X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

Does anyone think they might do kind of an X-Men civil war?

With Xavier coming back and Magneto still alive You've already got the heads of each side. Given that Rogue, Cyclops and Beast have already expressed the view that tolerance has backfired on mutants due to the likes of Friends of Humanity and now the Genosha attack, it's possible the X-Men team will be split down the middle which in turn opens up spots for new characters to fill on each side.

I just realized.

When Rogue said “a good man, MY MAN” which of her men was she talking about?
IMG_9961.gif

I just realized.

When Rogue said “a good man, MY MAN” which of her men was she talking about?
View attachment 88662
Remy. She was focused on her grief for him throughout the episode and it was pretty much clear that's who she was referring to given her name-dropping him seconds beforehand. Her words towards Magneto in the Genosha ball and her claiming him as her man made it crystal clear who she chose in the end.

The trick is they need to keep the consistency going. It’s easy to write 13 episodes because it forces you to do tight interconnecting stories. Unfortunately if you get a higher series count say 22 episodes. Then you open yourself up to filler episodes and possibly more bad storylines than usual.
Animation isnt like live action. You have to plan it out ahead of time and they already had everything planned out here. Beau has said that he wishes they had more episodes in each season so they could expand on things. The whole Madelyn/Jean storyline could've EASILY been 10 episodes in itself. The Goblin Queen could've been 5 episodes.

And filler isnt evil, that's where you get to actually know your characters ins and outs. I'm rewatching 90210 and they had Brendas storyline to get a drivers license spaced out between 3 seasons and it was a fun bit. You cant get that in a 10-12 episode per season series because its nothing major.

I miss shows when they were 22 to 24 episodes long.
Saturday Morning cartoons generally didn't have seasons that long. Only Season 4 of the 90s X-Men series was over 20 episodes. Seasons 1 & 2 had 13 and the final season had 10. And keep in mind the episodes were much shorter than X-Men 97.

You had to go back to the days of He-Man and Transformers and those early 80s cartoons and such for last time a season was massive like that consistently, and those shows usually only lasted 1 or 2 seasons largely despite having massive episode counts. Only a hot show like X-Men or TMNT or Batman would get longer seasons, but that usually wasn't every season and would happen once or twice during the hottest period of the show

You had to go back to the days of He-Man and Transformers and those early 80s cartoons and such for last time a season was massive like that consistently, and those shows usually only lasted 1 or 2 seasons largely despite having massive episode counts. Only a hot show like X-Men or TMNT or Batman would get longer seasons, but that usually wasn't every season and would happen once or twice during the hottest period of the show
Those were syndicated shows. 65 episodes aired Monday to Friday. And then if successful enough they might get a renewel for a few more.

The other option was a one week M-F 5 episode mini-series, often intended as a pilot. GI Joe, for example, started this way with two of them before getting the proper syndication deal. And then the syndication version only had 55 episodes, because they included reruns of these two mini-series to make up the full 65.

Transformers started on Saturday with 16 episodes, then moved to syndication for Season 2 with an additional 49 episodes to again make it exactly 65.

These are some of the stories I'm predicting they'll adapt for season 2:

God Loves, Man Kills

9780785157267-uk.jpg

Mutant Genesis
xmenmg.jpg

Fatal Attraction
xbxpl

X-Cutioner's Song
71j74gD96pL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_DpWeblab_.jpg

I think we'll see Magneto as the big bad. Possibly in Asteroid M too. And I think Cable/Nathan storyline might lead to Stryfe.

I mean, we haven't really seen the X-Men Vs Magneto. I'm excited about how and what this show can do with it. And Fatal Attraction is a chance to show how villainous Erik can be.

Last edited:
Saturday Morning cartoons generally didn't have seasons that long. Only Season 4 of the 90s X-Men series was over 20 episodes. Seasons 1 & 2 had 13 and the final season had 10. And keep in mind the episodes were much shorter than X-Men 97.
I meant with live action shows as someone just mentioned 90210.

My sister (who’s only really seen the movies): I like Rogue better in this than the movies.

Me: trust me everyone does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"