Would you want to see James Cameron's Spider-Man be a part of Multiverse?

Airwings

Waves of air
Reaction score
For several weeks, I've been thinking about making a thread about this.

Some time ago, I brought up the topic of THIS version of Spidey to cameo in one of the upcoming Multiverse/Spiderverse related films (SM3, DR: ITMOM).

But what if we could get a whole film? And not just a film, but THE film. Based on the old script.

They could dust it off, make some rewrites (it's not 90s anymore) but keep the core of the story..

Another director would be fine as long as there will be elements of it being a Cameron film in style and tone.
It's not like the man himself has time to make this. He's too busy with all the Avatar sequels. It's for the better as he at one point turned clockwise and started to look down upon the genre.

DiCaprio was up for the role in late 90s.
I already had an actor in mind - we don't recast with someone younger, go back to Leo for this.
With him playing the role now, the character has to be older. A real Spider-MAN.

Just now, I found interesting news. This could make the thread seem more valid.
Without it, I would probably have not posted this at all. It would be too much of an hypothetical "what if" scenario.

Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly In Active Talks With Marvel For McU Role - IMDb

Could THIS be what they're discussing? Are they planning an exclusive Spider-Man flic set elsewere in the multiverse, or is it just about a simple cameo in one of the films that already are in production?
Tom Cruise is rumoured to show up as an another world's Tony Stark, so why couldn't DiCaprio do the same for Peter Parker?
In both cases, the actors were linked to the characters at one point but never ended up playing them.

We can discuss both Leo doing cameo in another hero's film and playing Spider-Man in his own film. But the thread is firsthand created for the latter

7ee631b5222298989332c01fdea871e5.jpg

That article is using We Got This Covered as the source, the worst clickbait site out there. So no, I don't think there's any truth to this.

Not really, Cameron's script was bad and even if they want to include Leo in what would have been Cameron's Spider-Man, he's probably too busy with Avatar to have any real involvement.

That article is using We Got This Covered as the source, the worst clickbait site out there. So no, I don't think there's any truth to this.
I wanted to make this thread BEFORE I read the rumour.

Not really, Cameron's script was bad and even if they want to include Leo in what would have been Cameron's Spider-Man, he's probably too busy with Avatar to have any real involvement.
Did you read my post at all? I asked for another director. I said Cameron was busy.

They should still get Nikki Cox as MJ as per that movie poster :o

23yz1bn8rxi31.jpg

And throw in Kevin Spacey in there for good measure along with Bryan Singer replacing Cameron as director. :o

No, please don't give Singer more superhero material to adapt.

DiCaprio playing him now in a Spider-Verse film could work, weird enough to be and feel very alternate-universe, but he wouldn't do it. And without him there's really no point, let alone in a whole film of his own rather than being part of an ensemble, Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker was already close enough to the version.

DiCaprio playing him now in a Spider-Verse film could work, weird enough to be and feel very alternate-universe, but he wouldn't do it. And without him there's really no point, let alone in a whole film of his own rather than being part of an ensemble, Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker was already close enough to the version.
I still wanna see Cameron's vision come to life. Albeit with another director.

They should still get Nikki Cox as MJ as per that movie poster :o

23yz1bn8rxi31.jpg

I don't think she looks good anymore with the enlarged lips. They should find another redhead for MJ.
Kate Winslet maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"