Batman Begins Would you have preferred "The Dark Knight Begins" as a title?

Rocketman

Superhero
Reaction score
The Dark Knight Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

I know a lot of people who loathe "Batman Begins" as a title (I'm not sure why). Would you have been happier with all three movies connecting?

No. But I would've preferred "Batman Rises" instead of "The Dark Knight Rises".

I have nothing against the title as it is. Batman is Batman, not the Dark Knight. This is Dark Knight
knight.jpg

This guy is called Batman
batman-begins-dvd.jpg

I dont mind using the alternative ways to describe Batman in TDK since every other movie had Batman in the title, but not overusing or substituting the actual name. I really dislike the The Dark Knight Rises title - I think its too repetitive (and surely done on purpose so people will know its a sequel to The Dark Knight) and again hes called Batman, not The Dark Knight

I have nothing against the title as it is. Batman is Batman, not the Dark Knight. This is Dark Knight
knight.jpg

This guy is called Batman
batman-begins-dvd.jpg

I dont mind using the alternative ways to describe Batman in TDK since every other movie had Batman in the title, but not overusing or substituting the actual name. I really dislike the The Dark Knight Rises title - I think its too repetitive (and surely done on purpose so people will know its a sequel to The Dark Knight) and again hes called Batman, not The Dark Knight

Meh... I guess it makes sense from a marketing perspective so i'm fine with it.

And I like Batman Begins as a title... simple, effective and straight to the point.

No. But I would've preferred "Batman Rises" instead of "The Dark Knight Rises".

Agreed. It seems really weird for The Dark Knight Rises to be the title right after The Dark Knight. It's awkward.

Im fine with Batman Begins, but I preferred "The Batman" for part 3 :o

Yea, I really don't like The Dark Knight Rises as a title. The Batman is better, yea.

Yurka, where is your avatar from? That's awesome.

Batman Begins is a good title. But I don't really think that film as a whole did that title justice. But that's for another time and thread.

Dark Knight Rises is a ridiculous title. It's such an obvious marketing ploy and it just takes away from the forward thinking of the title of the second film.

Batman Rises ain't great, but it makes much more sense.

The Dark Knight was a graduation of sorts. He's no longer Batman. He's Gotham's Dark Knight. Harvey Dent was Gotham's White Knight. Batman, Dent, and Gordon are on the same side, but Batman's methods are darker. And he rose above just being Batman the superhero. He's the Dark Knight of Gotham City. Plus, he fell in public opinion. he has to "Rise" so Gotham will accept him as their protector. I'm fine with the title. I love it.

The Dark Knight was a graduation of sorts. He's no longer Batman. He's Gotham's Dark Knight. Harvey Dent was Gotham's White Knight. Batman, Dent, and Gordon are on the same side, but Batman's methods are darker. And he rose above just being Batman the superhero. He's the Dark Knight of Gotham City. Plus, he fell in public opinion. he has to "Rise" so Gotham will accept him as their protector. I'm fine with the title. I love it.

:up:

The Shadow of the Bat would have been the best for 3.

I like Batman Begins as a title. I wish they saved "The Dark Knight" for part 3. Part 2 could have been called "Batman: Escalation" to fit perfectly with BB's ending.

I'm fine with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight for the first and second films, I would love to have had Batman Rises but I'm fine with the title we got.

I like Batman Begins as a title. I wish they saved "The Dark Knight" for part 3. Part 2 could have been called "Batman: Escalation" to fit perfectly with BB's ending.
"Batman : Escalation" is worse than the Dark Knight Rises.

"Batman Begins" has some kind of ring to it... although "The Dark Knight Begins" is not a bad idea...

Legend of the Dark Knight would have been epic, because of Ra's saying Legend in Begins and the comic title...

The Dark Knight sounds good but I HATE the idea of completely changing the sequels title. It almost sounds like it has nothing to do with Batman Begins. And BB sounds like it's the prequel to Batman (1989). Yes, at first I actually thought Batman Begins was the prequel of Burton's Batman. The Dark Knight Rises sounds good but it's a long title. Batman Rises is much better but due to the success of The Dark Knight I understand they want to maintain TDK title because of marketing. The trilogy should go something like this;

The Dark Knight (2005)
The Dark Knight Falls (2008)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Last edited:
I like the title Batman Begins
any since everybody else is doing titles
Batman Begins (2005)
The Dark Knight (2008)
Legends of the Dark Knight or Batman Legacy

Batman Begins - Wayne finally donned the suit of The Batman.

The Dark Knight - Batman's darkest hour.

The Dark Knight Rises - Batman rises from the ashes and taking in more than just being Gotham's 'Batman' but is now Gotham's 'Dark Knight'.

The titles make perfect sense to me. He began as Batman, but now he'll rise as the Dark Knight.

Dark Knight Rises is a ridiculous title. It's such an obvious marketing ploy and it just takes away from the forward thinking of the title of the second film.

The Dark Knight Rises may sound silly, but it's great as a marketing standpoint, as it reflects the initials TDKR, as in The Dark Knight Returns, which will become an animated film, most likely to be released in 2012, the same year, and because that graphic novel was one of the highest-rated Batman covers to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"