Days of Future Past X-Men: Part 6 should be set...

multipleman

Civilian
Reaction score
First class was set in the 60's,
Days of future past will be set in the 70's
X-Men Origins: Wolverine the second part was set in the 80's
so if they make another x-men film featuring the younger cast... should we skip a decade and have the film set in the 90's?

Was thinking about it, it would make a great set up for how the X-Men: The Movie lead into...

What we know by this point is that by the end of X-Men Origins: Wolverine that Cyclops escaped and was saved by Xavier.

So X-Men set in the 90's would have "Cyclops" in theory, Xavier & Magneto recruited Jean Grey 30 years ago from X-Men 3 which if you look at how its portrayed was techically 2000 to 2002 or 2006, so essentially she was recruited in 1972 (maybe after the events of the days of future past story)

So "Cyclops" "Jean" - They would need to introduce young "Storm". I'm figuring that "Jason/Mutant 143" would at least be part of the team...

Lets leave origins out of this shall wee

problems could be solved if the original trilogy based on the 90 (not count wolverine origins. Bryan would have said no note)

Retconn the supporting mutants from Origins and fast forward to the 80's in the next movie. Then do another trilogy in 10-15 years time. Regarding Wolverine, do a movie in WW2 as a joint production with Marvel to do a Captain America/616 Fury story, and let that spin off into a separate Wolverine trilogy with a new actor in about 10 years.

Wouldn't mind seeing the young X-Men movie they were planning that evolved into FC but with Cyclops and the gang.

I think that's the movie people want to see. Also curious to see if this "altering of the future" all gets resolved, or do they leave some open ended, cliff hanger type deal, where the future can only be salvaged in a sequel or another trilogy. I'd prefer an open ended story like 12 Monkeys, or something like that. Where we are left asking, did they really change it? Not like T2 where the future was assumed to be prevented only to be retconned in T3, which I liked regardless of T3 stinking up the place.

I'd like to see a three way battle between Sinister, X-Men, and the Brotherhood for the young Jean Grey. Just like Singer intended for X-3 subbing Sinister for the HFC. X-Men obviously winning at the end because Magneto believes it is best she be kept under Charles' tutelage, and they work together to take out Sinister.

Last edited:
My ideas for a sequel to FC included adding two new members to the X-men, either Tessa, Petra or Sway and Thunderbird to round out the team. I'd set up Moira to start leaning to towards genetic research in the CIA.

The Brotherhood would be very active freeing mutants from secret camps worldwide. Emma would leave the team after she felt she'd repaid her debt to Magneto for freeing her.

My plot for my sequel to FC involved both Mags and Prof converging on peculiar facility, which sounds similar to the mission statement of Xavier's Institute. Their they both find that things aren't what they seem and the young mutants at the private facility may be in danger from their headmaster, Dr. Nathaniel Essex, who has "sinister" plans in mind for his wards.

Subsequently, the status quo would change in this movie having:

-Riptide switches sides again having been a plant by Essex, originally to spy on Shaw, then acquire info from Eric
-most of the Brotherhood would die (Angel, Azazel); Riptide is killed as well
-Scott joins the X-men

The final part of the FC trilogy would be Professor X recruiting Jean and Storm to help Scott return to the Island of Krakoa to rescue the rest of the X-men.

I hope after DOFP they just move on to the future.

For me, the ship has sailed for the sequels for First Class, like showing the younger version of Scott, Jean and Ororo. If they really wanted to make a trilogy out of the cast of First Class, they wouldn't bring back the original cast and they would have brought back the majority of the cast of First Class.

And I just can't imagine FOX not bringing back Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry and the other present X-Men after this one especially if DOFP turned out to be a huge hit.

I hope after DOFP they just move on to the future.

For me, the ship has sailed for the sequels for First Class, like showing the younger version of Scott, Jean and Ororo. If they really wanted to make a trilogy out of the cast of First Class, they wouldn't bring back the original cast and they would have brought back the majority of the cast of First Class.

And I just can't imagine FOX not bringing back Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry and the other present X-Men after this one especially if DOFP turned out to be a huge hit.

How do you figure? I seriously doubt Fox can retain this cast for multiple pictures. It's a miracle that they are coming back to begin with. It worked out for the simple fact that it was Singer and reuniting with the old gang was the selling point. I don't think they had 2-3 more pictures in mind. Probably Jackman's last outing, unless The Wolverine is a big hit and they make another solo movie. I still want to see Omega Red.

I think the next phase will be to retcon the OT with a new trilogy. But with the current FC roster, you don't waste that talent. Make at least one more sequel, and maybe in another 10-15 years, the FC cast can grow into their roles a lot better for another go around. As unlikely as that would be, it's more likely than picking up with more ensemble movies with the OT cast.

Hugh has showing nothing but loyalty to the Wolverine role. We have no idea if this will be has last outing, when as far as I'm aware, he has said nothing to indicate that it is.

