x-men 1 and 2...just good movies or good x-men adaptations?

nikos52

Civilian
Reaction score
In my personnal opinion, the first 2 x-men movies were outstanding, as movies released to the general audience!
However,i believe they weren't that good x-men adaptations, for a few reasons. The main issues from the x-men series were delivered on screen, but some things didn't feel good.
1. The x-men team has characters we don't really get to meet or care about!Wolverine joins later and Rogue isn't even a member. There's really no character development or story arc for Storm and Cyclops! And Cyclops is a very important character in the x-men series, much more important than Wolverine and the others. I didn't get to meet him and i didn't get to care about him.
2. The x-men feel more like an operations team, when it's actually more of a family! Now this is something that was given in x-men first class, so why didn't Bryan do it back then? And on the same subject, it's too dark! Especially the first one.
3. Too much focus on wolverine, while cyclops was turned into a nerd. Woverine takes Cyclops' place in the father-son relationship that should develop between Xavier and Cyclops.

i have a few more points in mind, but i'd like to hear your opinions.

X-Men and X2 are not too dark.

The first movie was alright but the 2nd movie was spectacular, since then I became a fan of the X-Men movies.

yeah, i'm not saying they were bad movies.
x-men 1 and 2 are in my 10 favourite movies.
I'm just asking if they were trully good x-men adaptations.

I think that for the time they were released they were both good adaptations and good movies

Good movies, decent adaptations. Singer never did anything that was particularly damaging to the characters in the comics, even if some characters got better treatment than others.

While Cyclops was marginalised, he was in character and waiting for a story to shine in.
Rogue was quite different to her comic counterpart, but I believe we were seeing her develop the confidence and attitude as she accepted herself.

There were definitely things that could have been improved. It's a shame the budget wouldn't allow for Beast because he is such an iconic character and example of the mutant condition.

X1 was good.

X2 was awesome. My favourite X film still. X-Men: First Class is my 2nd favourite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"