Batman Begins Would you have preferred "The Dark Knight Begins" as a title?

The dark knight rises flows better with the series than batman rises would.

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

It seems sort of an evolution from batman to dark knight and than the rise of the dark knight after being "knocked down" in the last film.

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Batman Rises

There's no gradual connection from film to film, The Dark Knight title sticks out more than batman begins does in this scenario.

No, I wouldn't have preferred The Dark Knight Begins.
Batman Begins is great as it is.
I agree with that, since it comes full circle to Batman Begins as Oldman said.
That.
If ''Rises'' was really necessary to the title, then I would have preferred Batman Rises instead of The Dark Knight Rises.

I would not want that title. Batman is called Batman, and Im really tired of hearing The Dark Knight. As a fan since 88, Ive heard The Dark Knight term more in last 2 years than I did for 2 decades. I think that term is way overused and too much focus is put on it, it was always just one of sideterms for Batman used very rarely, just like any other terms aside from the actual name, which is Batman

Last edited:
Dark Knight Rises is a ridiculous title. It's such an obvious marketing ploy and it just takes away from the forward thinking of the title of the second film.

Eh, I highly doubt Nolan thinks from a marketing perspective when he comes up with the titles for his movies.

No Batman Begins was catchy. This new addition should've been "The Dark Knight Returns"

I don't know, it's a little misleading to have a Batman movie titled The Dark Knight Returns and have it not be an adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns.

The Dark Knight Rises may sound silly, but it's great as a marketing standpoint, as it reflects the initials TDKR, as in The Dark Knight Returns, which will become an animated film, most likely to be released in 2012, the same year, and because that graphic novel was one of the highest-rated Batman covers to date.

I know Y1 is made into a animated film and it's coming out in this year but since when Miller's TDKR made into a animated film?

Thanks, it will be cool to see animated version of TDKR. I doubt Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamill would do it especally Hamill quiting Joker after Arkham City.

I also agree that Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and the Legend of Batman (or Legend of the Dark Knight) would make more sense... although LOB or LOTDK would be loooooong titles.

I also think The Dark Knight Rises is a marketing ploy and not very creative.

But then again I never cared for Batman Begins either. It's corny, to me.

In the perfect world, where marketing doesn't matter... Nolan's trilogy would have been titled: Bruce Wayne, The Dark Knight, and The Batman.

I think that makes the most sense.

(of course, this is without knowing anything about the story of TDKR)

I don't think Nolan considers marketing when he comes up with his titles. I believe him when he says he came up with it and that it's the best fit for the story.

No, "the Dark Knight Begins" doesn't really have as much of a ring to it as "Batman Begins". I love me some alliteration. :)

I prefer "The Dark Knight Falls" but then that may only indicate what may possibly happy in the first part of the film... if he "rises" by the end, then "Falls" might be inappropriate for the title as a whole.

No, I like the title as it was. To be honest, I'm fine with all the names of the films. I know that The Dark Knight Rises was named that just for the marketing, but it just doesn't bother me.

How do you know if it was named just for the marketing? I don't think Nolan cares about marketing, and he's the one that came up with the title.

How do you know if it was named just for the marketing? I don't think Nolan cares about marketing, and he's the one that came up with the title.

Yeah, sorry, I should have made myself more clear. I was just assuming it was, because it would seem like Warner Bros would want that. I could be wrong, like I said, it was just an assumption.

No. Batman Begins has a good rhythm to it and I like the idea of starting as Batman and moving on to the mantle of the The Dark Knight.

I like The Dark Knight Rises as well. Returns would have been good but unless it was an adaptation of the book then it would have been confusing.

Nah, that would look awful, and honestly... I'm one person that doesn't understand why a transition from [person] 'beginning' to just [person] would be a good idea. This is why I didn't like the title 'The Batman' for Batman 3 either, I mean he was already Batman when he was beginning, and he wasn't The Dark Knight until the end of TDK, so all the titles fit.

I think the first 2 titles are fine! I think it would have made more sense to have a completely different title...I'm not crazy about The Dark Knight Rises because it kind of implies that TDK was the first movie and TDKR is the sequel to that movie alone.

I would have liked it to be something like...
Batman: Beginnings
Batman: The Dark Knight
Batman: ?

I wish all the titles started with Batman.

I think an independent third film title would have been best. I like "Begins" and I like "Dark Knight" and think this film should have been, perhaps, "Gotham" or something. Maybe "Gotham Rising"? *Shrug*

In the business world, making it "the Dark Knight something" makes perfect sense -- it connects it as a sequel to a monster hit that made 500+ domestic and 1 billion total box office. That's just how the business world works.

Would you have preferred "The Dark Knight Begins" as a title?

No.

I'd have prefared 'The Dark Knight 2: Break your back *****'

:D

Truthfully though, I'd have prefared something with 'Batman' in the title.. However I am warming up to 'The Dark Knight Rises' I must admit..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"