Writting comic book scripts.

WeaponZ2

Reaction score
How do you do it? I have a idea of how but Im not sure If im right.
Could some one show me?

Here's a sample script I wrote fer a Ghostbusters comic I'm part of. Basic elements include a panel description which c'n be as detailed as ya want (meanin' th' artist will fill in th' blanks), character dialogue an' sound effects present after each description. As fer formattin' yer script, there are many different ways an' none exactly "right". It all boils down to yer preference. One way I do it is to increase th' margins on th' side so everythin' is condensed in th' center o' th' pages, then I center all dialogue while everythin' else is justified. I also break each page up into a specific number o' panels.

COMIC TITLE
STORY TITLE
YOUR NAME

PAGE 1-

1-Night time over New York City. The full moon hangs over the dark shadowy forms of the buildings turning the sky into a brighter blue than usual. All you can see are the dots of lights all over the buildings.

2-Establishing shot of the firehouse.​

CAPTION
Ghostbusters Central​

3-Inside the main office, Peter leans back in his chair with his feet up on the desk. He holds the reciever of the phone between his ear and shoulder as he plays with a deck of cards in his hands. He has a big smile on his face.

PETER
Well, I look forward to seeing you too, Cherri. Tonight at 8 it is, then. Oh, and make sure you wear that short little number. Yeah, that's the one, you definitely know what I like.​

4-Shown at an angle from behind Peter, Ray descends the stairs as Peter sits up and hangs up the phone.

PETER
'Till tonight, babe.

RAY
Personal calls on company time again, Dr. Venkman?​

5-Peter leans back in his chair, putting his arms behind his head with a big, contented smile.

PETER
And when was the last time YOU had a date, Dr. Stantz?​

-----------------------------Page Break----------------------------

PAGE 2-

1-Ray takes a seat in the chair in front of the desk, crossing his arms.

RAY
Touche`. So, what time's your date?​

2-Peter brings his left arm down to check his watch.

PETER
About an hour.​

3-Ray tries to hide the smile forming on his face.

RAY
Guess you'd wanna shower then.​

4-Peter has a confused look on his face as he eyes Ray.

PETER
Huh? Why?​

5-Tight image of Ray casually pointing up with one finger.

6-Peter looks up, curiously.

PAGE 3-

1-His curiousity is rewarded by a shower of slime from above.

SOUND
SPLORSH!

PETER
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!​

2-Angled from slightly behind Peter and to the side, Peter sits angrily dripping with slime with his fists clenched beside him. Above him is a radio controlled blimp with a bucket assembly attached, the bucket upside-down dripping out the last of it's slime contents. Ray is laughing his head off from the other side of the desk, while in the background Egon stands in a lab coat holding the remote control for the blimp looking mildly amused as Winston cracks up standing next to him.

PETER
Verrrrrrrrrry funny. I hope you boys can sleep with one eye open.​

Just bumping & grinding it. People should know this info. it's some damn good info.

Sometimes I write it out like a movie script and define panel breaks.

Mostly, though, I sketch it out in small draft pages as I write and do layout simultaneously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"