As for your second paragraph, wait "10-15 years" for the FC cast to "grow into their roles a lot better"? Really? That is more likely than further movies with the OT cast? If you make a FC sequel, then stop for the foreseeable future... like anyone will give a damn about the FC cast in 15 years time with no movies inbetween to keep them hyped, to keep momentum.

The series will long since have been rebooted before they "wait" for the FC cast to age.

How do you figure? I seriously doubt Fox can retain this cast for multiple pictures. It's a miracle that they are coming back to begin with. It worked out for the simple fact that it was Singer and reuniting with the old gang was the selling point. I don't think they had 2-3 more pictures in mind. Probably Jackman's last outing, unless The Wolverine is a big hit and they make another solo movie. I still want to see Omega Red.

And after X3's release, people said it would be hard to bring back the original for the 4th X-Men movie.:huh: No, it wasn't.

If they were able to bring back the cast after 8 years since X3, they can do it again for a 5th/6th movie. None of the actors has said that they don't want to appear in more X-Men movies and none of them has said that they want this series to be over.

Hugh has showing nothing but loyalty to the Wolverine role. We have no idea if this will be has last outing, when as far as I'm aware, he has said nothing to indicate that it is.

As for your second paragraph, wait "10-15 years" for the FC cast to "grow into their roles a lot better"? Really? That is more likely than further movies with the OT cast? If you make a FC sequel, then stop for the foreseeable future... like anyone will give a damn about the FC cast in 15 years time with no movies inbetween to keep them hyped, to keep momentum.

The series will long since have been rebooted before they "wait" for the FC cast to age.

Well if the trinity from the SW franchise returns for at least Episode 7, I think anything is possible. Yeah I'd expect the FC cast to take a breather after three movies, assuming we get the third. Maybe they'll come back to it. But no, I am not going to rely on Singer going with the OT cast for X4-6 and beyond. It's just not feasible considering the ages of Stewart, Mckellan, even Jackman at this point. Nothing is going to convince me otherwise, until they come out and say they have said actors signed on for 2-3 more films. And that's the kind of commitment it would take, if we are getting an Apocalypse trilogy, or some overarching villain spanning multiple pictures. I think we will get that trilogy eventually, but with a new cast. I can see Fox returning to spin-offs and smaller projects before scaling it up again with yet another trilogy. Third FC movie by 2017 or 2018. X4-6 another 8-10 years later with a new cast, and hopefully Michael and James reprising their roles. Of course if they are able to sign everyone back from the OT, I'm all for it. But it has to be AT LEAST a 2 picture deal where they film both movies back to back.

Last edited:
Well if the trinity from the SW franchise returns for at least Episode 7, I think anything is possible. Yeah I'd expect the FC cast to take a breather after three movies, assuming we get the third.

i think singer would want another FC movie, but who knows

I think they will jump the timeline to the 80's and do a Young X-Men trilogy, the sort of teeny bopper years of the roster. I don't think it is feasible to do an Avengers scaled movie like DoFP every three years without having the roof cave in on you at some point. The draw back being, a third FC movie (or a retconned trilogy) without featuring the cast from the OT would be a serious letdown for audiences expecting something bigger and bolder after DoFP. I think you see how it plays out. If you have a billion dollar movie, then I would seriously consider scrapping FC 3 for X4 AND X5. Again, it has to be for two pictures to justify the investment.

Hugh Jackman In Interview already hinted at being open to a future film.When the cast singed on for DOFP Fox may have signed them for another film In their contract neogrations.These cast emmebers all look good.Plus Bryan Singer seems to have idas for future of series and It's known him directing got a lot of OT cast members excited about
returning.

I really think DOFP will be end of First Class cast In franchise.they already dropped majority of first Class cast except for the surviving big 4(If Shaw hadn't been killed I would add Kevin bacon to 5 major players of first class) It really seems like with all this
talk of correcting things they want to get series back to promise it had after X2 only with spending more money than Fox was willing to at the time and embrace more comic booky elements as they have been doing with First Class,DOFP,and even the Wolverine.

If Disney can get Harrison Ford back as Han Solo for Star wars episode VII when he has clearly made It known he doesn't think as highly of SOlo as he does Indiana Jones you should not rule out getting OT cast members for more post DOFP.

it will be a shame if we dont get a 3rd FC film, from what impressive cast they have they could make it work, with new characters, maybe even add gambit if you wanted to keep to origins timeline.

Singer has said he feels first class is its on spin off the same as the wolverine films

Last edited:
I think the future of the franchise lies with the FC cast. I don't want to see Xavier recasted because Patrick retires from acting only to have another 60 year old actor step fill Xavier's shoes. I don't want to see an aging core roster either. You need an infusion of youth. It would be crazy to abandon the core members from First Class. If say Magneto and Xavier work out their differences by the end of FC 3, then the entire OT can be retconned with a brand new threat, like Sinister and Apocalypse. And you can build off the cast of actors now in their primes, as opposed to throwing them out the window.

it will be a shame if we dont get a 3rd FC film, from what impressive cast they have they could make it work, with new characters, maybe even add gambit if you wanted to keep to origins timeline.

