'X-Men' Director Being Sued For Sex Abuse Allegations - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my:

http://www.thewrap.com/bryan-singer-accused-sexually-abusing-underage-boy

“X-Men” director Bryan Singer is being accused of “sexual abuse” of a teenage boy in a lawsuit filed Wednesday, according to court documents obtained by TheWrap.

According to the lawsuit filed in federal court in Hawaii, plaintiff Michael Egan, who was named in a press release by his lawyers, was 17 when he was forcibly sodomized by Singer, among other accusations.

The suit alleges Singer provided Egan with drugs and alcohol and flew him to Hawaii for sex on more than one occasion in 1999 and claims that Egan was not the only underage boy who was abused.

The abuse allegedly began in 1998, shortly after Egan was lured to parties at a house where a high school friend lived, the lawsuit claims. The house, known as the M & C Estate, was often the site of “notorious parties” where adult males allegedly preyed on young boys.

Attorney Jeff Herman said*he planned to file more lawsuits against Singer and others involved in the alleged parties.

“Hollywood has a problem with the sexual exploitation of children,” Herman said. “This is the first of many cases I will be filing to give these victims a voice and to expose the issue.”

A representative for Singer did not immediately respond to TheWrap's request for comment.

Herman previously represented the five plaintiffs who accused Sesame Street Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of sexually abusing them. Three of the suits were dismissed due to the statute of limitations running out, however, the plaintiffs vowed to appeal. One other plaintiff dropped his complaint, and a fifth plaintiff's suit is currently active.

Clash resigned from Sesame Street in November 2012, after the second accuser filed suit against him.

More to come…

I still can't believe the way some have already condemned Singer especially those complaining about pictures he's taken with fans. Innocent until proven guilty, just remember that.

This is nuts. I don't "hate or fear" him. lol I'm over arguing about it. I would seriously spend more time describing how you see this situation and less time ATTACKING other people for simply expressing THEIR OWN thoughts on it which they have every right to.

I still can't believe the way some have already condemned Singer especially those complaining about pictures he's taken with fans. Innocent until proven guilty, just remember that.

It's pretty gross. I'm sure singer had heaps of people approach him and say "my kids love the xmen, can I have a photo with you".

That doesn't mean he's guilty. We need to let the courts decide that just in case he is but also in case he isn't

I'd be on the "innocent until proven guilty" bandwagon but this isn't the first time there's been accusations with him. A comment in that article sums it up:

"I love it when people act like rape allegations against directors is some sort of common thing that people just breezily decide to do for ****s and giggles. Folks, legally filed allegations of child rape are actually pretty darn rare in Hollywood. You think maybe this accuser has got an actual story to tell? You think maybe he should get his day in court?

No, let's just summarily trash him because we like comic book movies and hero worship. We think we know Bryan Singer, because we go see his movies, and who's this little nobody trying to spoil the party?"

I'd be on the "innocent until proven guilty" bandwagon but this isn't the first time there's been accusations with him. A comment in that article sums it up:

"I love it when people act like rape allegations against directors is some sort of common thing that people just breezily decide to do for ****s and giggles. Folks, legally filed allegations of child rape are actually pretty darn rare in Hollywood. You think maybe this accuser has got an actual story to tell? You think maybe he should get his day in court?

No, let's just summarily trash him because we like comic book movies and hero worship. We think we know Bryan Singer, because we go see his movies, and who's this little nobody trying to spoil the party?"

That is true. Plus Singer is pretty well known for his twinkish parties.

I hope it isnt true, but I wouldn't be slightly surprised if it werent. The timing is just suspicious.

But we don't know what is true or not about those allegation except that the rumor/or fact is that Bryan likes/loves twink and have pool parties that can be weird but that can be said about anyone when some allegation start.

Can we stay some kind of neutral until we have some sold proof that he really did abuse him before we start trashing him or attacking everyone who wants to know more before go on a rampage and see what will police and justice system say.

Also as someone said I don't give 2 cents about what he does in his life if it's legal but it is sad that he uses his status to lure those guys but we are talking about Hollywood and those guys aren't that stupid (I hope so) ... I mean my town isn't Hollywood but everytime I go out you'll have guys who will take their status to get some.

If you kind of look on Twitter, Devin Faraci & others journos are surprised it took this long to come out. It has to be true, especially when with that post on IMDB, all those photos, an insider on Neogaf who works in the TV industry and has heard a lot about Singer's & Roland Emmerich's disgusting parties.

If you kind of look on Twitter, Devin Faraci & others journos are surprised it took this long to come out. It has to be true, especially when with that post on IMDB, all those photos, an insider on Neogaf who works in the TV industry and has heard a lot about Singer's & Roland Emmerich's disgusting parties.

