BvS Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been saying this for weeks to my friend but now I think it's going to happen. Dick is Nightwing out of Gotham, having had a falling out with Bruce because when he grew up he wanted to be his own person. Jason was then Robin very briefly until the Joker murdered him (who is back in Arkham at the moment). So Bruce is in this miserable state of mind where he's back to being Batman without any help. This would be pre-Tim Drake (if they ever include him at all).

It's a good way for WB to not actually have a Robin or sidekick, since they may still be worried about having Robin in a live-action movie. I wouldn't blame them. But while having Grayson to establish what kind of a different batman this is. Hopefully if Dick gets a good response they can give the people a Nightwing movie.

Of course they could skip Jason Todd (and Tim Drake) all together. I wouldn't mind.

Ive been saying this for weeks to my friend but now I think it's going to happen. Dick is Nightwing out of Gotham, having had a falling out with Bruce because when he grew up he wanted to be his own person. Jason was then Robin very briefly until the Joker murdered him (who is back in Arkham at the moment). So Bruce is in this miserable state of mind where he's back to being Batman without any help. This would be pre-Tim Drake (if they ever include him at all).

It's a good way for WB to not actually have a Robin or sidekick, since they may still be worried about having Robin in a live-action movie. I wouldn't blame them. But while having Grayson to establish what kind of a different batman this is. Hopefully if Dick gets a good response they can give the people a Nightwing movie.

Of course they could skip Jason Todd (and Tim Drake) all together. I wouldn't mind.

This is exactly how I think it'll go down.

Though, I do think Joker will play a significant role in this story outside of just that.

And as far as Tim goes, I could see him being introduced eventually.

Ezra Miller's a great actor as well.

tUtyOxP.jpg

(on a related note, do you think Dick should get the Nightwing name from Superman (somehow)? Perhaps Nightwing taking a liking to Superman can be another source of tension between Batman and Superman)

Ezra would be a pretty good choice!!

I know wont happen and sure some people would mock it if it would happen but casey affleck wouldnt be a bad chocie in my mind.

Why not both? Dick in a Nightwing spin-off and Tim heading up a Teen Titans spin-off.

Jason as a villain can actually explore the ramifications of Robin and actually explain why Robin and the Bat-Family are important to Bruce's psyche. It's a shame the only film that has come that close is Batman & Robin.

This is what I want, Dick as Nightwing, Tim as Robin and Jason as the villain in any solo Affleck Batman film.

With Joker too. Under the Red Hood should be the story for the next movie for sure. Oracle should be in too.

And I forgot about Ezra Miller he used to be my top choice for Dick Grayson, and he still is!

Why not both? Dick in a Nightwing spin-off and Tim heading up a Teen Titans spin-off.

Jason as a villain can actually explore the ramifications of Robin and actually explain why Robin and the Bat-Family are important to Bruce's psyche. It's a shame the only film that has come that close is Batman & Robin.
Maybe. But id rather see a classic rogue like Penguin, Riddler or Freeze done properly than the Red Hood.

That's fair enough Shauner, it's just we haven't seen the Bat-Family actually explored.

With Joker too. Under the Red Hood should be the story for the next movie for sure. Oracle should be in too.

And I forgot about Ezra Miller he used to be my top choice for Dick Grayson, and he still is!

Willem as Joker brandishing a crowbar towards a child already bound and beating him to death would be gloriously terrifying to see. An adaptation of Under the Hood and Hush would be great.

Not the biggest fan of Hush. But I guess exploring the bat family could be a new thing, and trying to take it seriously with a dark tone. That's new for everyone.

Red Hood at the center of it, with maybe Penguin and Black Mask as side characters. Flashbacks to Todd getting killed by Joker. I guess I would be down for that. But I just really want to see a new version of Penguin in this universe. I also don't think WB will choose Red Hood over Riddler. The marketing potential and star potential for that role is just too much to avoid.

Maybe for a second solo movie they can do the whole Jason/Bat-Family storyline.

I feel like Red Hood could give WB a lot more marketing opportunities than the Riddler. The general audience has seen the Riddler. They can already sell those toys, costimes, etc. If WB introduces them to Red Hood, that adds completely new line to introduce.

As a side note, I also believe that the Red Hood will be much more well received than a Riddler interpretation.

Last edited:
I don't see him showing up, but a big reference to him to build to a great DCCU would be very cool. :)

But how is that more marketing opportunities??

It depends. Red Hood is somebody that the general audience don't know a clue about. Riddler would probably be a huge actor in the role. The viral marketing could rival that of the Joker's back in 2008. The posters, the trailers, the clues, the question marks, just the color green. There's no competition with Red Hood in the marketing department. Promoting the riddler as the villain is far easier as well.

Ezra would be a pretty good choice!!

I know wont happen and sure some people would mock it if it would happen but casey affleck wouldnt be a bad chocie in my mind.

