Black Panther User Review Thread - Tag Spoilers

Finally had the pleasure of watching this. I give it a solid 8 out of 10.
What a great movie. Good stuff for the most part, strong world building, good characters, serious stakes... Definitely one of the more serious and focused MCU movies. Great music, score and strong costume/set design.
The standouts for me where Okoye, the Dora Milaje and M'Baku.

Now some of the things i wasn't so keen. I really liked Black Panther's character and overall look in Civil War and thought he was such a cool and collected badass. In BP i still liked him but i didn't feel that raw/grounded awesomeness from CW, also i think because of the suit and how CGI it was. It felt very rubbery and distracting at points which in turn took me out of some scenes. His suit in CW was so much better than in BP.

Some of the CGI in certain parts wasn't good. The action was average, the humor was ok while some of the M'Baku stuff was actually really funny, the rhinos where kind of weird and that CGI fight scene in the train tracks was average at best.

All in all i think the movie kind of lived up to some of the hype. It's definitely one of the better MCU movies and i would have it at the number 6 spot in my personal ranking. It delivered in so many fronts and it actually made me feel sad and also proud of what the movie meant for a lot of people.

As part of the MCU replay, Ive also watched BP, and Ive realized that in the duel with Killmonger, T'Challa should have died, he only survived because Whitaker saved him, and then he's babbling that the duel isn't over, because he didn't yield. Really, T'Challa?

In his own film, T'Challa not only is notoriously reduced to the role of a supporting character, but there is an instant need forl someone to help him, save his skin and do the job for him. Sometimes you can even get the impression that the director would rather focus on supporting characters, and get rid of the title character from the film altogether. T'Challa disappears from time to time in action scenes, and even when he finally shows up, I have an overwhelming impression that the director does not know what to do with him.

Well, now the problem is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"