Singer has said he feels first class is its on spin off the same as the wolverine films

Gambit would work. Add Cyke, Jean, Storm, along with Beast, and you are set in terms of the X-Men roster. Hell, you are set for another trilogy if they find the right young talent to fill these roles.

Last edited:
I think the future of the franchise lies with the FC cast. I don't want to see Xavier recasted because Patrick retires from acting only to have another 60 year old actor step fill Xavier's shoes. I don't want to see an aging core roster either. You need an infusion of youth. It would be crazy to abandon the core members from First Class. If say Magneto and Xavier work out their differences by the end of FC 3, then the entire OT can be retconned with a brand new threat, like Sinister and Apocalypse. And you can build off the cast of actors now in their primes, as opposed to throwing them out the window.

Patrick will keep coming back for more, I doubt he will retire any time soon

I think we could get another 3 more films before Stewart stops

it will be a shame if we dont get a 3rd FC film, from what impressive cast they have they could make it work, with new characters, maybe even add gambit if you wanted to keep to origins timeline. Singer has said he feels first class is its on spin off the same as the wolverine films.

I don't thinks its a shame, not all good movies should get a sequel or turn into a series. If Origins: Wolverine was good, I'm pretty sure most fan-boys would be asking for a trilogy.

I think the future of the franchise lies with the FC cast. I don't want to see Xavier recasted because Patrick retires from acting only to have another 60 year old actor step fill Xavier's shoes. I don't want to see an aging core roster either. You need an infusion of youth. It would be crazy to abandon the core members from First Class. If say Magneto and Xavier work out their differences by the end of FC 3, then the entire OT can be retconned with a brand new threat, like Sinister and Apocalypse. And you can build off the cast of actors now in their primes, as opposed to throwing them out the window. Gambit would work. Add Cyke, Jean, Storm, along with Beast, and you are set in terms of the X-Men roster. Hell, you are set for another trilogy if they find the right young talent to fill these roles.

The problem with another First Class movie is its not gonna be marketable enough to sell a lot of tickets and earn big money at the box-office. Take out the original cast and bring back the cast of FC for the 8th X-Men movie and expect the box-office numbers to be lower than DOFP and the other X-Men movies.

Last edited:
A FC sequel with young Cyclops, Jean, Storm, more Beast and co. and released in 3D can easily top X1, X2 and X3.

The thing is a sequel with full original cast could do much more.

The question is what Fox preffer.

Less expensive actors (FC) and a decent boxoffice, or a really expensive cast but a bigger boxoffice?

Last edited:
I don't thinks its a shame, not all good movies should get a sequel or turn into a series. If Origins: Wolverine was good, I'm pretty sure most fan-boys would be asking for a trilogy.

And yet we got a 2nd wolverine solo movie and chances are we will get a 3rd also

Origins wasn't well received but 1st class actually was, in fact there are a lot of people that prefer it to the original trilogy

And yet we got a 2nd wolverine solo movie and chances are we will get a 3rd also

Because the opening weekend of The Wolverine was a success and FOX quickly greenlighted a 2nd Wolverine movie after that but most fan-boys here at SHH aren't really interested in seeing another Wolverine especially compare to DOFP.

A FC sequel with young Cyclops, Jean, Storm, more Beast and co. and released in 3D can easily top X1, X2 and X3. The thing is a sequel with full original cast could do much more.

"Can easily top X1, X2 and X3". Errr no. You don't have proof for that. Its gonna look like a prequel again to most people and we all know that prequels didn't top the original trilogy when it comes to box-office.

you dont have proff that it wont either.

first movies always use to do less than the sequels.

With the FC Stars geetting bigger, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast, more 3D prize a sequel can easily do more than Fc and X2.

This thread makes my head hurt...

Of course a 3D First Class sequel starring Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, etc. can top X-Men's $157 million. First Class is already within $10 million of that. Just because a prequel doesn't make as much as its predecessors, doesn't mean its sequel can't.

That said, topping X2 and The Last Stand is far more of a challenge and not something I would say is easily accomplished. Even with 3D, you're talking about an additional $100 million. That's quite a jump, especially when you consider that, despite the addition of familiar characters, audiences may still be hesitant to throw money after the unfamiliar faces playing those characters.

You know if this was an Xmen 4 without the FC team it would probably make less then X3 mostly because I heard a lot of people say they gave up on the franchise after that film but they claim to like FC though

Now if DOFP makes more then X3 you can partly guess its due to fans of FC who wanna see more of them and if singer adds some of the writing that made FC great to DOFP it could win over thoughs who lost interest in the original trilogy to wanna see a possible X4

Overall FC won over a lot of people, even with magneto,beast,mystique and xavier with new characters they can still do very well at the box office, esp after DOFP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"