X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

On the semi-bright side, given Xavier's vision and what it could represent, there's still somewhat of a likelihood that he could return as Death. Lord knows Sinister would take notice of how Gambit's abilities obliterated the Master Mold and not letting it go to waste, Apocalypse or not.

Oh god, I just see Disney/Marvel put X-Men 97 as part of the multiverse saga playlist.

Ugh...

I'm devastated.
Just saw that, they didn't add it to the full timeline section though which I guess would be before or after Captain Marvel in the 90s setting? lol

The intro for this episode makes me excited for season 2!!!

Though the line up doesn't make sense, since episode was for Storm and the Professor.

I hope Nightcrawler is permanent cast member in season 2.

Are we supposed to believe that the snippets in the intro are from upcoming episodes or are some clips red herrings and from the previous series?

They're all from the previous series.

Another great episode.
I liked how they divided time between Xavier/the Shiar and Storm.

I was so excited to see Nightcrawler appear in the intro.:jd:Hopefully this means he sticks around on the team.

I love that Storm now has her classic look and costume, with the black cape, the headpiece, and the long flowing hair!:storm:

They're all from the previous series.
Are you sure? Some of the snippets from the into for episode 6 include
Xavier and Lilandra and Forge
that I don’t remember from the original series.

This makes the fact that Magneto never popped up in Xavier's vision in the recent episode all the more questionable. I'm not fully sure I buy that Erik is 100% dead yet. As for Gambit, yep, though I'm still not ruling out him returning as a Horseman down the line.

Rogue holding Gambit barehanded was a bit of a risky move because if he was still barely alive at that point, then her touching him would've finished him off.

I think it will be interesting now that Magneto is dead because it opens up the field to other villains rather than falling back on the whole Xavier vs Magneto dynamic again.

Quick lesson how to do blurred spoilers. Hit the three dots next to Bold and Italicize, and click on the Mask icon. You should see "ISPOILER" and "/ISPOILER" in brackets. Type your spoiler in between there and it should blur when you post.

Are you sure? Some of the snippets from the into for episode 6 include
Xavier and Lilandra and Forge
that I don’t remember from the original series.
It's pretty much a highlight reel for characters featured in the current episode. There is an exception with this one though:

The scene of Mastermold creating Nimrod. That was NOT in the animated series. So either its a mistake or ties into the ending with Sinister having gained access to Mastermold. It shows that it can be used to create more advanced Sentinels.

Another great episode. I just love how this show wonderfully mix everything we love about the X-Men. And I'll say it without sarcastic emoji: give DeMayo a second chance.

About the episode structure, I felt it was much better than LifeDeath part 1. It felt more organic.

I loved Storm's new costume and I'm hoping for other X-Men to get theirs as well.

And I was also thinking Gambit could leave to give room for other member. I just thought he would leave heartbroken on his own journey.

Now my other predictions are still Jubilee and Beast to leave. The first to follow her own journey now that she's 18. The later, I don't know.

AND THANK GOD NO MORE MOHAWK.
Gj65.gif

The new voice for Xavier is fine but how he'll handle the true test remains to be seen:

I haven't seen this in forever. I'm crying. LMAO.

The other story
Chuck is going to be in for a surprise when he does try to get in touch with the X-Men. That wasn't the voice I expected for him though. I did like Deathbird(Milky Way Ghetto line made me laugh), Gladiator, Ronan, and the others. I hope they do more shows with them.

Storm section
Forge magic makes me hopeful Dr.Strange appears in a cameo or something. Amazing to get our long hair Storm back

Another great episode. I just love how this show wonderfully mix everything we love about the X-Men. And I'll say it without sarcastic emoji: give DeMayo a second chance.

About the episode structure, I felt it was much better than LifeDeath part 1. It felt more organic.

I loved Storm's new costume and I'm hoping for other X-Men to get theirs as well.

And I was also thinking Gambit could leave to give room for other member. I just thought he would leave heartbroken on his own journey.

Now my other predictions are still Jubilee and Beast to leave. The first to follow her own journey now that she's 18. The later, I don't know.
They haven't done anything with Beast, he is due to get his own episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"