X Men Evolution vs Wolverine and the X Men

wolver

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey I'm new here and I apologize ahead of time if this is a stupid question. But what is the relationship between "X Men Evolution" and "Wolverine and the X Men"? It seems like "Wolverine and the X Men" takes places a few years into the future. If so, is "Wolverine and the X Men" a continuation of "X Men Evolution"?

Nope, it isn't. They're completely different shows. The creative team behind both are the same, though.

But in the last episode of X Men Evolution, it seems like Xavier is referring to the future. You're saying there's absolutely no relation between XME and Wolverine and the X Men.

i think they're pretty on par with each other. i've been recently watching Evolution and love the story arcs and the season finales are amazing. it's how i'd like to see a live action x-men sow for sure. which also with Wolverine and the X-Men I love the story they told overr the 26 episodes. plus Emma Frost is pretty awesome. and I do like the way they have Cyclops in it. this is definitely so much better than The Last Stand.

X-Men evolution Is a rariety In animated shows.It gets better as It goes on.First season wasn't exactly great.Second season slowly started to get better and by the second season finale It was true X-Men show.

I recently bought the Wolverine and the X-Men complete series set.A shame season 4 of X-Men evolution will probally never get on DVD.And the 90's X-Men show sets are a ripoff.No special features and having the oriignal airdate order.While that Is fine for first couple of seasons once they got Into season 3 the episodes were totally aired out of planned order.2 season 3 episodes didn't air till the 5th and final season.

Wolverine and the X-Men does have It's faults but may be the best we will get from an
X-Men animated show.

Evolution was WAY better. I wish that show didn't end.

i think they're pretty on par with each other. i've been recently watching Evolution and love the story arcs and the season finales are amazing. it's how i'd like to see a live action x-men sow for sure. which also with Wolverine and the X-Men I love the story they told overr the 26 episodes. plus Emma Frost is pretty awesome. and I do like the way they have Cyclops in it. this is definitely so much better than The Last Stand.
I don't think a live-action show would work. X-men isn't really a group that can be watered down for TV, so barring a huge budget which would limit the amount of episodes produced (especially if it isn't immediately popular) would mean pretty dodgy special effects.

So no sentinels, no flying mutants, no incredible powers etc would all be possible. X-men lends itself more to cartoons and the big budgets of films.

Honestly the difference in my opinion is Wolverine and the X-men is closer to the original X-Men comic storyline---whereas Evolution isn't as much. Though I do prefer Evolution a little over Wolverine and the X-men.

Evolution as a kid was the ****.

It seemed a little more violent than Wolverine and the x-men which i liked imo.

I liked the high school element of it as well. the animation was much better on it also

Wolverine and X-men is better but shorter
X-men TAS and WATXM are based on comic books but Evolution looks more a new version like Ultimate.

I'm surprised so many people see Evo as the better show.

It was a comic-based kid's show. Yes, it got better over time and seasons 3 and 4 had some truly memorable episodes. But on the whole, it was more like say "Generation X" or EARLY "New Mutants/New X-Men" than a full-fledged X-Men cartoon.

Wolverine and the X-Men is, in my opinion, not only the finest X-cartoon, but is the finest superhero series ever made thus far.

Unlike Evo, WATXM felt like a comic book-series come to life. The entire Season had a direct focus and plot, and every episode helped build up to the epic finale (besides two episodes - the Hulk and Silver Samurai ones). There were a couple of characters that never got their proper due - largely because it was "WOLVERINE" and the X-Men. But that was because its what was required of them to make, with him being the poster boy and with the Origins film around the same time. But Wolverine, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Xavier, Emma, and Angel all had incredible moments to shine, and it's my favorite representation of each of those characters in all the X-Men cartoons.

Also, I loved the smaller roles and cameos of the series. Dust, Magma, Mercury, Blink, Pixie, Sammy Pare, Dazzler, Scanner, Sage, Colossus, Psylocke, Nitro, The Brotherhood, The Hellfire Club, The Marauders, Wolfsbane, Rockslide, Pyro, Hellion, Marrow, Bishop, Sabertooth, Maverick, X-23, Mystique, SO MANY MORE...

The unfortunate thing is that I know WATXM would've gotten even better had it been given the season 2 treatment. More Psylocke, Colossus, and Blink, complete with an epic AoA storyline. I'll always be better. Damn timing and damn Disney.

Wolverine and the X-Men is, in my opinion, not only the finest X-cartoon, but is the finest superhero series ever made thus far.

Yeahh.....there was this show. It was called, "Batman: The Animated Series".

Yeahh.....there was this show. It was called, "Batman: The Animated Series".

Yeah.....I know it's like taboo to not say it was the greatest - but I don't think it was the greatest. It had a lot of fine story lines - but then there were also episodes that felt very unnecessary. Also, I never liked how there wasn't a "proper" first episode that kind of introduced Batman - you could watch the first episode and almost feel like you're in the middle of the series. Robin was just thrown in there too without any origin or backstory. Batman: Under Red Hood is IMO the finest Batman toon, and if a series was made like that, maybe I'd think it to be better than WATXM, but there's not, so I don't.

X Men Evolution is far better in terms of animation, story, direction, overall it is the best Marvel animated show. (IMO.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"