Ok he has those parties etc. which is gross but as I said it's his life and if everything is legal I really don't give two cents. Every person has a brain (hope so) and can decide in what they will participate and what not.

I'm saying about allegation of him abusing that guy isn't something that is proven to be true and thankfully we have justice system that will find him guilty if he is guilty indeed. And in that case I hope he gets the biggest amount of punishment but until than we need more proof before we start trashing him for that.

Believe the accuser or not but I think we can all agree that the parties are disgusting and not because he is gay. He's one of many powerful people in Hollywood, gay and straight, who use their position to get sex from young people. Singer 100% set himself up for this kind of thing and even if he didn't do what he has been accused of doing, it's hard to feel sorry for such a sleezy guy.

Last edited:
Believe the accuser or not but I think we can all agree that the parties are disgusting and not because he is gay. He's one of many powerful people in Hollywood, gay and straight, who use their position to get sex from young people. Singer 100% set himself up for this kind of thing and even if he didn't do what he has been accused of doing, it's hard to feel sorry for such a sleezy guy.

In my personal opinion those kind of parties are gross and I would never lower myself to be part of them but people do it from gay to straight.
And we shouldn't forget all those people have brains and reasonable thinking (hope so) and I'm pretty sure that they know in what kind of things they are going into.

There's nothing wrong, immoral, creepy, or disgusting about his lifestyle, parties, or him having his sexual preference.

The only issue here is whether or not his activities with that dude when he was 17 were consensual or not, nothing more.

Last edited:
Luring young men to his parties and giving them booze and drugs, then forcing them to perform sexual acts on him isn't wrong, immoral, creepy or disgusting?

There's nothing wrong, immoral, creepy, or disgusting about his lifestyle, parties, or him having his sexual preference.

The only issue here is whether or not his activities with that dude when he was 17 were consensual or not, nothing more.

Yes, you're right, it's completely healthy.

I'm not talking about him being gay.

Hollywood types using their influence in that way is wrong. It is disgusting to me, it may not be illegal but it is morally reprehensible.

I agree that it is a case about rape and not rather Singer is a sleezy guy but I can mention things surrounding it if I choose to.

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a a concept for the legal system, and rightly so.

My personal opinion isn't required to hold to that standard though. Sorry, I think he's guilty. And I'm a huge X-Men fan that can't wait for DoFP. I can separate the two things.

I think a big factor in what will happen with this story is who the other people that they plan to file lawsuits against are, if they are famous or not. The other thing would be if more people were to come forward with similar allegations. Atm the moment not a lot of the main press are paying too much attention, but that could change.

Luring young men to his parties and giving them booze and drugs, then forcing them to perform sexual acts on him isn't wrong, immoral, creepy or disgusting?

Who cares if he likes parties with younger men.
Also the alcohol and drugs, sounds like many parties out there.

And are they all being forced to perform sexual acts?

Last edited:
Here´s hoping for justice to be made. Either Singer going behind bars for a while, or in case of false allegations, leave the "victim" broke for life..

I love the X-Men Movies. In case Singer is guilty, too bad for him. Is a stain he will carry all his life. Yet he will still be the man who reinvented the superhero genre. If this is settled off-court, well then, Singer was indeed guilty. I would only vouch for him to come back as a Director if he gets completely clean out of this. HOWEVER, in case of the contrary, I would still reach him as an advisor for the franchise.

Also, what´s up for this guy coming like 13 years later? I´m really sorry for people who have experienced these situations, but honest truth, you don´t wait that long. Cases where the victims keep it shut for so long was because the attacker was someone close to them or to their families, or someone from a higher authority (bosses, church leaders, etc). This guy hasn´t done any work for Singer in years. I don´t know if he even did one job for Singer. He could have sued way years ago. But they waited until Fox is one month from releasing its second expensier movie in history. Pretty fishy to me. I think this person and his lawyer is not only trying to get money from Bryan, but Fox as well.

I do believe, Bryan and this guy might have done "stuff" together back then, but I doubt he was "forced" to... Maybe he was trying to make his way in Hollywood, you know?

Singer (at least for the movies he has made) has taste. Even more than a Wheddon or a Webb. Snyder only coming close. Singer and Nolan are above the rest.

And if you disagree because of Super Man Returns, well, blame the writers. The movie has a great cinematography, and it´s by far, NOT the worst comic book movie.

Last edited:
Honestly I think Singer is a hugely overrated director so I wouldn't care if he never directed another film period. That's not what this thread is about though.

as i said before the thread was locked, its too early to know what has really happened as no evidence has been brought forward but What I wonder is if singer wasnt known for doing comic book films would so many on here being so supportive.

Maybe I'm being ignorant here, but what exactly is wrong with a pool party? Isn't it just a party by a pool? :huh:

Unless it means something else here in this context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"