be a cool way to re-introduce the Joker) having already existed, would allow them to go straight into a lot of stories without having to go through the awkwardness of having him fighting crime with a little boy at his side. They'd still have Tim Drake too should they ever felt like introducing a Robin to the mix. they'd also be able to use Nightwing.

Well, you would think, what with Batman being around for a while.

However. I don't think he should have anybody around in this movie.

What I would like this movie to establish, is Bruce learning to really trust someone, to have his back. Someone other than Alfred or Gordon.

He should come into this from a life of nothing but routine. He does this by day, he does that by night. He has no life, he has no real friends. He spends his day living a uninteresting facade as Bruce Wayne. He spends his nights doing detective work, fighting criminals and getting inside the minds of them. All this for the past 10-15 years of his career. It's warped him.

It's warped his sense of complete trust to anybody he doesn't know personally as truly genuine.
It's warped him in a sense, that he can only really rely on himself and not even Alfred and Gordon's friendships are strong enough to change his ideas on it.

It's been in that unshakeable routine for years.

Then Superman comes along. And in Bruce's mind, having dealt with the superpowered criminals of Gotham for all the years, someone with powers like that, cannot be trusted, no matter what saintly image he's trying to present. Bruce knows well enough not to trust someone like that.

And even if Bruce and Lex Luthor do confide in each other that they have the same feelings regarding Superman...Bruce knows best to not even trust Lex either...

But eventually, Superman should actually change Batman. Changes him that he begins to be more open and less of a loner, that for the first time, he was genuinely wrong about someone.

It breaks his routine. Enough to allow Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl into his life.

I would love it if Dick got at least a mention setting it up for Nightwing in a solo Batman spin-off, Jason Todd has already "died" setting it up for Red Hood, and Tim Drake is the Robin that we see (just a cameo).

I'd personally rather see Richard's origins on screen in the next solo film.

Robin should not be in this movie he will steal the screen time of Superman. A Batman in retirement with his girldfriend as a supporting character is more appropriate. With Robin, Robin will have to fight the crime in Gotham it's not a good idea it could strech the story too much. Batman and Superman should've half time both in the film.

Remember Superman is in this film, just saying. I don't think there is time for a Robin in this film.

Could just make a small heads up about him.

"I'm heading to Metropolis. Robin can take care of here for a few days"

I just hope Bieber isn't a cameo of him or something :o

With Batman already being a season vet and having done this for..... a while, I would LOVE for him to have brought on Dick as Robin already.

Though, I would prefer they went the Batman: The Animated Series route and say that Dick is currently attending college and it unable to be Robin full time. And maybe we could see a shot of the Robin suit in the Batcave.

As far as going forward after this, I'd love to see them jump straight into Jason Todd and have Dick become Nightwing in his first appearance.

Let's assume that Dick is in this movie. How much Dick do you want to see? Would you rather see a lot of Dick? Or would you rather Dick just pop up for a minute or two?

Basically Cranston should play whoever is going to get the most screen time.
Who is going to be on screen more often?
Lex -
BvS
MoS 3
JL

or

Gordon -
BvS (maybe)
Batman trilogy
JL (maybe)

Ummm...I think you posted that in the wrong thread.

Unless of course you want Cranston to play Dick. ;)

Imagine the fan reaction to THAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back