'X-Men' Director Being Sued For Sex Abuse Allegations - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have actually skipped movies on principle. One example is Revenge of the Sith. I have never seen it, because I got pissed after the second prequel. I don't know how it ends to this day. One more year, and it will be 10 years since its release.

Its actually pretty cool. I'm suprised you saw AOTC on that principle

Phantom Menace at the theaters. Attack of the Clones as a rental (as a last chance).

I have actually skipped movies on principle. One example is Revenge of the Sith. I have never seen it, because I got pissed after the second prequel. I don't know how it ends to this day. One more year, and it will be 10 years since its release.

Well, yeah, the 'principle' being that it was a crap movie, as was obvious beforehand. Just like all those prequels were.

By all means don't go to a film if your alarm bells start ringing from the trailers...

But not seeing a movie because of unproven allegations is, in my view, a bit unfair. Innocent until proven guilty and all that..

Also, reviews don't have any bearing on whether I see a movie. I look at the trailers and see if it appeals to me.

Can't say I care for Singer. I am curious if this becomes a Catholic Priest moment for Hollywood. Or the beginning of.

I'm gonna see it regardless. I obviously will be appalled if these allegations turn out to be true, but I'm not just going to avoid the movie altogether.

I'll still watch the flick. It's not like every body involved are being sued for sexual abused.

To be fair having credit receipts don't necessarily prove singer didn't fly down via his usual private jet for a night or two. I imagine he'd book a hotel for a few weeks even if a night or two he didn't sleep there

What is the latest on this? I heard he pulled out of all promotional stuff for DOFP.. wonder how this will affect the planned Apocalypse movie

You know what?

That crazy guy is right! We need to protest all forms of communication. We have to put a stop to all of these "rumors" and "possible untruths!"

Wow. I can really respect that a lot. I'm the same way - though principles vary - and had not been to a movie theater for 5 years. Captain America was the last time I went in '09 and Cap 2 was the first time I went back.

You asked an interesting question: would I skip this film because of Singer's actions.

Terry Gilliam had an interesting conversation with Quentin Tarantino where he actually speaks of how directors really receive much more credit than they deserve. Thousands of people come together to make films.

I'm probably not seeing this film because X3 was a piece of garbage, I almost always know what's going to happen before the end of the film and they're too formulaic for me.

I absolutely love what fx did with the Sentinel design and a part of my youth tugs at me with the desire to see it but I've out grown so many of these properties.

Ep. VII doesn't make me explode with excitement. It makes me afraid that Disney is looking for another cash cow. Fox treats X-men and the Fantastic Four in the same way.

Singer's actions - if guilty - are inexcusable but I do not think that should affect a property that he did not create. He's 1 for 2 in my opinion. The first one was not great and the 2nd one promised something that he abandoned for Superman Returns.

What he has in his favor are two of the best actors of all time in Stewart and Mckellen being able to deliver dialogue with presence and grace. Literally: those thespians make me want to see it. (Hugh Jackman and some of the other actors make me want to skip it.)

I probably won't see this X-men because this is Fox studios. This kind of thing is more prevalent (underage prostitution rings and adults taking advantage of young kids) in the world. (America too.)

I live in one of the top 5 richest places in America and I recently heard about another prostitution ring in one of the more affluent high schools around here. This kind of thing is not going anywhere and I know that it seems wrong to shut a blind eye to it but it's so distasteful that I just ignore it and ultimately stopped watching the news years ago.

I think that Singer's career was coming to an end - regardless of this - as a result of poor choices in his career but X-men is a staple that will be fine.

I do know this: if the property had reverted back to Marvel, the films would be much better under their guidance and he probably wouldn't be the director on his merit as a director and his credits.

In some ways, he has a correlation with M. Night, though their work is different. He has several critical successes and films that are not good at all.

Still: as aforementioned, it won't hurt X-men's showing at all. Did you notice that the marketing teams for the film aren't going with a Hollywood cliche of 'From the Director of'...with Singer? Around 9 comic book films can come out each year due to Disney/Marvel, WB, and other studios. It will be nice to hear or observe if they live up to the billing.

They heard about his past.

13852677853_f611baebbb_o.gif

I think I'm done with this thread... Nothing good will come out of it.

Some here need to read the entire PDF file of the complaint filed to the courts to understand everthing that's going on here, and stop reading these articles, the authors of these articles are simply giving thumb nails of the allegations.

Here's the Official 13 page Complaint, it's worse then initially thought, but this guy seems to remember everything in extreme detail, which really leaves me with question marks floating around in my head considering this all happened so dang long ago (15-16 years)..

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/custom/Embeds/Bryan Singer Complaint .pdf

Last edited:
Some here need to read the entire PDF file of the complaint filed to the courts to understand everthing that's going on here, and stop reading these articles, the authors of these articles are simply giving thumb nails of the allegations.

Here's the Official 13 page Complaint, it's worse then initially thought, but this guy seems to remember everything in extreme detail, which really leaves me with question marks floating around in my head considering this all happened so dang long ago (15-16 years)..

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/custom/Embeds/Bryan Singer Complaint .pdf

This seems to be basically a repeat of his civil suit he filed back in 2000, just that he removed the previous people he accused (which he got no money from because they fled the country) and inserted Singer to replace them (whom Egan never mentioned or accused previously). Some of the exact same accusations in this suit were in the 2000 suit.

You know what?

That crazy guy is right! We need to protest all forms of communication. We have to put a stop to all of these "rumors" and "possible untruths!"

For some of you on here, maintaining a dignified silence would be a good idea, lol...:woot:

If similar accusations were said about you, I'd love to see what your story would be :up:

This is like Midle Age.The People talk without proofs.Bryan Singer is Innocent in this moment.

Michael Egan Only wants money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back