Sequels Would Superman's vunerability to magic ever be shown in any sequel?

ervann

Super Deformin'
Reaction score
Or is it too 'far-out' to be realised on film (imagine Harry Potter meets Supes), given the types of stories people expect from a man of steel movie? It would be a shame cos a lot of people only know of kryptonite as his only weakness.

They're not going to show anything with magic. In the movies, they want to keep it as real as possible, so unless that magic can be shown with a scientific explanation, it ain't gonna happen.

I don't think so. I think Kryptonite or a very powerful adversary should pose a problem for Supes.

interesting.. but unless it were a magical villain, ala Felix Faust, or something along those lines, I doubt it..

How about bringing in Bruce Campbell as Myx? Does that count as a magical villain? I'd love to have Bruce in SR:II or III somewhere, as either a good guy or a bad guy.

I hope not, because I hope no magic would be in any Superman film, other than the magic of movies that is.

the whole magical aspect would probly be explored more in a Justice League type movie, where it involves some characters of magic, like Zatanna or captain Marvel, or even Wonder Woman.

Just to clarify, Superman is not vulnerable to magic on a generic level, i.e. just because an item is magic in it's essence does not grant it any special effectiveness against The Man of Steel.

An example, a sword enchanted to slay dragons will be no more effective against Superman than any normal sword.

Just to clarify, Superman is not vulnerable to magic on a generic level, i.e. just because an item is magic in it's essence does not grant it any special effectiveness against The Man of Steel.

An example, a sword enchanted to slay dragons will be no more effective against Superman than any normal sword.

Case against your point: Superman was easily cut (by accident) by Wonder Woman's magic sword in Kingdom Come.

Case against your point: Superman was easily cut (by accident) by Wonder Woman's magic sword in Kingdom Come.

Inconcistency with canon is nothing new.
What is the nature of the swords magic enhancement?

We were watching the original Star Wars tonight with the kids (the umpteenth time for us; the second or third for them). Early in the movie I misheard someone being referred to as "Kal-El" and thought, well, THAT's a villain Superman hasn't fought yet: Darth Vader. We then got into a short disagreement as to whether the Force constituted magic as far as Superman is concerned... I said yes, since Vader can control it with his mind and Superman wouldn't see it coming...

Superman vs. Darth Vader: the Empire Strikes Us.

They're not going to show anything with magic. In the movies, they want to keep it as real as possible, so unless that magic can be shown with a scientific explanation, it ain't gonna happen.

Superman and his powers are almost like magic as it is, only explained scientifically. Now if magic is introduced into the movies, it shouldn't be Harry Potter type magic with wands and spells and boiling cauldrons and random weird ingredients like pigs feet or dog's tongue or whatever, but something more like Mr. Mxyzptlk, who is so powerful he can alter reality and make things happen that shouldn't be possible.

But that sword was enchanted to cut anything. Superman fits within the category of "anything." What afan's trying to say is that, if a character could just create fireballs out of thin air by using magic, that doesn't mean that those fireballs will do any harm to Superman. It's just fire. However, if those fireballs were specifically enchanted to crispy-fry anything they touched, then Superman would be harmed.

Back on topic though, unless the enemy is the Silver Banshee (highly unlikely), I can't see the film makers bringing any magic elements into the SR universe.

reminds me of the selena plot in the supergirl movie- so thats a big no no from me

Because a half dozen types of kryptonite isn't enough to contend with, now his great mortal foe is Chris Angel.:whatever:

due to the side effect of the overly exposure to the kryponite radiation, superman had slowly losing his power. in the first act, he was having a hard time to stop a crime and he got himself injured and bled. he became more vulnerable. and later he couldn't fly. he had became a HUMAN!!!

he couldn't deal with the situation; the weakness of human being, the pain, the sickness and emotion. he almost lost himself. fortunately, with the love and help from lois, richard and his son, he went through it and they had developed a healthy relationship.

then, the 'disaster' came (Lex returns/a new villain advent), the world was in danger again and he could do nothing but to see the earth being destroyed. he then learned that his son couldn't handle his power, he had killed a man. with not much choice, he brought his son to the molecule chamber and had the problem fixed.

once again, superman had no choice but to return to his own destiny to fight the evil and protect the world.

like it?

i tried to follow singer's direction to make this sypnosis. it emphasized on the character development, it has the depressing and unfortunate tones. it has the donner's reference.

you think this will be what we gonna get if there isn't much protests again SR?

btw, do you like it, really?

enough vunerability here?

How about bringing in Bruce Campbell as Myx? Does that count as a magical villain? I'd love to have Bruce in SR:II or III somewhere, as either a good guy or a bad guy.

Dude, just rent the Spider-Man movies or Bubba-Ho-Tep, you know? As cool as he is, what could Bruce Campbell possibly bring to a Superman movie? :huh:

And no to magical villains. Sci-fi and wizardry have never mixed well in Superhero fiction. Movies as far-out as these need a clear set of rules, you can't mess that up by suddenly introducing "anything goes" wildcards like magical characters.

Dude, just rent the Spider-Man movies or Bubba-Ho-Tep, you know? As cool as he is, what could Bruce Campbell possibly bring to a Superman movie? :huh:

A chainsaw arm... Humor aimed at oneself and the genre without destroying the whole Superman image...

Bubba Ho-Tep did not live up to my expectations, alas. It stank. Liked Bruce's bits in the Spider-Man movies. If they didn't already have Jim Carrey as Riddler, I wouldn't mind da Bruce doing something along those lines (but not in those outfits, thank you). He could be a bureaucrat who gets in Clark's way at The Planet, or Lex Luthor's less vicious cousin or rival who Lex later offs... A photographer who works with Jimmy occasionally. A TV reporter who won't give up trying to interview Superman and pops up here and there throughout the movie, putting Supes and/or Clark on the spot with odd, incisive questions. Some schlub (or supposedly suave guy) who has a thing for Lois and doesn't care if she's taken by Richard, Supes, or anyone else; he's not giving up. I'm not saying he needs a lead role, but he's fun to watch and Singer's movies - as deep as they are - need a bit more fun in them. A secondary or tertiary plot would be a great place for him to shine, or as comic relief within the main plot.

is it too 'far-out' to be realised on film

My opinion is that magic is far too campy.

reminds me of the selena plot in the supergirl movie- so thats a big no no from me

Me too.

Movies as far-out as these need a clear set of rules, you can't mess that up by suddenly introducing "anything goes" wildcards like magical characters.

Agreed.

If they didn't already have Jim Carrey as Riddler

Uh, that was 13 years ago. They've rebooted the Batman series since then. So there's probably gonna be a whole new Riddler at some stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"