X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

Posts and tweets were not showing up basically. It's fixed now though.

Anyway, should we be expecting a sneak peat at episode 7 sometime soon?

I wonder who she's Bustin' out?
If she's not trying to free someone then what she's doing isn't going to improve human/mutant relations, quite the opposite.
Given that she's a member of the X-Men, killing/injuring a bunch of soldiers who are just doing their job is not a good look for the team.

Hell hath no fury like a woman who had her boyfriend die horribly a few episodes ago.
She was kind of cheating on him so
her grief over his death
kind of rings a little hollow for me, not completely but a little. He was
basically fridged
to further her story. The whole Magneto affair did Rogue no favours and makes her look worse than if they'd kept her loyal to Gambit then did what they did. She could've been drawn to Magneto after the fact and begin to see his point of view in regards to humans and then the other X-Men could be trying to convince her not to give up on humanity despite what happened.

How do you do the blurred writing? I tried following the instructions given on an earlier page but can't find the right button.

her grief over his death
basically fridged
to further her story. The whole Magneto affair did Rogue no favours and makes her look worse than if they'd kept her loyal to Gambit then did what they did. She could've been drawn to Magneto after the fact and begin to see his point of view in regards to humans and then the other X-Men could be trying to convince her not to give up on humanity despite what happened.

How do you do the blurred writing? I tried following the instructions given on an earlier page but can't find the right button.
Square Brackets with ISPOILER before the words, then square brackets with /ISPOILER after the words... imo typing in the coding is easier than clicking through the style menus...

her grief over his death
basically fridged

Untitled.png

It's right next to the regular spoiler tag on the toolbar.

Yeah judging from that clip and the previous promo...

Rogue is gonna beat Cap like he stole something.

her grief over his death
basically fridged

This is implying a lot. For one:
Rogue and Gambit were never an official thing. They even talk about that in their last conversation together.

And secondly:
what evidence do we have to support any affair with Magneto? They held hands in episode 2, and then kissed in episode 5. And she rejected him right after that.

This is implying a lot. For one:
Rogue and Gambit were never an official thing. They even talk about that in their last conversation together.

And secondly:
what evidence do we have to support any affair with Magneto? They held hands in episode 2, and then kissed in episode 5. And she rejected him right after that.
Intimacy was implied, at the very least emotional intimacy. Rogue was in that room longer than a handhold and she was spending an awful lot of time with Magneto in episode 3 where they had their names down for a ridiculous amount of consecutive sessions together in the Danger Room. If nothing was going on, then why was Gambit getting upset and bothered by it.

Also, and I forget which episode it was, but it was implied that Rogue and Magneto slept together when she was younger (why else would she be in the bedroom with him?)

It was clearly implied there was more going on between her and Magneto in the present day than just friendship.

Intimacy was implied, at the very least emotional intimacy. Rogue was in that room longer than a handhold and she was spending an awful lot of time with Magneto in episode 3 where they had their names down for a ridiculous amount of consecutive sessions together in the Danger Room. If nothing was going on, then why was Gambit getting upset and bothered by it.

Also, and I forget which episode it was, but it was implied that Rogue and Magneto slept together when she was younger (why else would she be in the bedroom with him?)

It was clearly implied there was more going on between her and Magneto in the present day than just friendship.

Yes, Rogue discussed her PAST with Magneto when talking to Gambit.

Yes, Rogue discussed her PAST with Magneto when talking to Gambit.

Yes the past that was never mentioned or existed in the previous animated series that this series is meant to be a continuation of.
It was obvious they were playing up the love triangle trope between the 3 of them, kind of hard to do that if there is supposedly nothing romantic going on between 2 parts of the love triangle.
Also why would Rogue consider throwing away her relationship with Gambit if there was nothing going on with her and Magneto in the present day.

The fact remains that Rogue cheated on Gambit with Magneto; if not full on physically, then at the very least emotionally. Rogue and Magneto were not strictly platonic in the present day.

Yes the past that was never mentioned or existed in the previous animated series that this series is meant to be a continuation of.
It was obvious they were playing up the love triangle trope between the 3 of them, kind of hard to do that if there is supposedly nothing romantic going on between 2 parts of the love triangle.
Also why would Rogue consider throwing away her relationship with Gambit if there was nothing going on with her and Magneto in the present day.

The fact remains that Rogue cheated on Gambit with Magneto; if not full on physically, then at the very least emotionally. Rogue and Magneto were not strictly platonic in the present day.

That part I partially agree with you on. If there wasn’t something there between Rogue and Magneto, she wouldn’t even consider being his queen in the first place and would’ve asked him WTF.

But I love the whole soap opera elements with the love triangles so there’s that.

In the end, she ended up choosing Remy anyway, because she realized that he was right about their relationship being deeper than skin and being able to touch Magneto wasn't enough for her.

Remy not knowing it before he died offers more tragedy and guilt to Rogue which will likely be explored in the remaining episodes. She's clearly rage-filled for good reason at the moment.

That part I partially agree with you on. If there wasn’t something there between Rogue and Magneto, she wouldn’t even consider being his queen in the first place and would’ve asked him WTF.

But I love the whole soap opera elements with the love triangles so there’s that.
I mean, she did. LMAO.

If she's not trying to free someone then what she's doing isn't going to improve human/mutant relations, quite the opposite.
Given that she's a member of the X-Men, killing/injuring a bunch of soldiers who are just doing their job is not a good look for the team.

that’s over with time for action

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"