X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

I suspect you may see a version of the Warskrull arc from around Uncanny #275 and around there.

Yeah, I'm wondering where this season is heading. We know Jean and Scott will deal with the fallout over Madelyn; Sinister is still menacing somewhere; Storm is on her Heroes Journey; and Magneto/Rogue/Gambit are doing their thing.

My hope is it all comes together in the end.

I also want to see an adaptation of Fatal Attraction, although I'm aware of where Erik is right now.

images

Would be nice for a Wolverine Spin-Off too.

I also want to see an adaptation of Fatal Attraction, although I'm aware of where Erik is right now.

images

Would be nice for a Wolverine Spin-Off
Yeah, he can have Gambit as his sidekick so Gambit can get more screentime.:(

I think we may get mini arcs in the future seasons. I think they are going to focus mainly on the team struggling to get on without Charles there.
Storm is getting a mini arc this season. Wolverine may have his own journey, Gambit may venture off depending on how the Rogue and Magneto thing continues.

images

Would be nice for a Wolverine Spin-Off too.
Yes I would love to see that storyline too. I was super into comics around this time.

I think we may get mini arcs in the future seasons. I think they are going to focus mainly on the team struggling to get on without Charles there.
Storm is getting a mini arc this season. Wolverine may have his own journey, Gambit may venture off depending on how the Rogue and Magneto thing continues.
Gambit better not wander off -- unless he gets his own episode. :cmad:

I still think the animation of this show is not good and I don't think that will change. However...

If they could churn out new episodes of this, one season per year from 2024 to 2028 (5 seasons and 50 episodes in total) and still make it interesting, fine by me. I want to see the other X-Men that were underused in the past or weren't used at all (Cecilia, Kitty, Mimic, Joseph, Husk, Chamber, Monet, the New Mutants squad) and even X-Men characters that debuted in the 2000s (Sage, Lifeguard, Danger, FantomeX, EliXir and even Stacy X). So hopefully they have great plans for other characters we haven't seen yet.

As for the original animated series. I kinda want to rewatch it all over again. I think its only 52 episodes? Out of the four animated series (TAS, Evolution, WATX, Anime), its the one that i liked the most simply because it felt like the X-Men the most to me. But there were also plenty of times that I fell asleep watching it.

Plus seeing the animation of X97, makes the original series even more dated in comparison.

When does everyone think that Jean was replaced with Mads?

One nitpicking thing: I wish Erik's powers were purple instead of yellow, and Jean's pink instead of blue.

I still think the animation of this show is not good and I don't think that will change. However...

If they could churn out new episodes of this, one season per year from 2024 to 2028 (5 seasons and 50 episodes in total) and still make it interesting, fine by me. I want to see the other X-Men that were underused in the past or weren't used at all (Cecilia, Kitty, Mimic, Joseph, Husk, Chamber, Monet, the New Mutants squad) and even X-Men characters that debuted in the 2000s (Sage, Lifeguard, Danger, FantomeX, EliXir and even Stacy X). So hopefully they have great plans for other characters we haven't seen yet.

Morph is a continuity breaking cameo machine...so he will probably turn into these characters that he has never met before in future epidodes....because easter eggs...

And I'm curious to know who Theo James is playing.

I've really been enjoying these episode so far. Absolutely feels like they're being made by fans. A little bit overstuffed though. Love that they're keeping the momentum going, but they are definitely speedrunning some big storylines.

Interesting that they've already been renewed for a third season. That's very promising. I'll gladly watch a few more seasons.

I've really been enjoying these episode so far. Absolutely feels like they're being made by fans. A little bit overstuffed though. Love that they're keeping the momentum going, but they are definitely speedrunning some big storylines.

Interesting that they've already been renewed for a third season. That's very promising. I'll gladly watch a few more seasons.
Yeah, I love that it feels like something an X-Men fan would come up with. If further seasons are being greenlit (definitely should after this early reception) then maybe they can take their time a bit more with important storylines.

Wonder if they'll get inspiration from X-Men Forever when Claremont returned to finish his 90s X-Men run. It was a disappointing run IMO, but if I'm remembering correctly, it took place right after the "Mutant Genesis" storyline from X-Men #1--a sort of "What-If".

8678706.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• KBX

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"