Casey Affleck is too old to play Dick.

There needs to be, at least, a ten year age gap between Bruce and Dick.

Casey Affleck is only 3 years younger.

Now Emile Hirsch, that's a better choice, age wise. He's 28, so he's significantly younger than Ben, unlike Casey who is 38.

Last edited:
But how is that more marketing opportunities??

It depends. Red Hood is somebody that the general audience don't know a clue about. Riddler would probably be a huge actor in the role. The viral marketing could rival that of the Joker's back in 2008. The posters, the trailers, the clues, the question marks, just the color green. There's no competition with Red Hood in the marketing department. Promoting the riddler as the villain is far easier as well.

I don't mean to offend any Riddler fans, but that's not a premier character to the general audience. Yes, there is much more awareness than Red Hood, but that doesn't directly link to a more positive reception.

Not the biggest fan of Hush. But I guess exploring the bat family could be a new thing, and trying to take it seriously with a dark tone. That's new for everyone.

That's what I want to see with Batman in the DCCU as an Arthurian type figure.

Hush would only really serve as inspiration like the several titles did for TDKT, it would take inspiration in the fact that a villain who knows Bruce personally is stalking his life and striking at his heart, and maybe the confrontation in the graveyard.

Red Hood at the center of it, with maybe Penguin and Black Mask as side characters. Flashbacks to Todd getting killed by Joker. I guess I would be down for that. But I just really want to see a new version of Penguin in this universe. I also don't think WB will choose Red Hood over Riddler. The marketing potential and star potential for that role is just too much to avoid.

Riddler undoubtedly would have fantastic marketing, it could be a repeat of The Dark Knight, or even bigger now there is a larger social media platform to exploit.

Maybe for a second solo movie they can do the whole Jason/Bat-Family storyline.

Oh, I'd love for Batman to have an establishing film first, maybe with Strange and Riddler as villains. Preferably if there is a trilogy I'd love Strange and Nygma in the first film, Jason and Joker in the second and Simon Hurt in the finale attcking all of Bruce's family and his reputation.

this 10,000%

How about no Jason and Tim?

Do we need Jason? I love Under the Red Hood but since that comic, Jason hasn't done anything in comics. It's like "so we brought Jason back and did an epic return story, what do we do with this character now?"

Jason shouldn't even be involve.

They don't have to bring back Jason.

The reason why Grayson is the best male sidekick is due to his relationship with Batman.

Dick is Bruce in nearly every way. He's a reflection of Bruce. Both of their parents were killed due to crime. Both watched their parents die in front of them.

There's a deep connection that Bruce & Dick have that Bruce doesn't with the other Robins. It makes sense for Bruce to take in Dick.

If we have Batman having Jason & Tim, it would make him look like a pedophile if he keeps taking in kids.

Just have him and Grayson. Also Barbara. Just have the 3 of them.

How about no Jason and Tim?

Do we need Jason? I love Under the Red Hood but since that comic, Jason hasn't done anything in comics. It's like "so we brought Jason back and did an epic return story, what do we do with this character now?"

Jason shouldn't even be involve.

Replace Jason with Bane and you've got the kind of thinking that would have prevented The Dark Knight Rises.

Replace Jason with Bane and you've got the kind of thinking that would have prevented The Dark Knight Rises.

I've read this like 5 times. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but could you explain this a little more.

I've read this like 5 times. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but could you explain this a little more.

Bane hasn't done anything of real import since he broke Batman's back. That was twenty years ago, he's been far more of a one hit wonder than Jason.

Who has controlled crime flow by being a crime lord. Taken up the mantle of the bat, become a new age crime "killer" and redeemed in the pages of Batman, Inc. Not to mention maturing beyond his Batman fixation in his own title.

I thought people were all up in arms over the dick allusions from MoS?

:hehe:

But no, I personally don't want to see robin in this film unless it truly means something to the story - no meaningless one line references please...

While I LOVE the idea of including Dick, I can't say I'm too thrilled about his introduction in this series being as Nightwing. He has such a great origin story (see: Dark Victory), and it would be such a shame to breeze over that. (I'm also not so anger-filled partial to the "Batman-Robin Break-Up," as I enjoy stories where they are close BFFs, but that's another story altogether.)

This sort of goes back to my problem with the "older, grizzled" Batman. If he was younger, we could watch these characters grow and evolve TOGETHER, much like in the comics. Now we're sort of stuck with this "Veteran Batman/Rookie Superman" relationship.

I'm not passing judgement yet, as I very much enjoyed Man of Steel. But I can't say I'm totally thrilled either. Who knows, though...I may be very pleasantly surprised.

I thought people were all up in arms over the dick allusions from MoS?

:hehe:

But no, I personally don't want to see robin in this film unless it truly means something to the story - no meaningless one line references please...
Maybe all those Dick lines were easter eggs like the Lexcorp and Wayne Enterprises nods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"