'X-Men' Director Being Sued For Sex Abuse Allegations - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't have taken so long if you feel so strongly about it outside of 'crossing interests'. But anyway, chances are something else will come up in the future....so I guess we'll see you there if something else crosses. ;)

I feel like such a dork. I didn't think about the actual points you were making, I kept thinking "Don't cross the streams."

Careful dano. You're making sense! That might make X-Maniac sue you or threaten legal action against your common sense!

Hah! I'm not 'threatening legal action' but I was mentioning that there was a risk of dodgy things being said.

When we report ongoing court cases in the UK, we don't allow any comments on the articles at all. It feels like another world. I prefer it to be honest!

Hah! I'm not 'threatening legal action' but I was mentioning that there was a risk of dodgy things being said.

When we report ongoing court cases in the UK, we don't allow any comments on the articles at all. It feels like another world. I prefer it to be honest!
Oh come on. Don't act like that wasn't what you were doing. :funny:

Look, I'm not saying Singer is guilty or innocent. I don't know. But you listing A/B list actors and saying "I don't see much of a teen casting couch there, lol..." is quite frankly, ridiculous. Those are the main characters of the film, not the supporting actors who have either no lines or one line.

Well, he could easily have filled the film with young teens as the students of the school with mutant powers emerging during naked shower scenes, lol...

They don't have the internet or message boards in the UK?!?

Which means absolutely nothing. It's an ongoing court case, and people are allowed to discuss it. And you DID threaten people. You said you were willing to take this to a higher lever. That my friend, is a threat. If people discussing a REAL case or specualting on what happens if this is indeed true about obviously one of your idols offends you, then you should walk away. Not make baseless threats.

Oh come on. Don't act like that wasn't what you were doing. :funny:

Did you think I'd suddenly hire a team of lawyers to jump on you at 1am on a Saturday night/Sunday morning on an bank holiday weekend... :funny:

Well, he could easily have filled the film with young teens as the students of the school with mutant powers emerging during naked shower scenes, lol...

NO HE COULDN'T!

He goes to his producers and says "Hey, I want to cast all of these really young unknown actors as the top stars of our blockbuster movie." They would fire him instantly, or tell him no. On the otherhand "Hey, I want to cast these people as cameos who have no real effect on the movie and they are only on for a few seconds". Seriously! It's night and day!!!

They don't have the internet or message boards in the UK?!?

Mainstream news sites don't. We did have one on a newspaper website, but we closed it down because of...wait for it, drum roll....legally actionable material! :woot:

Did you think I'd suddenly hire a team of lawyers to jump on you at 1am on a Saturday night/Sunday morning on an bank holiday weekend... :funny:
No, I didn't think you'd actually do anything. But you sure felt the need to act like you had the cops on speed dial. :cwink:

Mainstream news sites don't. We did have one on a newspaper website, but we closed it down because of...wait for it, drum roll....legally actionable material! :woot:
Since when is this message board anything close to that?

At the magazine I used to work for, we had to pull an issue from being distributed in the UK because of the potential legal ramifications regarding a story about Lance Armstrong. That issue was never delivered, and we couldn't sell back issues to anyone in the UK.

Since when is this message board anything close to that?

Uh...well a lot of what is said here wouldn't be allowed on the newspaper websites or newspaper Facebook pages I know about...

It's a different ball game, quite a big adjustment for me to see the things people are allowed to say...

I'm not 'refusing to believe anything', i'm saying I don't have the facts. It's impossible to come down on one side or the other at this point.

We have Singer and his alleged party lifestyle on one side. We have an accuser who didn't raise the issue for 15 years, and didn't mention Singer in a previous claim, on the other.

Even if Singer did have wild parties and even if there was sex involved, that does not make this accusation true.

What are you saying? That it is true?

His party lifestyle is fact..... There's no way to deny that. To what level of activities... That's up for debate

At the magazine I used to work for, we had to pull an issue from being distributed in the UK because of the potential legal ramifications regarding a story about Lance Armstrong. That issue was never delivered, and we couldn't sell back issues to anyone in the UK.
And as we know, none of that Lance Armstrong stuff was ever proven...

We also had to close a news forum because of a guy who had about 50 different aliases. He would use them to post long discussions in which he actually argued violently with his other identities. Turned out he had a legal history of harassment and violence, and he was eventually prosecuted for other things he did in real life... Total nutcase...

Uh...well a lot of what is said here wouldn't be allowed on the newspaper websites or newspaper Facebook pages I know about...

It's a different ball game, quite a big adjustment for me to see the things people are allowed to say...
What exactly are you having a problem with? The rumors about him are pretty well known and accepted to be true.

Again, as has been pointed out to you multiple times, this is not a court of law, and none of this is admissible in court for or against him. This is just a group of people speculating on what may or may not have happened, and some of us wouldn't be surprised if it was true given Singer's track record and previous creepy behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"